ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Alright guys, i have a serious question this time and i don't really know how to go about it. So i am just gonna post it here.

Here goes:

If someone else uses created characters or at least names and looks of created characters of this game, but made in another engine like the game engine for the sims and then ask money for it, what would be the right way to deal with something like that?
Tell Runey about it and let him decide if it's worth it to him to pursue legal action. That's all you can do - the avenue to resolve this kind of thing is with a cease-and-desist letter and if that doesn't work a lawsuit, and Runey is the party who would have to do either. You aren't gonna get the cops to put a stop to it or anything like that.

edit: now that I see exactly what you're talking about, you MIGHT be able to report them to Patreon as well, but there again I don't know if they'd actually act on it coming from someone other than the copyright holder.

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Tell Runey about it and let him decide if it's worth it to him to pursue legal action. That's all you can do - the avenue to resolve this kind of thing is with a cease-and-desist letter and if that doesn't work a lawsuit, and Runey is the party who would have to do either. You aren't gonna get the cops to put a stop to it or anything like that.

edit: now that I see exactly what you're talking about, you MIGHT be able to report them to Patreon as well, but there again I don't know if they'd actually act on it coming from someone other than the copyright holder.
I guess the main reason i asked here for help is because i don't really know how to reach Runey, and thought someone here might know how to do so.

And if someone says discord, please don't. I hate discord almost as much as discord hates me.

• Haha
Reactions: OdinValgallovih

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Well, you could just try tagging him on here, like so: Runey ...but he hasn't logged in in two months, so god only knows when he'd see it. The OP has links to his discord and twitter pages, which you could also try getting in touch with him through.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Alright, let's see i fthis works.

They should be underneath the first tab.
Yeah that's pretty much in line with what I was expecting.
Personally I don't see a problem with it, it's like the Sims equivalent of sharing cards and mods for HS/Koikatsu (and there are people who charge for those too).

Also I found this other mod there, and the description amused me:

1716473645757.png

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Yeah that's pretty much in line with what I was expecting.
Personally I don't see a problem with it, it's like the Sims equivalent of sharing cards and mods for HS/Koikatsu (and there are people who charge for those too).

Also I found this other mod there, and the description amused me:

View attachment 3663049
I guess you have those kind of people right.
I have sent a message to his discord so if he sees it he can decide what to do with it.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
While I don't think that what they are doing is right, I have to say that some of those images suck.
Probably early creations, like the Lin and Kali ones.
The level of blush or makeup, just destroys the looks.

Reactions: Zen777

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Illusion send the ninjas if you try to make any for-profit stuff using their engines, or try to copyright it? And if I understand my copyright law, wouldn't that mean any derivatives of content made in their software are free game unless you also try to for-profit them?

Which would translate to, while not only being a shitty move, the Sims stuff that guy has behind a paywall being a big legal no-no?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Illusion send the ninjas if you try to make any for-profit stuff using their engines, or try to copyright it? And if I understand my copyright law, wouldn't that mean any derivatives of content made in their software are free game unless you also try to for-profit them?

Which would translate to, while not only being a shitty move, the Sims stuff that guy has behind a paywall being a big legal no-no?
That has been there since 2021 or earlier. It is un-likely anything can/will be done.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020

Well, Illusion closed their doors last year, so there's that.

Last edited:

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Ah yes, snitching, very cool, and not at all super lame :PogChamp:
Ahh your one of those types huh, so if you have been working on a game for 6 years and someone was making money of characters and names that you created then you would not mind either right? Or are you one of those types that actually would do something like that? Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion so please do yourself, me and everyone else here a pleasure and shove yours in your place where the sun does not shine alright.:):):)

• Haha
Reactions: TamreeFugar

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Ahh your one of those types huh, so if you have been working on a game for 6 years and someone was making money of characters and names that you created then you would not mind either right? Or are you one of those types that actually would do something like that? Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion so please do me and everyone else here a pleasure and shove yours in your place where the sun does not shine alright.:):):)
Man.. this is pirating forum... what are you on about...

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
While I don't think that what they are doing is right, I have to say that some of those images suck.
Probably early creations, like the Lin and Kali ones.
The level of blush or makeup, just destroys the looks.
Well, that just makes it even worse right? I mean there is something like copyright and then there is making it insulting by making a crappy job out of it.

Reactions: sakosux

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
Sorry, just channeling my inner Galmar for a bit. Really like that guy. Besides, there is still a difference between getting a game for free and using assets from other people's work to make money off it.
Uh, do you know what an "asset" is? Those are Sims mods, if you wanted to use the HH models, you'd have to put them through a couple of stages of process to make them work in the Sims (I guess you could then fight about 'derivative work', but w/e). There's basically a 0% chance that those things are anything other than characters modeled after HH characters.

Reactions: sakosux and torresm
4.70 star(s) 447 Votes