Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'm surprised it took...what, 10 hours to render? I expected a whole day. Still a lot of time tho.
Oh it's a chunk of time for sure. But for comparison when I first started out, overnight would give me eight renders. Before the remaster and reskinning, overnight gave me maybe ten renders of the lounge even with the new card...

The remaster has vastly increased render production time by better surfacing and lighting. I hadn't appreciated how much difference it could make having focused on things like the asset size previously. But changing the surfaces has not only made it look better but knocked the number of iterations needed for most scenes by at least half and in some cases even more.

Surfaces. Make them your bitch *nods sagely*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh it's a chunk of time for sure. But for comparison when I first started out, overnight would give me eight renders. Before the remaster and reskinning, overnight gave me maybe ten renders of the lounge even with the new card...

The remaster has vastly increased render production time by better surfacing and lighting. I hadn't appreciated how much difference it could make having focused on things like the asset size previously. But changing the surfaces has not only made it look better but knocked the number of iterations needed for most scenes by at least half and in some cases even more.

Surfaces. Make them your bitch *nods sagely*
Stop defying the laws of rendering!:D

Not sure if those asset makers are bad or if you're that good (actually of this I'm sure), but I'm happy it's working out for you.:)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Lastnames? I thought the aim was to make up full names, like:
Mr Biggun, first name Ivor.
Mr McCracken, first name Philip
Mr Hunt, first name Mike (has to be said at speed for proper affect)
Mr Lo, first name Hung
Welcome to the Thread Jaun:) Would Hughe Massiveschlong work for you? Affraid that Huity claimed that lastname for Pepito though:p

Animation test news

I've done one. At 754kb. Seven hundred and fifty four KB!

It's purely a test run of course but...I made this overnight. I would welcome your views on the video quality level (please ignore general posing for the mo as this was just a test run)

Downloaded and perving:p On a more serious note, tried it on two players and the animation looks great, even when tear your eyes away from the heaving part. The way she opens her eyes looks great and makes her even cuter to be honest. Now just promise you will notremaster the whole game with animations till end. :p pinky promise? (yes I know I wrote it as one word ;) ).

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Stop defying the laws of rendering!:D Not sure if those asset makers are bad or if you're that good (actually of this I'm sure), but I'm happy it's working out for you.:)
*laughs*

It's largely down to the assets. They fall into one of two camps.

New assets, where the maker assumes you have the same powerful rig as they have, and so add in all sorts of stuff which eats iterations; or old assets which were made for 3delight and so throw a fit when you convert them to IRAY and give you all sorts of wastage problems as the conversion does it's best.

Sarah's room is a case in point. An old 3delight asset that just would not render at all under two hours. For Three I had to take off the roof, any wall not in sight, use three point lights and it would still take an hour. Now? resurfaced? About 14 minutes with no additional lighting other than the room and with the room complete. Hell, I can even afford to leave the corridor in out of laziness.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Welcome to the Thread Jaun:) Would Hughe Massiveschlong work for you? Affraid thaat Huity claimed that lastname for Pepito though:p

Downloaded and perving:p On a more serious note, tried it on two players and the animation looks great, even when tear your eyes away from the heaving part. The way she opens her eyes looks great and makes her even cuter to be honest. Now just promise you will notremaster the whole game with animations till end. :p pinky promise? (yes I know I wrote it as one word ;) ).
*promises...*

But thanks. Useful to know it works consistently :)

I might add an opening ani to One and replace -that- scene in Two. Other than that I'll probs not add any more until Four and then.....

tenor.gif

Four could benefit. A lot. Sarah, Trisha, Gloria, Babe, Bobe......

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
*laughs*

New assets, where the maker assumes you have the same powerful rig as they have, and so add in all sorts of stuff which eats iterations; or old assets which were made for 3delight and so throw a fit when you convert them to IRAY and give you all sorts of wastage problems as the conversion does it's best.

Sarah's room is a case in point. An old 3delight asset that just would not render at all under two hours. For Three I had to take off the roof, any wall not in sight, use three point lights and it would still take an hour. Now? resurfaced? About 14 minutes with no additional lighting other than the room and with the room complete. Hell, I can even afford to leave the corridor in out of laziness.
Besides you may have removed that page with the girl with the hat, but that was confirmed months and months ago. Releasing chapters 1 and 2 on your old card. (Not even talking about the glares, cackles, ceiling-Beccas and other unwholesome sounds of cracking Jaffa cakes we might hear occasionally. :p)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*laughs*

You got them skillz! :D

Great points, I'll defo keep the surfaces in mind for the future.:)

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Animation test news

I've done one. At 754kb. Seven hundred and fifty four KB!

It's purely a test run of course but...I made this overnight. I would welcome your views on the video quality level (please ignore general posing for the mo as this was just a test run)

Not sure what happened the first time I tried, but I'll try to say this again.

At this rate, I truly believe there is nothing you can't do when it comes to building and improving on this game. I'm just blown away by every new feature you show us, even in tests.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
*promises...*

But thanks. Useful to know it works consistently :)

I might add an opening ani to One and replace -that- scene in Two. Other than that I'll probs not add any more until Four and then.....

View attachment 422661

Four could benefit. A lot. Sarah, Trisha, Gloria, Babe, Bobe......
Yup, will just leave it at that with a :love: , but do keep an eye on your schedule. :ROFLMAO:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Not sure what happened the first time I tried, but I'll try to say this again.

At this rate, I truly believe there is nothing you can't do when it comes to building and improving on this game. I'm just blown away by every new feature you show us, even in tests.
Thanks. :) I think we both got modded as mine went too. But I appreciate the feedback. It's really useful for me to run tests like this past you guys as this is my largest player base and, collectively, you have more experience of what makes a good game visually than I have.

With a new rig perhaps?:sneaky:
A new rig running side by side to make the animations I think is now defo in the frame. It was one of the reasons I wanted to run an animation test tbh. If the test stands up quality wise then.... I think we might be now at a different level of game entirely.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Thanks. :) I think we both got modded as mine went too. But I appreciate the feedback.
You're welcome. Just that short of a clip is enough to ratchet up the anticipation, and it looks so good. Especially compared to other games, the animation is so natural. Excellent job.
A new rig running side by side to make the animations I think is now defo in the frame. It was one of the reasons I wanted to run an animation test tbh. If the test stands up quality wise then.... I think we might be now at a different level of game entirely.
I don't think I can overstate how exciting this prospect is. When (not "if", because I'm confident you can do it) this happens, I'll be on the edge of my seat, ready to experience it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well, I wouldn't overestimate animations too much, but with another rig you could certainly produce them effectively for all the benefits they add without sloooowing down everything else.:)

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You're welcome. Just that short of a clip is enough to ratchet up the anticipation, and it looks so good. Especially compared to other games, the animation is so natural. Excellent job.

I don't think I can overstate how exciting this prospect is. When (not "if", because I'm confident you can do it) this happens, I'll be on the edge of my seat, ready to experience it.
Agreed on the naturalness of the animation, that is why I especially mentioned the eyes. If new rig is closer as expected that would be great news, since I for one am pretty sure, knowing Notty a little by now, she will not be able to resist adding animations. :p Besides who would not want a spanking animation with Annie in game, even if chapter 2 might be to early. :ROFLMAO:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, I wouldn't overestimate animations too much, but with another rig you could certainly produce them effectively for all the benefits they add without sloooowing down everything else.:)
Well animations can add another dimension to a game, bit surprising maybe but as Philly showed in COBD the impact is often even bigger outside of the sex scenes as such and more in introducing or moving characters.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well animations can add another dimension to a game, bit surprising maybe but as Philly showed in COBD the impact is often even bigger outside of the sex scenes as such and more in introducing or moving characters.
Philly is the best in that of course, but 95% animations from other devs add nothing to me. It often looks so bad that it actually makes the scenes worse. IMO, this is something you NEED good equipment to do well.:)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes