Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Another sci-fi/space opera visual novel to add to my list along side . I like that it's a choice-based visual novel, not a sandbox and stats & money grinding game. Too many sandbox/grinding games lately or visual novels that were originally choice-based, but later turned into a sandbox/free-roaming game. A problem is the map movement part, if you don't go in a certain order talking to the girls & looking around the ship, the main story automatically starts back in the flight deck even if you didn't talk to Annie or Sarah yet. Or that you might miss scenes like Annie's cup & invite if you don't talk to her first before the others. The small talk with Sarah seems to repeats itself if you talk to her again even after you accept her invite. Will Chris route be femdom-only or will there other routes with her that develop later on? When i see Annie's model i think of Alina (from ), but Annie has a taller look & more matured body than Alina.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks.

Aye, the room movement problems in this chapter are a legacy from what once was a much more complex system in place that, after I changed my mind and got rid of it, thought with some tweaking would still work. However it is causing some glitches so I'll strip it out and replace it with something more simpler when I hit the bug trail at the weekend. I'd do it now but to be honest I only want to revisit chapter one for fixes once so I'll see if any other oddities crop up first and do it all in one go. As to Chris, good question! There is a -much- different route the MC can go with her from about Chapter three but it won't be an easy route at all. I don't want to say too much however at this stage. I trust you understand.

Oh and I promise. No grinding. Ever. Well not of the non-sexual kind at any rate :)

And me? Making in-jokes? From the person who brought you "Bored Pilot" magazine... ;)

Of course it is! And I'm willing to bet that her cannon being named "Eric" is a reference to another game in which we all suffered terribly. :ROFLMAO:
But if you meet Eric in my game the game is ruined and.......;)

Right back to rendering!

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Nice to see your game getting some traction.

I'm like a lot of people who think Chris is top pick out of the current ladies. Also like many I get a major Vasquez vibe off her. Who was my favorite next to ripley in that movie.
Also

Excelsior

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Nice to see your game getting some traction.

I'm like a lot of people who think Chris is top pick out of the current ladies. Also like many I get a major Vasquez vibe off her. Who was my favorite next to ripley in that movie.
Also

Excelsior
Thanks. I confess to being relieved that it's largely gone down well!

Aye, Chris does seem rather popular - and I won't lie she is a lot of fun to write :) Certainly I think Vasquez was sat on my shoulder when I was writing her. Gah, this is where I -so- want to mention a scene later down the line but I'll be good and keep it to myself else I just end up spoiling my own game!

Reactions: quinfax
Nov 27, 2017
Well, I definitely need a guide, because I have no idea how to spar with Chris, nor have a drink with Annie nor blackmail the blond. Plus a few more here and there.

I managed to get the VR "date" with the blond.
I managed to get extra info on the lady we have yet to meet
I managed to get Chris to want to "train" me.
And I think that's about it. XD

Also, I know that you said that you're a solo developer for now, but if you're doing an option's based game, you definitely need someone to do the guide in the near future, because as you said. It's going to be difficult to keep track of all the different options sooner or later. Especially when it's not as easy to get what you want (at least not to me) as it is in Ptolemy's Intimate Relations game, which is amazing! As your game has the potential to be as good as that or NEO X CITY'S Revolt game, but it will not be easy as they have very good development.

And I seriously hope that you managed to get the visual novel done the way you want it and that it meets your high standards as well as your audience! :)

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Well, I definitely need a guide, because I have no idea how to spar with Chris, nor have a drink with Annie nor blackmail the blond. Plus a few more here and there.

I managed to get the VR "date" with the blond.
I managed to get extra info on the lady we have yet to meet
I managed to get Chris to want to "train" me.
And I think that's about it. XD

Also, I know that you said that you're a solo developer for now, but if you're doing an option's based game, you definitely need someone to do the guide in the near future, because as you said. It's going to be difficult to keep track of all the different options sooner or later. Especially when it's not as easy to get what you want (at least not to me) as it is in Ptolemy's Intimate Relations game, which is amazing! As your game has the potential to be as good as that or NEO X CITY'S Revolt game, but it will not be easy as they have very good development.

And I seriously hope that you managed to get the visual novel done the way you want it and that it meets your high standards as well as your audience! :)
Read the bios of all characters, click on the pink magazine, talk to Annie in engineer room first and you shouldn't have a hard time getting all plotlines.

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Okay... I have a few things to say, here. In the interests of avoiding a wall of text, I will attempt to enclose things in spoilers, so that you can read what you want to read :)

Firstly, I've played Chapter One to the end, once, recently. The Dev has a fourth-wall-breaking section at both the beginning and the end of the chapter; the first serves as a (skippable) tutorial and establishes a rapport with the player, and the second serves as an achievement list of what you did and did not manage to find in the content. I opened all but one pathway in that list and, based on other posts here, that was because I made another choice instead. There is a walkthrough in this forum somewhere, but I haven't looked at it yet. This means that the game held my attention long enough to clear it - I spent about an hour - and that I've seen/read the majority of the content.

I do not normally respond on this board. I am indolent by nature; my approval rarely gets any further than the inside of my head. Heavy Five caused me to come back here, look it up, find and click the Like button on the main post and then look around for another way to express my enthusiastic endorsement. I saw and clicked the star rating at the top-right; what I have seen so far easily deserves 5 stars, so that's what I gave it. However, rating it popped up the opportunity to leave a review! I did not, and still do not, know whether it is possible to leave a rating without a review, but (imho) both the game and the Dev most certainly deserve my feedback, so I wrote one. I did *not*, in my enthusiasm, read the review guidelines - which I was warned to do - and so the review was quite rightfully taken down and myself issued with a warning. My bad. For those interested, my initial review is in this spoiler:

The (quite legitimate) removal of that means that my original intention was thwarted, and that the Dev no longer has my public praise, so I made the effort (again! unprecedented!) to come up with a permissible review... and failed. I mean, I sat here trying to decide what to write, but pretty much every sentence I came up with could potentially violate the review guidelines as being irrelevant - enough of those, and I wouldn't even meet the minimum character requirement - and I have very little intention of being kicked off of these forums. About the best that I could do was to drily list my rating in each of the suggested categories, which in no way expresses the enjoyment I experienced, nor the need in me to enthuse about it. My technical review is in this spoiler:

What did this leave me? Well, this post. Where it will probably not get seen by those people who check the first couple of pages for initial impression, or those people who come late to the party and check the last pages to see if there are updates/bugfixes/outstanding issues - again, pretty much thwarting my intention. Since we're already approaching wall-of-text status, what I will do here is urge anyone who has read this far to try the game!

I do not want to spoil any of it, so I shan't, but it's solid. Self-consistent. Given the setting, believable. Intriguing. The characters are distinct; at least one of them should offer something that you want, as a player, and as a main character you are free to define yourself - with more freedom promised later in the polishing stages of the game. The choices make a difference. The exploration you do makes a difference. There are no dead-ends; you may miss one path, but that just means you experience the content on the path you have picked. Essentially, Heavy Five has been crafted to take full advantage of the options available to a visual novel; it is, in fact, *exactly* what I want to see when I play this kind of game. So... try it!

<TL;DR> The Dev knows how to write. The Dev knows how to render. The Dev has planned everything solidly and, I believe, will deliver.

P.S. I do not know the Dev, and am in no way affiliated with them!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Okay... I have a few things to say, here. In the interests of avoiding a wall of text, I will attempt to enclose things in spoilers, so that you can read what you want to read :)

Firstly, I've played Chapter One to the end, once, recently. The Dev has a fourth-wall-breaking section at both the beginning and the end of the chapter; the first serves as a (skippable) tutorial and establishes a rapport with the player, and the second serves as an achievement list of what you did and did not manage to find in the content. I opened all but one pathway in that list and, based on other posts here, that was because I made another choice instead. There is a walkthrough in this forum somewhere, but I haven't looked at it yet. This means that the game held my attention long enough to clear it - I spent about an hour - and that I've seen/read the majority of the content.

I do not normally respond on this board. I am indolent by nature; my approval rarely gets any further than the inside of my head. Heavy Five caused me to come back here, look it up, find and click the Like button on the main post and then look around for another way to express my enthusiastic endorsement. I saw and clicked the star rating at the top-right; what I have seen so far easily deserves 5 stars, so that's what I gave it. However, rating it popped up the opportunity to leave a review! I did not, and still do not, know whether it is possible to leave a rating without a review, but (imho) both the game and the Dev most certainly deserve my feedback, so I wrote one. I did *not*, in my enthusiasm, read the review guidelines - which I was warned to do - and so the review was quite rightfully taken down and myself issued with a warning. My bad. For those interested, my initial review is in this spoiler:

The (quite legitimate) removal of that means that my original intention was thwarted, and that the Dev no longer has my public praise, so I made the effort (again! unprecedented!) to come up with a permissible review... and failed. I mean, I sat here trying to decide what to write, but pretty much every sentence I came up with could potentially violate the review guidelines as being irrelevant - enough of those, and I wouldn't even meet the minimum character requirement - and I have very little intention of being kicked off of these forums. About the best that I could do was to drily list my rating in each of the suggested categories, which in no way expresses the enjoyment I experienced, nor the need in me to enthuse about it. My technical review is in this spoiler:

What did this leave me? Well, this post. Where it will probably not get seen by those people who check the first couple of pages for initial impression, or those people who come late to the party and check the last pages to see if there are updates/bugfixes/outstanding issues - again, pretty much thwarting my intention. Since we're already approaching wall-of-text status, what I will do here is urge anyone who has read this far to try the game!

I do not want to spoil any of it, so I shan't, but it's solid. Self-consistent. Given the setting, believable. Intriguing. The characters are distinct; at least one of them should offer something that you want, as a player, and as a main character you are free to define yourself - with more freedom promised later in the polishing stages of the game. The choices make a difference. The exploration you do makes a difference. There are no dead-ends; you may miss one path, but that just means you experience the content on the path you have picked. Essentially, Heavy Five has been crafted to take full advantage of the options available to a visual novel; it is, in fact, *exactly* what I want to see when I play this kind of game. So... try it!

<TL;DR> The Dev knows how to write. The Dev knows how to render. The Dev has planned everything solidly and, I believe, will deliver.

P.S. I do not know the Dev, and am in no way affiliated with them!
Sweet Jesus....

I have no idea how to respond to that. I am in turn flattered, stunned, grateful...

I can only thank you hugely. Not only for your feedback but for the efforts you made to leave it. I am humbled. Totally.

Reactions: Me666 and quinfax

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I found a bug in the VN, as you know I like the tutorial, and whenever it ends, it goes back to its begining. The only way to stop the loop is to close the program, I also noticed that the PgUp key is less responsive

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I found a bug in the VN, as you know I like the tutorial, and whenever it ends, it goes back to its begining. The only way to stop the loop is to close the program, I also noticed that the PgUp key is less responsive
Thanks for letting me know. Is this when playing through a second time?

Bobag

May 25, 2018
I believe I found another bug. if you click on any of the empty lockers barring your own, the game ends up going back to the main menu.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I believe I found another bug. if you click on any of the empty lockers barring your own, the game ends up going back to the main menu.
Thank you - and sorry about that. Added to the list for the bugfix release. Hope it didn't spoil you enjoying the game.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Man for a first release, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. This game is stellar (hah!) compared to some of the pieces of shit that grace the Updates page.
*laughs* You've been spending too much time with Sarah with jokes like that :)

But thanks :)

I'm totally kicking myself as I introduced all the sodding bugs at the last minute in trying to simplify things *rolls eyes at herself*. Still, with the mechanisms in place and settled now at least future releases shouldn't have this problem. Thankfully none are terrible and most people don't seem to have encountered them, but it's still vexing. Oh well!

Reactions: RoadWulf

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Maybe you have a like a random time on a sound machine playing behind you where every once in a while a whip cracks it'll keep you in line. Just a thought. ^_^

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes