RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
Please get rid of this terrible navigation system. Do you want to make a game or a torture device? No one wants to click a thousand times to get out of the room.
Will work on refining the navigation system in the future , that parts def still a W.I.P but can't do much about clicking all that much since most Sandbox games can't avoid that

• Red Heart
Reactions: Charles de Guernica

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
Having the name Impact, but no Honkai Impact, i'm disappointed
Haven't playing Honkai Impact yet , seen a bit of 3rd . Maybe when Honkai Rail launches in the future cud add one or two chara's from there. But most in Honkai are correlated as far as I know such as Raiden or Yae having counterparts in Honkai.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Will work on refining the navigation system in the future , that parts def still a W.I.P but can't do much about clicking all that much since most Sandbox games can't avoid that
It is true most sandbox games cannot avoid clicking, but your game requires more clicking than normal, which many people will not enjoy.
  1. The black transition screen some area to area requires an extra click to make it go faster. Most sandbox games do not have this from my experience.
  2. Condense the areas. For example, in there MC's bedroom, there are like 5 different screens. You probably could get rid of the screen where MC leaves his room, and you could combine the MC's bed screen with the general bedroom screen.

• Hey there
Reactions: RayAsher

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
It is true most sandbox games cannot avoid clicking, but your game requires more clicking than normal, which many people will not enjoy.
  1. The black transition screen some area to area requires an extra click to make it go faster. Most sandbox games do not have this from my experience.
  2. Condense the areas. For example, in there MC's bedroom, there are like 5 different screens. You probably could get rid of the screen where MC leaves his room, and you could combine the MC's bed screen with the general bedroom screen.
I'll add the 1st Suggestion to my To-Do list for the Next Version, I guess that Cinematic Switch isn't needed in Sanbox
Second Suggestion is already in the future changes list since Beta Testers also pointed that out.

Thnx for the Suggestions :BootyTime:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I'll add the 1st Suggestion to my To-Do list for the Next Version, I guess that Cinematic Switch isn't needed in Sanbox
Second Suggestion is already in the future changes list since Beta Testers also pointed that out.

Thnx for the Suggestions :BootyTime:
A couple small improvements also:
  1. On the academy map, when you select a floor or general area, you should be able to select another floor without having to hit return. This would also be the case with reading in the library.
  2. A button to return to the bedroom can be nice, but that may be clutter and/or unnecessary.
  3. Instead of having the city map button on the phone, there should be a button somewhere on the screen for less clicks.

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
A couple small improvements also:
  1. On the academy map, when you select a floor or general area, you should be able to select another floor without having to hit return. This would also be the case with reading in the library.
  2. A button to return to the bedroom can be nice, but that may be clutter and/or unnecessary.
  3. Instead of having the city map button on the phone, there should be a button somewhere on the screen for less clicks.
Yup as said all of these things you've mentioned are in the Planned Quality of Life changes

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Two questions: How do you open training with the other two teachers, or even, when do you meet them

And: "Encounter a myth and survive, then attend class" how do you even meet said myth

Edit: Found one of the instructors, Estelle at the yard for anyone who also couldn't find her, don't know what triggers it, but its at evening.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Hey there
Reactions: Bse and RayAsher

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
Two questions: How do you open training with the other two teachers, or even, when do you meet them

And: "Encounter a myth and survive, then attend class" how do you even meet said myth

Edit: Found one of the instructors, Estelle at the yard for anyone who also couldn't find her, don't know what triggers it, but its at evening.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Basically once you trigger Johana's first Event and Also complete Estelle's First Event the event for Arisa triggers once you go to the classroom in the morning time.

The Myth part is a bit further down in the H.Q segment

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot. When you get those sandbox fixes in (you should also get rid of the black screens during events), it will be a solid game. The last scene on this update is with Hana and the coven, correct?

This game has potential but try not to add to much either (there are a lot of minigames so far). If you can get updates out a bit quicker, it could become a popular game.

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot. When you get those sandbox fixes in (you should also get rid of the black screens during events), it will be a solid game. The last scene on this update is with Hana and the coven, correct?

This game has potential but try not to add to much either (there are a lot of minigames so far). If you can get updates out a bit quicker, it could become a popular game.
I'll try my best and yes already got a ton of fixes which are gonna be added in. And yup that is the last scene for now

Ah , I'll try to keep things concise. Maybe I'll have to reduce the render count somehow since each sentence generally has it's own unique render. Guess I'll have to substitute some of that with more animations.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Ah , I'll try to keep things concise. Maybe I'll have to reduce the render count somehow since each sentence generally has it's own unique render. Guess I'll have to substitute some of that with more animations.
I was not necessarily saying reduce the render count, but limit the scope of the project. Many projects try to add too much to their games, and it causes too many delays or bugs/issues. That is just my advice from what I have seen from other projects.

• Red Heart

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
I was not necessarily saying reduce the render count, but limit the scope of the project. Many projects try to add too much to their games, and it causes too many delays or bugs/issues. That is just my advice from what I have seen from other projects.
True , true , I've seen that as well in many cases. I think I'll have to make things concise yet have more impacts in smaller events.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021

Original file size 2,02 GB, compressed 917 MB

This is the first and only compressed version I will create for this game.
The problem here is that the game contains an incredible number of small videos that take an extremely long time to compress, but when downloading multiple times via a 56k modem is faster than compressing, the benefit-to-effort ratio just doesn't add up.
To be clear, "normal" really big games I compress in about 3-10 minutes, this one took over 4 hours.

Sorry, maybe someone else will do this for future versions, otherwise please send compression requests for this game to NASA or any organization that owns supercomputers.

Last edited:

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018

HaremImpact 0-2 pc compressed

Original file size 2,02 GB, compressed 917 MB

This is the first and only compressed version I will create for this game.
The problem here is that the game contains an incredible number of small videos that take an extremely long time to compress, but when downloading multiple times via a 56k modem is faster than compressing, the benefit-to-effort ratio just doesn't add up.
To be clear, "normal" really big games I compress in about 3-10 minutes, this one took over 4 hours.

Sorry, maybe someone else will do this for future versions, otherwise please send compression requests for this game to NASA or any organization that owns supercomputers.
Ye , I did do the compression when helping out my Android Porter and it did take me 7 hours to get it to 500 mb. Thanks for doing it though , adding it to the front page :4Head:

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
The easy way to go from classroom to MC room click the clock top left. works at night.
Yup , I put that feature into some places since Player's can't spend time in a place after the next time of day makes it unavailable. Altho I will be adding in a button to let players directly go to the room regardless of the time of day

Reactions: Bse

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
seems like some of the issues have already been pointed out but one of the biggest issues is the text continuing on its own. Not everybody reads fast enough before it goes to the next sentence

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes