Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think it's important to remind that this is taking place in a game (in-story), which is a very different thing than typical fantasy h-games. Social norms are different in games; I feel like everyone on this site would understand this. Get irritated at a friend in real-life and shoot them in the back of the head, and you ruin both lives; shoot their character in a FPS because they keep hitting you with friendly fire, or just because you are bored, and nobody even comments on it. Do I like Lydia as a follower in Skyrim? Yes. Have I fuz-ro-dahed her off cliffs a couple times to see how far she'd go? Yes. If she was played by an IRL friend? Even better.

All the characters in this game are aware they are characters, and/or there aren't even humans behind the characters. So the "flip-flopping" in such circumstances is less egregious than it would be if this was supposed to be real-life (even by h-game standards).

In fact, and I might be ahead of the developer here, but I see this game as an interesting little study about what happens when people are free to act without consequences. As more and more of our lives go virtual -- we're known by our resumes and social profiles, we meet our spouses through dating sites, we remember birthdays for 1000 people as if they were best friends because our phone pinged us, etc. -- the lies get bigger and the consequences get smaller. What happens once we can do anything to anyone, and have anything done to us, with the only consequences being the ones we imagine? I suspect I have many friends who would happily bend each other's avatars over tables for a way to kill five minutes.
Reminds me of this anecdote I heard about this USA redneck couple that went to a hospital because one of them shot the other. Because apparently every GSW injury a hospital receives is reported to the police, the interrogation went along he lines of:

Cop: "So why did you shoot your spouse?"
Shooter: "I was bored. There was nothing interesting on TV"
Cop: "So would you like to press charges?"
Spouse that got shot: "Nah, there really wasn't anything good on TV. I was bored too"

Tad Cooper

Feb 16, 2018
All the characters in this game are aware they are characters, and/or there aren't even humans behind the characters. So the "flip-flopping" in such circumstances is less egregious than it would be if this was supposed to be real-life (even by h-game standards).
I'm sorry, what? Where did you get that impression? The main plot here is that a game company is literally tapping an alternate universe for their MMO. Anybody who isn't a player or GM has no idea this is what's happening: they are are the real people native to that universe. They believe they're in a real place because it is real. They're not just NPCs. Did you somehow miss all that?

I suspect I have many friends who would happily bend each other's avatars over tables for a way to kill five minutes.
The VR rig is total immersion with all five senses. That's established immediately when Sparkle logs in and means that every action has more significant consequences than any game we have now. I wouldn't shoot my buddy in the face if dying involved actual pain, and I sure as shit wouldn't force them to be some sort of cum dump as part of their "duties". That's fucking crazy.

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
I'm sorry, what? Where did you get that impression? The main plot here is that a game company is literally tapping an alternate universe for their MMO. Anybody who isn't a player or GM has no idea this is what's happening: they are are the real people native to that universe. They believe they're in a real place because it is real. They're not just NPCs. Did you somehow miss all that?
Wow I had no idea till you said that, I thought they were just very smart AI. Here I was thinking Kaden was programmed to be awful.

Reactions: 0Jg6@^$WYe

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
I think it's important to remind that this is taking place in a game (in-story), which is a very different thing than typical fantasy h-games. Social norms are different in games; I feel like everyone on this site would understand this. Get irritated at a friend in real-life and shoot them in the back of the head, and you ruin both lives; shoot their character in a FPS because they keep hitting you with friendly fire, or just because you are bored, and nobody even comments on it. Do I like Lydia as a follower in Skyrim? Yes. Have I fuz-ro-dahed her off cliffs a couple times to see how far she'd go? Yes. If she was played by an IRL friend? Even better.

In fact, and I might be ahead of the developer here, but I see this game as an interesting little study about what happens when people are free to act without consequences. As more and more of our lives go virtual -- we're known by our resumes and social profiles, we meet our spouses through dating sites, we remember birthdays for 1000 people as if they were best friends because our phone pinged us, etc. -- the lies get bigger and the consequences get smaller. What happens once we can do anything to anyone, and have anything done to us, with the only consequences being the ones we imagine? I suspect I have many friends who would happily bend each other's avatars over tables for a way to kill five minutes.
Friendo did you play this game? No one in this game is an NPC. They are real people, that's the whole point of the game.

HideyoshiMonkey

Mar 16, 2020
"Gamer". In the game's story the developers are somehow hacking into an alternative reality where the people there are living breathing people and just- happen to share video game tropes, loot boxes, trainers etc with your standard fantasy mmo. In the pictured context Gab is saying that there's another person in the player's existence that is also a 'Gamer', a person being projected into the world artificially.

There's... a few minor plot holes because of this of course, but on the whole in the last few updates it's been consistent.

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah, i re-read some of the previous posts, HideyoshiMonkey and Meles and i was missing the point being made. I was making the distinction between a Player ("gamer") and a Non-Player Character, which is still somewhat valid, but they're more of a Non-Player Entity in the Healslut universe, really. It's an MMO in an alternative universe, no one is a character. So you're right, disregard my previous post please.

geordie

Oct 16, 2017
Yes, it's publin on Pathreon

PC/LINUX:

MAC:

Android:

Android, Older:

Android, Chromebook/Simulator:

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
1 thing I hope to see in the future which I hope isnt empty foreshadowing.
Is the M.C. (futa) dominate Roopah , there is Dialog that says I think I can take you now.

To Meles.
It is true that if you start over fresh you get to guess whom is the other person and you only get 1 shot at it.
HOWEVER.... They may not be the only one.
One person other saying GTFO.
Two ways to look at this
1.) said person talked about the other world
2.) not the only person in there

Also they reference the leader by a different name. When you call them on it, they say you heard them wrong.

Maybe what were told isnt accurate.

treetoto

Jul 29, 2017
Hello, I haven't pickid this up since about 0.2c so i just want to ask a few things.
I think i saw in one of the changelogs that there are routes?
are there many? and do they change the overall game alot?
(Like is it I have sex with this character but the story is mostly the same or this character is now dead and the story changes forever)

if there many many routes is there one with more content than the others
Follow up questions may ensue

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Hello, I haven't pickid this up since about 0.2c so i just want to ask a few things.
I think i saw in one of the changelogs that there are routes?
are there many? and do they change the overall game alot?
(Like is it I have sex with this character but the story is mostly the same or this character is now dead and the story changes forever)

if there many many routes is there one with more content than the others
Follow up questions may ensue
Your character can begin the game as male or female now.

At a certain point the players avatar can choose to remain female, change into a boi (like Leigh) or a futa.

Each of those three can enter into the lootpuppy role previously held by Lel or try to retain some semblence of dignity.

The ability to switch between the 3 roles has been added to the menu so you can roll back and watch the alternate versions or just have multiple saves.

There are story consequences to killing off characters but due to multiple branches that each have to be rendered with multiple versions of Sparkle it's still at an early stage.

There's plenty more but that should give you an idea

Reactions: HenWen

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
I usually pick this up again after a few updates and I'm still impressed with the game... And this time, some very clever programming! I actually got chills, thinking I was in a permachoice situation.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes