NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Wow I'm so happy with the Harmony romance and sex scene and how accomodating she is with transforming her body. Her "ode to Sparkle" by the lake was beautiful. Now I wish I didn't have to choose between her and Skylark.
You don't, actually. Currently the "correct" order is to sit with P&L so you can introduce Skylark after dinner, Harmony will then meet up with you the next day anyway and you proceed to the lake scene.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah I was always confused, if not slightly flabbergasted, with this sudden shift. I brought it up in the past here but Davie and some others assured me this is much less OOC than it seems and that it makes sense for an abused introvert to "bloom" like this with their abuser temporarily out of action. I accepted the explanation but personally I'm not entirely convinced. A couple more gadual changes would've been nice.
I could maybe believe it if there was something in the text to make you think that her cheery slutty extroverted attitude reflects her real self while the timid fearful behavior is caused by her abuse. But there isn't.
As far as we know, Lel was always timid. This thought is reinforced by a conversation with Panki, by Lel's behavior and by the fact she can even get started on her character development out of that behavior in a natural way.
As it is, we're left with Kayden's temporary unconsciousness causing her behavior, personality and instincts to completely leave the atmosphere and be instantly replaced with their opposites.
There are no signs of Lel 2 before the pirate ship and there are no traces of Lel 1 left after the pirate ship. They're separate individuals.

Reactions: qorl55 and Bev_

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
There are no signs of Lel 2 before the pirate ship - and no traces of Lel 1 left after the pirate ship. They're separate individuals.
Multiple personality disorder? It could be a fun idea to play with if Davie wanted to go down that route... :unsure::devilish:

qorl55

May 23, 2018
You don't, actually. Currently the "correct" order is to sit with P&L so you can introduce Skylark after dinner, Harmony will then meet up with you the next day anyway and you proceed to the lake scene.
Ooooh, okay. Still, it's a bit of a shame I'm losing the dinner convo with Harmony, but I'll take it.

I could maybe believe it if there was something in the text to make you think that her cheery slutty extroverted attitude reflects her real self while the timid fearful behavior is caused by her abuse. But there isn't.
As far as we know, Lel was always timid. This thought is reinforced by a conversation with Panki, by Lel's behavior and by the fact she can even get started on her character development out of that behavior in a natural way.
As it is, we're left with Kayden's temporary unconsciousness causing her behavior, personality and instincts to completely leave the atmosphere and be instantly replaced with their opposites.
There are no signs of Lel 2 before the pirate ship and there are no traces of Lel 1 left after the pirate ship. They're separate individuals.
Yeah you're not wrong. It could've been done better.

daviezwei

Oct 21, 2017
Now the moment when I really started disliking the game:

The boat trip is finally over and... I'm suddenly having endless dialogues about docking fee disputes in a Wild West setting, with characters that look like they were made by hitting Random in the Oblivion character creator.

Afterwards I suddenly have to work for the town's sheriff and solve even more completely random mysteries, that have nothing to do with the main story...

Overall the whole thing just seems very incoherent and random, like when you allow an AI to just generate whatever it wants, without steering it towards the main story (which has seen almost zero progress ever since getting on the boat).
These are basically the sidequests you get in nearly any MMORPG and are in service of the main story as well. The meaning is in how Sparkle chooses to handle these situations.

What I do have a problem with is the guns. This is a world building issue: Why was everyone around Kulton wearing armor and wielding spears when pistols and, as we see later, rifles are around?
This isn't explained in the game but the Tyrants have staked claims on various territories (appointing themselves Presidents, Queens, Chancellors, Prime Minsters, Viscounts, etc.). They are building out their territories as they see fit - for instance with a medieval or western theme. There is bound to be bleed-over, of course, but they can control this with influence and law (e.g. firearms are illegal).

I think you're not seeing this game's greatest strength. Characters and dialogue. You complain a lot about having to talk to people and how the plot is not progressing.

I agree the plot has issues. But I'm forgiving of it because for the most part the characterization is strong, the dialogue supports it and the humor is effective. Despite what happened with Lel, her new character is still strongly written and fun to see. I'll take character dialogue with conflict and comedy over another scene with Gab the plot-fedex person any day. That's clearly where the writer's best qualities are. You might be looking for a more plot-driven story while Healslut is character-driven. It doesn't completely excuse poor plot writing but it's unreasonable to think everything is ruined by it.
Yes, this story is very character-driven and the plot has always been secondary to that. I agree as well at the plot is flawed in parts but thankfully I have a lot of latitude to fix it since this is a work in progress.

Odd that the exposition is delivered by people named Gab and Wendy (windy) isn't it?

Unrelated to everything else: I love Goofyknee. Another really likable character that just makes me smile when I see her. Seems unlikely now, but I would be so happy if we get to see her again.
I like her a lot too :)

Well, I like the main characters and their dialogue.

I just don't like talking forever about random nonsense with side-characters I'll never encounter again.

It's very unusual to do this instead of focusing on story progression.
I do like random nonsense and odd characters. I also feel that each of these encounters helps Sparkle make progress as a person. That said, I understand your viewpoint and why you would find the game frustrating since you are looking at it from a plot-first perspective.

I got She Hulk that Nice :LOL:it least not Female there won't be other Thing to make Shemale into Male?

But So far the game Got Good Story Keep up wanna see full story soon :cool:
Thank you! There may be an opportunity for Sparkle to become "male" in the future.

So... will we ever get non-con Roopah or? I too would be uh.. intrigued by this :)
I'm working on the foreshadowing/backpedaling mechanics to allow for CNC content.

Wow I'm so happy with the Harmony romance and sex scene and how accomodating she is with transforming her body. Her "ode to Sparkle" by the lake was beautiful. Now I wish I didn't have to choose between her and Skylark.

Davie, could we get a Panki+Lel+Skylark+Harmony Sparkle Sandwich? Can we make it happen? I'm sure Sparkle would be loathe to hurt one of the girls' feelings by not including her...

Also, is there any way for Sparkle to be owned by Lel and avoid getting fucked by the gross ogre-man at the admin office?
Thank you! It took a long time to create that scene :)

NoStepOnSnek is correct about the order to get the P+L+S+H harem going. I have it in my notes to fix it so that sitting with Harmony does not preclude the "harem" meeting with Skylark.

Also yes, if Sparkle is at least decent to Lel (don't leave her gagged and don't abandon her to the succubus are two big things) then Lel will either treat Sparkle "fair" or "nice" as an owner and she will not force Sparkle to clean up Butterslap. If Sparkle is in a relationship with Lel or Panki+Lel then Sparkle can make the choice to clean him up or not.

---

I've gathered up the below quotes to reply on the issue with Lel's character:

I agree. It would have been nice to see more gradual development for Lel, and for a while that was the case. In my playthrough I took responsibility for Lel and saw her wanting to help the group with fights. That's a great start and it's on pace with something you'd expect out of a character who's been extremely timid for a long time.

But once you see her on the pirate ship she's skipped her character arc all the way to the end point. She's now outgoing and hyper and doesn't even seem to care about how Kayden still treats her. She's a completely different person and we as the audience don't know how it happened.
Yeah I was always confused, if not slightly flabbergasted, with this sudden shift. I brought it up in the past here but Davie and some others assured me this is much less OOC than it seems and that it makes sense for an abused introvert to "bloom" like this with their abuser temporarily out of action. I accepted the explanation but personally I'm not entirely convinced. A couple more gadual changes would've been nice.

I won't argue that the transition from demure Lel to manic Lel isn't somewhat abrupt. I did attempt to convey an "awakening" that began the moment Sparkle was invited into the group. In fact, Sparkle is the primary catalyst for the change in her attitude.

• Sparkle displays empathy and sympathy for Lel's situation (even if she doesn't sit with her or try to get her a blanket). No one else has done this for Lel before.
  • Sparkle makes a deal to get Lel back into the group which returns to Lel a sense of purpose and value. Sparkle must actually like Lel to endanger herself to find her.
  • Lel rescues Sparkle. This is a big moment for her. Not only does she feel wanted by the group (at least enough for them to come find her), but she has now proven herself to be a valuable member. She even brushes off Kayden's gruff reception at that point.
  • Even if Sparkle denies Lel's request to fight, she respectfully considers the request (Lel gets miffed at the time but she appreciates that at least).
  • Thanks to Sparkle taking some of the heat from Kayden with her own deficiencies and antics, Lel is able to get some breathing room. She uses the newfound leeway to strike up a friendship with Panki (who previously thought Lel didn't like her since she is half-Demon) and she finds new confidence through that relationship.
  • When Kayden is injured and out of it for a few days, Lel is suddenly free from any oppression at all. Without anyone telling her what to do, she revels in that freedom and embraces any opportunity to enjoy herself.
  • Eventually when Kayden returns to command, it's too late to stuff Lel back into the corner. She's friends (and potentially lovers) with Sparkle and Panki (who often stands up to Kayden) and she's having way too much fun playing pirate.

This doesn't take into account the possibility that Sparkle has become the looter, which only bolsters Lel's change in attitude now that she is a proper (equal) group member.

All that said, I know I didn't convey all of this in the story itself - and certainly not in the detail I outlined above. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this transition of character less abrupt please feel free to let me know. I'll also look through the story to see if I can hint at the changes and make them more gradual. Thanks!

Multiple personality disorder? It could be a fun idea to play with if Davie wanted to go down that route... :unsure::devilish:
I had considered that (and bipolar disorder) early on when fleshing out Lel's character but I decided against diagnosing any of the characters. I'm not qualified for that :)

qorl55

May 23, 2018
All that said, I know I didn't convey all of this in the story itself - and certainly not in the detail I outlined above. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this transition of character less abrupt please feel free to let me know. I'll also look through the story to see if I can hint at the changes and make them more gradual. Thanks!
Perhaps a supportive/emotional heart-to-heart between Sparkle and Lel where Sparkle asks her about where this change came from? Where she provides these additional details? Or at least a more detailed answer from Gab cuz her current answer isnt satisfactory. This wouldnt make it more gradual but at least provide context to justify it.

naurd

Dec 30, 2020
I like the abrupt Lel switch. Makes Sparkle feel alone and betrayed which heightens the sadistic elements of the reluctant free use path.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Odd that the exposition is delivered by people named Gab and Wendy (windy), isn't it?
I can't decide whether you were only being cheeky with the names or if there's some deeper meaning there. It's maddening! :sneaky:
Gab and jabber jaw, which wends through the reeds as Grendel in his marshes and fens, leading only ever deeper to darker, more dangerous devilry...

Gab and jabber jaw,
wending through the reeds
as Grendel in his marsh and fen,
to deeper, darker devilry...
Nice! I'm putting that one down in my notebook for my own story.

I had considered that (and bipolar disorder) early on when fleshing out Lel's character, but I decided against diagnosing any of the characters. I'm not qualified for that :)
Fair enough! Write what you know, eh?
Still! Even if she isn't clinically diagnosed with anything, I think it'd be cool if she realized she can now switch between shy sub and awkward nympho dommy mommy at will to play with Sparkle & co. :sneaky:
I think back to when she first appears in her catsuit, coyly jumping you without any pretext or expectation of returning the favor in the Goblin dungeons. That, for me, was one beautiful bookend on her spectrum. The other, perhaps, was when she was gushing about how she's going to be such a great owner, proving it by not making you give a literal troll a tongue bath and finding time to compliment your ass in the same breath.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make this transition less abrupt, please feel free to let me know.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so we see that Kayden's oppression is still present but is affecting her much less. I think even a little nudge such as Lel mentioning somewhere that 'I have you, and Wejit, and Panki as my sword buddies now... you are gonna be my sword buddy, right?' would go a long way in explaining that she feels comfortable being herself now that she has a support network within the group.

Last edited:

qorl55

May 23, 2018
The other, perhaps, was when she was gushing about how she's going to be such a great owner, proving it by not making you give a literal troll a tongue bath and finding time to compliment your ass in the same breath.
Yeah well she'd have been even better if she intervened before Sparkle go spunked on...

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah, well, she'd have been even better if she intervened before Sparkle got spunked on...
Think on the bright side: she was probably creating an excuse to clean Sparkle up later +/- help. :devilish: I bet Harmony would be into that... Who can polish Sparkle's spear/peach better? The first one to get her dirty again wins? Like Jenga, but worse, lol.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
...What exactly is this Panki-centric option to settle the docking fee?
Found it!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, I don't know if I've mentioned yet: Tonii is cute AF and the superior boi. Leigh has no chance, even before he became a [REDACTED]. Can we keep him? :LOL: Probably not. We can hardly abscond with an ambassador of the kingdom, can we...?

Last edited:

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Hi all, new update has just dropped. Enjoy when you get to play it!

Healslut 0.76e Release

From ProWritingAid:
"Most publishers consider novel length as between 50,000 and 110,000 words. The average length is about 90,000 words. Big, epic stories can be 120,000+ words."
The game contains 34,340 dialogue blocks, containing 331,297 words and 1,803,002 characters, for an average of 9.6 words and 53 characters per block.
There's like 3 books in this thing.
Anyway this won't seem like a very big update I'm afraid. A lot of work went into it but there's only about 20 minutes of new content altogether. I plan to sit down and really grind out some story for the next update. Maybe I can get us into tetralogy territory.
Thank you for supporting the development of this game. I appreciate you!
Changelog:
  • Kayden's free-use dinner scene is now completed (72 freakin renders for 2 images in the scene!)
  • Futa Sparkle can now choose to bottom for Harmony at the camp outside the Goblin village
  • Can now do sexytimes with Manster in Underwell regardless of having Harmony in the party
  • If in a relationship with Panki+/-Lel, Sparkle has opportunities to quit free use near the start of her duties
  • Can now attempt to smuggle the Pixie power regardless of having the Fairy Form spell
  • Tons of renders redone for lighting consistency and clarity (thanks writer's block!)
  • Altered the girl version of the "steamy" outfit to be without bra instead of without bottoms because boobs
  • Changed the ADU collar classic girl hair because I wanted to
  • Added "Lying with Lel" to Replay Scenes
  • Added some images to the starting questions screens
  • Added a bit more content to the "bumplug after sexytimes with Kayden" scene
  • Added subtle click sound when making choices to give them some weight
  • Fixed incorrect opening sound for the status screen
  • 80% "just" removed because of way too much "just"

dragonwing

Oct 4, 2017
One thing I noticed about Sparkle's Bimbo transformation: When I was playing as free Sparkle, Lel made a comment about looking for an antidote, because somebody would probably want her back to normal. When I was playing as Lel-owned Sparkle (which I would love to adopt as my head-canon), she did not make that comment. Does that mean Sparkle's transformation is only temporary on the free (and possibly the group-owned) path, while Lel intends to keep her that way if she's her property?

If so, that would make me reconsider the whole ownership issue. I'm fine with temporary Bimbo Sparkle. She is pretty hot after all. But permanent? I don't know. I adore Sparkle's "normal" personality way too much for that... Though on the other hand, I didn't get the opportunity to experience much of Sparkle's new Bimbo personality. Since I will never not play as free-use Sparkle, I didn't get to see the Roopah date scene (yet).

On an unrelated note, that new scene with Panki and the magister is brilliant. Really. The only unfortunate thing is that it probably won't happen in my timeline. I simply cannot abandon Harmony's sexytimes scene at the camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvbn28c
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes