RPGM Abandoned Harem RPG Unofficial Remake [C5.0] [Kuroki]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
Only thing I could want would be for this to be in MV. Just because then I could have windowed fullscreen mode and mouse controls.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Are there plans to continue the story, or is this project just a reskin of the original content. This was a game I genuinely would love to see continued and, frankly, I don't even care who does it anymore.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
It is too early for more story, because he's got a lot of CGs to shift through. Story ideas will come once there's actually enough remake to call it a remake.

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
Are there plans to continue the story, or is this project just a reskin of the original content. This was a game I genuinely would love to see continued and, frankly, I don't even care who does it anymore.
At the moment it is just being updated with better quality CGs and maybe minor things like more bothel scenes. Kuroki stated they might continue the story if there is enough interest and people to help write the story arcs and characters. I and my wife have volunteered already. Just will have to wait and see. Currently I'm contributing the the remake by being a playtester. Feel free to join the discord server if you have more question or just want to follow the development.

Reactions: Jove76

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
You cannot open this in 7zip, I tried. You need to use UniExtract.
Still, you really miss the point. It takes a long time to start the game up due to first unpacking to your temp folder, FOR NO REASON.
Unpack it with UniExtract and it starts immediately.
Never used UniExtract before. But your wrong about 7zip, it can open these. I've tried too. And succeeded. And it's not like it takes hours. And what point was I missing. Was only suggesting an alternative to blindly running an exe.

Last edited:

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
this is just weird. Yes the original is abandoned but it is still there. You are just taking someone else's work, changing the art, while trying to profit off it. you even claimed you have no plans to continue the story. Create your own project where you use your own characters, story, ect. At least that way you won't be trying to profit of another work.
Username checks out.

On topic, I still have the old Harem thread bookmarked, so of course I'm interested in a remake. The models are remarkably accurate for having changed rendering engines, and equally importantly, they look good stand-alone. I'd offer writing help, but the original was quite far outside my normal writing - I will extend the offer to help proofread, though, if you ever rally together a team to continue the story.

cloned909

Nov 14, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, Urban Demon also abandoned before being picked up by current dev and finished developed. Sure, it takes time and effort, probably some part that you found you need to redone of throw away completely. But that's what passion project all about, right ? If you don't need to worry about your finance when doing it, even better.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I'm more curious how plans for any kind of alternate routes for how slaves are taken in will work out. Right at the start, a lot of light and dark options are between Donna and Sam butting heads. Makes me wonder not just how the ending would be affected based on how good or evil you are, but would the girls themselves have a different path in the story depending on how you treated them. This is far into the future obviously, but there's a few parts right at the start that influences them both, so I was curious if they'd even change their attitudes during scenes where an entire group is around.

I guess the dev could play with that idea in what ever optional scenes he has planned, considering these are not in the original game.

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
DUDE! I'm genuinely surprised someone picked this game up!

best of luck my man

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
Props to the new dev for reviving this game. It's a shame the original dev had to abandon it.
I was curious, so I looked at his Patreon. Still bringing in around 450$ despite zero communication for nearly 2yrs. I guess a lot of people forget about projects they're supporting, or are just super understanding and patient?

Reactions: Konstantinus

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
I guess a lot of people forget about projects they're supporting
Likely this one. I read once about a study that subscriptionservices with automatical renewal are so favoured because the casual customer is forgetting, that it runs and the developer is getting the money before he had to deliver any service.
If someone is seeing, that he has one of those, the sunken cost fallacy makes them most of the time trying to rationalize their cost and so try out the product they are paying for instead of just cutting which will often lead to, that if they do not like it they use it less and less and so forget about it until there is another subscriptionbill so the corporation got another year worth of money for a service the customer is not even using. I for example still subscribe to Renryuu Ascension after some mistake I needed to start from start and because I did not wanted to waste 200 hours until I am back to where I left before mistake, I procrastinate.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
BDSM is literally one of the things I believe Ralph likes doing to the girls, and at least a few of them like that being done to them. Angelica I remember being a more extreme case in that she's basically your doormat, and gets pissed at people for not agreeing with you. In fact, light or dark path, there's literally no way she isn't getting pissy with at least someone due to not listening to you. The only difference is her reverence of you. Do you want her to see you as a king, or as a god?

I feel like just having slavery as a theme should have told the more vanilla viewers that this game was anything but kind, and from my point of view, if a dev makes a slave game, I fully expect something dark in it just to solidify that these girls have no real will of their own, just maybe the fact there's some kindness sprinkled in if the player so chooses. The act of being a slave is not vanilla.
Thanks.

I guess I'll find another game.

In any case, thanks KurokiSama for the game.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote