quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Have you ever thought about putting in hidden collectables. Like in some games where you can unlock unique pictures of the characters that would never appear in the game.

Or maybe have some comedic clickables. Gives you a chance for some 4th wall breaking or just humorous observations.

None of these are that important since they create extra work. More of me just throwing stuff out there.

Excelsior

Reactions: Nottravis

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
Hi @Nottravis , really enjoyed playing the game! I loved the whole "Mission Info" and the regular information tab. The attention to detail is really amazing, for example the take off sequence. It really shows that you're a developer who knows your thing. Inneundos were funny, and god the renders for the planets in the info tab!
Eagerly waiting to see where this story takes us :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
What I found surprising
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have you ever thought about putting in hidden collectables. Like in some games where you can unlock unique pictures of the characters that would never appear in the game.

Or maybe have some comedic clickables. Gives you a chance for some 4th wall breaking or just humorous observations.

None of these are that important since they create extra work. More of me just throwing stuff out there.

Excelsior
Oddly enough I was chatting to a patreon about this very thing last night - and he had a cracking idea! However, I have to be very careful not to lace the game with too much humour or hidden bits. For a start, the player may well be going down a dark path with his character (and trust me it can get rather dark if the player so chooses) and I don't want things to break their immersion. So extra content is on the agenda - I just have to be careful how I do it. I think maybe things like "Bored Pilot" or being nice with Sarah are good examples (weeeelll, I think so!). A flight deck made "lads mag" would read a bit like that and allows me to get a bit silly and introduce humour and yet, since mags are like that, doesn't or shouldn't break the immersion. Again, like if you go down the good path with Sarah. She's obviously a fan of silly jokes and innuendo, and so I can bring some attempts at humour in there without it being false - because that's how Sarah is.

But! Do feel free to throw ideas my way!

Hi @Nottravis , really enjoyed playing the game! I loved the whole "Mission Info" and the regular information tab. The attention to detail is really amazing, for example the take off sequence. It really shows that you're a developer who knows your thing. Inneundos were funny, and god the renders for the planets in the info tab!
Eagerly waiting to see where this story takes us :)
Thank you so very- much! :)

I'm so glad you noticed so much. I'l be honest, I did occasionally wonder whether anyone would even bother checking half the stuff! But there is a ton of detail in this little thing of mine, even down to the science being as correct as it can be. (Not that players have to care about that sort of thing of course, but for those that do, I wanted to get it right.) Those planetary details would actually work! I even went to the extreme, not that it's visible at the moment, of giving the "I" classes their own badges and ships mottos (it can barely be seen on the "I" class info page and on the patches the jackets the girls are wearing on the loading page) but it helped me immerse myself into this little world I'm making.

I just wanted the player to be able to "believe" as much as possible y'know? :)

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Spoiler: I can understand that totally but...
Oh, I'm not criticizing the idea, on the contrary I think it's one of the things that make the game more original and in fact it was quite realistic as IRL our choices don't always lead to the goal we're trying to obtain. This imo adds to game's replayability (as a matter of fact it's the first erogame that I'm playing running two saves as previously I was always content with one route that I usually could easily obtain [on the other hand I don't play a lot so my knowledge about the genre is heavily limited]).

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Oh, I'm not criticizing the idea, on the contrary I think it's one the things that make the game more original and in fact it was quite realistic as IRL our choices don't always lead to the goal we're trying to obtain. This imo adds to game's replayability (as a matter of fact it's the first erogame that I'm playing running two saves as previously I was always content with one route that I usually could easily obtain [on the other hand I don't play a lot so my knowledge about the genre is heavily limited]).
You don't know how happy that just made me! THAT is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Realism and replayability.

Also that you don't play a lot - and yet chose to spend your time in my world, honours me somewhat. Thank you.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Solid writing and characters, didn't feel the urge to keep my finger on Ctrl. A little disappointed that they're landing so soon, would've liked some more space shenanigans. But I guess the base is where the main story happens.

Getting a few glitches with the UI, like black boxes covering the click areas, and covering the character screens as well. Probably some disagreement with the game and my system.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Excellent intro. Got me interested in the story more so than the potential fap material. That particular event happens rarely with the adult VN genre so it is definitely a complement, one worthy of Paetronage in fact. Full speed ahead sir!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Solid writing and characters, didn't feel the urge to keep my finger on Ctrl. A little disappointed that they're landing so soon, would've liked some more space shenanigans. But I guess the base is where the main story happens.
Thank you :) And yep, you're right. The main story all happens on the base and the planet, this was really just a quick introduction to the concept and three of the characters. The base and planet give me so much more in terms of options. That, of course, doesn't mean we're not going back to the black later...

Getting a few glitches with the UI, like black boxes covering the click areas, and covering the character screens as well. Probably some disagreement with the game and my system.
Can I ask if you're using the crunched version or not? I know someone else mentioned the crunched version did this. As an aside I've been learning a lot more on how to shrink my files so hopefully we won't get any more 800mg monsters.

Excellent intro. Got me interested in the story more so than the potential fap material. That particular event happens rarely with the adult VN genre so it is definitely a complement, one worthy of Paetronage in fact. Full speed ahead sir!
Thank you -so- very much, both for the kind words and indeed the patronage.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Can I ask if you're using the crunched version or not? I know someone else mentioned the crunched version did this. As an aside I've been learning a lot more on how to shrink my files so hopefully we won't get any more 800mg monsters.
Guilty. Twas the compressed one.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Righties, bug attack time and update day then!

I spent the weekend taking a little break away from Chapter One other than for some compression tests but now time to do the fixes. However, the weekend wasn't ill spent. I had a lot of fun redesigning the interior of some of the science station rooms with a couple of new assets I bought - and I have to say it looks a -lot- better. I'll be updating the patreon page with some previews of that shortly.

But, I also tweaked the character designs for two of the characters we meet later which I thought I'd share with you. The models work a lot better than some of the earlier tests and I'm rather pleased with them - but then again I would be, no? Thoughts?

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018

I spent the weekend taking a little break away from Chapter One other than for some compression tests but now time to do the fixes. However, the weekend wasn't ill spent. I had a lot of fun redesigning the interior of some of the science station rooms with a couple of new assets I bought - and I have to say it looks a -lot- better. I'll be updating the patreon page with some previews of that shortly.

But, I also tweaked the character designs for two of the characters we meet later which I thought I'd share with you. The models work a lot better than some of the earlier tests and I'm rather pleased with them - but then again I would be, no? Thoughts?
The new models look good. Nice to see some chocolate in my vanilla. :p

Man you can just see the daggers being thrown at each other. Will this end up like an episode of The Office?

Excelsior

P.S. Badges look like something from NASA. I assume was intentional. Nice touch

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Thanks, well I do like to give the players some variety :)

Man you can just see the daggers being thrown at each other. Will this end up like an episode of The Office?
Well, I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling anything. I suppose like every plot line in game it depends on what the player does? ;)

Although looking at my script points I do wonder if some of it is redundant. I mean I have this whole section where the MC tries to exploit Trisha's unhappiness with her husband. But I find it hard to believe anyone would ever go down that path....:p

P.S. Badges look like something from NASA. I assume was intentional. Nice touch
Thanks. :) Totally what I was going for. I do like customising assets to add the little details. I know a lot of people might never notice, but I do think it adds to the overall atmosphere y'know. It's like when you'll see the girls in their flight jackets close up. They've all got their badges of rank and names on. Small things, I know but I just think it makes it better.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018

Hilarious! :D

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

They're living the dream. Looking forward to some friendly games of bridge with the happy couple.:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Last bit of prattle from me for a bit, but as I was waiting for something to process I whomped up a few fan signatures for anyone who would like one. (I know, I know...-hugely- presumptuous of me but you never know. One of you might like one! And it's a bugger to get spotted on here with the number of games sometimes).

A link to the page holding them below in my sig, but they look like this...

anniesig.png chrissig.png sarahsig.png

Righties, back to proper stuff! Laters!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes