RPGM Abandoned Harem RPG Unofficial Remake [C5.0] [Kuroki]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
damn, look nice
are there any walkthrough for the game?
Not really, there is a work in progress fandomwiki page for the remake that details the characters and when/how to recruit them. Other than that game is pretty straight forward. So long as you read the text boxes you'll get a pretty good idea of who to talk to at any point. There is also an in game quest log, but sometimes it is a little vague. If you decide to play however I'm very active here and on the remakes discord server and have played through Harem, both old and this remake, multiple times. I can help you if you ever need.

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
ok thank u, i am not the type who read dialouge so ye, wish me good luck XD
Harem is pretty story and dialog intensive so you'll be missing most of what keeps a lot of us invested in the game long term. Just a heads up the new images end about when you enter the city of Lesser Corsix. You can keep playing but all the images from then on will be the original ones.

wyrmcraft

Oct 24, 2019
I'm mainly interested in seeing the plot move along, but I'll be watching with interest. Harem dying made me quite sad.

Reactions: andi80

bigboy6220

Jun 27, 2020
Why did you take someone else work and upgrade it instead of doing your own game?
You ever get invested in an unfinished story and want to see it completed? If so then that's your answer. Basically just higher effort speculative fanfic while also bringing the game you love into a better engine. If that doesn't make sense, the why isn't really important. Play it if it's interesting. If not, don't.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Or they can stop being hypocrites and admit they're complaining about stealing on a site that uploads these games for free.

Because these people being on this site to complain isn't morally dubious at all.

Dragantis

Jul 30, 2018
Or they can stop being hypocrites and admit they're complaining about stealing on a site that uploads these games for free.

Because these people being on this site to complain isn't morally dubious at all.
From your point, it seem that I'm complying about steeling but that is not my point, I'm way more selfish. What I don't like is that project like this tend to go big, get their developers invest hours of work and skills and than, one day, go down. If it was original work, than only author could shut it down. But here in this project, at random time Kur can come and say that He dont like that His work was remade, than either Kuroki shut it down or we get one big shit storm going around.

Jul 24, 2017
OMG,i was hoping someone would try to revive Harem. im sad for Ker but seeing his game is kind of back from the death fills me with joy. Good luck with it and please do not abandon it

Thata'sae

Jan 30, 2020
From your point, it seem that I'm complying about steeling but that is not my point, I'm way more selfish. What I don't like is that project like this tend to go big, get their developers invest hours of work and skills and than, one day, go down. If it was original work, than only author could shut it down. But here in this project, at random time Kur can come and say that He dont like that His work was remade, than either Kuroki shut it down or we get one big shit storm going around.
While I appreciate, and to a degree share, your concern about the project dying again, please just wait and see what will happen. That's all I can offer. Yes Ker could decide to force cancel this project, though I doubt it since its almost been 2 years since anyone has heard from him as far as I know. As I stated in an earlier post, Page 4 post #74, we don't intend to stop until at least Kuroki has finished making their new CGs. I personally hope that Ker does indeed return one day and resume work on the original version since only he knows the story roadmap that has been going on so far. All we want is to see this game come alive again and maybe, hopefully, continue on to a proper ending(s).

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
I was curious, so I looked at his Patreon. Still bringing in around 450$ despite zero communication for nearly 2yrs. I guess a lot of people forget about projects they're supporting, or are just super understanding and patient?
Well since the old dev supposedly bowed out due to medical issues it's possible they're being supportive although agreed after almost 2years that's hard to believe.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
While I appreciate, and to a degree share, your concern about the project dying again, please just wait and see what will happen. That's all I can offer. Yes Ker could decide to force cancel this project, though I doubt it since its almost been 2 years since anyone has heard from him as far as I know. As I stated in an earlier post, Page 4 post #74, we don't intend to stop until at least Kuroki has finished making their new CGs. I personally hope that Ker does indeed return one day and resume work on the original version since only he knows the story roadmap that has been going on so far. All we want is to see this game come alive again and maybe, hopefully, continue on to a proper ending(s).
Actually unless Ker took the time to obtain the appropriate copyrights than anyone can remake his publicized work cause he chose to share it without taking the necessary steps to retain legal rights to it.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
If I were to just use extremely brief legal speak, I'm pretty sure a lot of Patreon funded games have no possible way to infringe on them because none of their games is copyrighted. In fact, they can't copyright it. Why? Most of the games using these assets either belong to Illusion or Kiss, the companies that actually own all of the models. So not only could any one dev not have the power to sue anyone using these works, they couldn't even do it without having their asses sued off by the actual Japanese teams that made the assets. So if anyone wants to try and bring potential infringement lawsuits, it'd be the Japanese suing you, not some dude on Patreon.

I'd prefer if people actually understood how these things worked before trying to act like you're some kind of lawyer.

KurokiSama

Jan 31, 2020
Was the swinging/whoring made optional in this one or no?
The build is based the latest release by Ker, so a lot of whoring options are optional, the whole brothel thing can be avoided as well.

damn, look nice
are there any walkthrough for the game?
Most of the time I just use the Quest log item in the inventory to check what I have to do. But yeah we're writing a walkthough to post on the wikia soon.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
The build is based the latest release by KEr, so a lot of whoring options are optional, the whole brothel thing can be avoided as well.

Most of the time I just use the Quest log item in the inventory to check what I have to do.
But the swinging agreement you make with the guy with a collar early on for instance.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
What ever happened to the original dev? Is he still alive even?

If I were to just use extremely brief legal speak, I'm pretty sure a lot of Patreon funded games have no possible way to infringe on them because none of their games is copyrighted. In fact, they can't copyright it. Why? Most of the games using these assets either belong to Illusion or Kiss, the companies that actually own all of the models. So not only could any one dev not have the power to sue anyone using these works, they couldn't even do it without having their asses sued off by the actual Japanese teams that made the assets. So if anyone wants to try and bring potential infringement lawsuits, it'd be the Japanese suing you, not some dude on Patreon.

I'd prefer if people actually understood how these things worked before trying to act like you're some kind of lawyer.
Well actually the dev still owns copyright over the original characters and the plot even if he does not own any of the assets.

clblank74

Oct 10, 2017
To anyone claiming that this is an attempt to profit off of Ker's work I feelit should be pointed out that KurokiSama's Patreon only has a couple of tier's and they are very minimal amounts. It is more like asking for some tips to pay for the work of making new pictures for the remake. And to be fair it isn't on a technical level any different than people who do something like make mods for a game and run a patreon page as even though the mod might be new it needs someone else's work for it to exist. I for one am happy to see what comes of the remake as I loved the original game and would be happy if Ker were to return and finish it, but an effort to polish a game like this is equally good.

Sep 15, 2017
so is it the same as the first up to this point, because I think I still have the walkthough that ker always released and want to double check

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
What ever happened to the original dev? Is he still alive even?

Well actually the dev still owns copyright over the original characters and the plot even if he does not own any of the assets.
Yeah he's alive. I found his twitter from his blog. I checked his likes and it seems he just likes posts on twitter regularly although he doesn't post.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote