DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Philly is the best in that of course, but 95% animations from other devs add nothing to me. It often looks so bad that it actually makes the scenes worse. IMO, this is something you NEED good equipment to do well.:)
Good equipment helps, but it also has to do with having the eye and knowing in advance what extra impact you want the animation to make over a still shot. Those last two things do make Philly special indeed.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Believe it or not, the eyes were actually my favorite part. Sacrilige as it may be, considering TITS, I really was drawn to the eyes, and like you said, just how natural they make it feel, it's pretty damn cool that in such a short clip, it can feel almost real.
I agree, they were my fave part of the animation as well,since that is what made her come alive, not the heaving bits.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

I know it may be hard for ye, but please keep discussions in this thread on the topic of Heavy Five. Warnings and threadbans otherwise.

Info: There's a cleaning process ongoing on this thread, so don't be shocked if your off-topic posts get deleted.
Sorry Spectr3 . My fault entirely - not the guys. I get far too excited at showing off a lot of the development stuff, answering stuff and getting far too chatty etc.

I'll hush.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sorry Spectr3 . My fault entirely - not the guys. I get far too excited at showing off a lot of the development stuff, answering stuff and getting far too chatty etc.

I'll hush.
Actually those are all game related so no need to apologize according to me. Some Mods do seem to prefer very technical threads which works for some games that are coded badly or have an story that does not flow naturally.

For a game as this these do not work and would make a thread like this death and abandoned. Had this discussion before on the Love and Submission thread and unfortunately my prediction came true I saw when came back after a few months.

And no discord or any other messenger program is not a substitute for a thread like this.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Actually those are all game related so no need to apologize according to me. Some Mods do seem to prefer very technical threads which works for some games that are coded badly or have an story that does not flow naturally.

For a game as this these do not work and would make a thread like this death and abandoned. Had this discussion before on the Love and Submission thread and unfortunately my prediction came true I saw when came back after a few months.
To be fair, it does go off topic sometimes, let's not go black and white...

It's not Notty's fault when it does though.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
To be fair, it does go off topic sometimes, let's not go black and white...

It's not Notty's fault when it does though.
The going off topic is part of this thread, why it is alive, joyful, inclusive, non-toxic and friendly as much as our appreciation of the game and the discussions about technical aspects, story lines, its origins of which ME is one even if some people overdo it :ROFLMAO: and our love for games like that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Animation test news

I've done one. At 754kb. Seven hundred and fifty four KB!

It's purely a test run of course but...I made this overnight. I would welcome your views on the video quality level (please ignore general posing for the mo as this was just a test run)

For a first test, that was amazing!
*laughs*

It's largely down to the assets. They fall into one of two camps.

New assets, where the maker assumes you have the same powerful rig as they have, and so add in all sorts of stuff which eats iterations; or old assets which were made for 3delight and so throw a fit when you convert them to IRAY and give you all sorts of wastage problems as the conversion does it's best.

Sarah's room is a case in point. An old 3delight asset that just would not render at all under two hours. For Three I had to take off the roof, any wall not in sight, use three point lights and it would still take an hour. Now? resurfaced? About 14 minutes with no additional lighting other than the room and with the room complete. Hell, I can even afford to leave the corridor in out of laziness.
Yeah, 3Delight assets don't work well in iRay at all, they are also a bitch to light.
I might have to do a lot of making new rooms.
But thanks. Useful to know it works consistently :)
getting a smooth loop can be a challenge, but you are well on your way.

I'll hush.
No, those are entirely on topic, it's the ME stuff and whatnot I assume.

...though the origins factor and how other games relate to it, notwithstanding.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Animation test news

It's purely a test run of course but...I made this overnight. I would welcome your views on the video quality level (please ignore general posing for the mo as this was just a test run)

For a test run, it is quite good... 150 renders overnight + 1h editing, good work!
Nothing to report otherwise that the quality is really fine especially for a 754kb 1080p video, the test is successful imo.

Edit: With VLC, the last frame is black so running it into a loop... there is a little difficulty.;)

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Animation test news

I would say that's a resounding success! :)
Oh there's music - and sound effects :)

But no, not made by myself *has limits?*
Yet... not made by yourself, yet! I have no doubt that you'll start with sound effects made by yourself soon enough, maybe not for H5, but soon. ;)
It's a risk I'm willing to take. ;)

Oh!

I could animate the Intrepid moving across the scene like in Star Wars or Red Dwarf!
:eek::love::eek: Red Dwarf is one of my favourites!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

I know it may be hard for ye, but please keep discussions in this thread on the topic of Heavy Five. Warnings and threadbans otherwise.

Info: There's a cleaning process ongoing on this thread, so don't be shocked if your off-topic posts get deleted.
Well, while I can understand that we may sometimes go off-trail, I don't think it really wise to "censor" one of the few threads in this forum when everyone is mostly a jolly good fellow and we have funny banters about the game and the dev.

Is it really worse than all these "update when" and "dev's scam" thread?

Also, my compliment rap has been deleted, and that makes me sad :(

nazi-Germany.gif

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Well, while I can understand that we may sometimes go off-trail, I don't think it really wise to "censor" one of the few threads in this forum when everyone is mostly a jolly good fellow and we have funny banters about the game and the dev.

Is it really worse than all these "update when" and "dev's scam" thread?

Also, my compliment rap has been deleted, and that makes me sad :(

View attachment 422670
You gotta fight

For your right

To have a jolly ol' good timeeeeee

Why even bother censoring? Are we somehow a huge resource sink on f95?

I understand the "well this is getting a bit off topic"-reaction but is it really a problem?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You gotta fight

For your right

To have a jolly ol' good timeeeeee

Why even bother censoring? Are we somehow a huge resource sink on f95?

I understand the "well this is getting a bit off topic"-reaction but is it really a problem?
Well my post about why it might be a problem was deleted, so better not go back to that.:p

What might be an option though that could work possibly and gives the mods also peace of mind and allowing us to freely discuss things is possibly moving our discussions to a community thread for this game linked in the OP for any who would wish to join and leave this thread just for updates, fixes, technical questions and such. We could even use a pm group for that, though big disadvantage to that would be easy access for newer players and you might miss out on the opinions of players who would disagree.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
To address some of your concerns, this thread has been used effectively as a Discord for a long time and while this was never to our satisfaction, it was also not against any rules for the most part. That is until people go on long off-topic conversation and make us have to go through hundreds of pages and delete a record number of posts.

This is isn't about censorship, it's about keeping the thread tidy, within the rules and about the game it was made for.

Now I'll consider the matter closed and any further comments should be taken to PMs, because a game thread is not the place for conversations about rules.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
To address some of your concerns, this thread has been used effectively as a Discord for a long time and while this was never to our satisfaction, it was also not against any rules for the most part. That is until people go on long off-topic conversation and make us have to go through hundreds of pages and delete a record number of posts.

This is isn't about censorship, it's about keeping the thread tidy, within the rules and about the game it was made for.

Now I'll consider the matter closed and any further comments should be taken to PMs, because a game thread is not the place for conversations about rules.
Thanks for the explanation and the understanding :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I will have to respectfully agree to disagree, but if you wish to know the reasons you can pm me. Discord though is a very lousy option I would say. :)

Jaun Karr

Mar 2, 2019
Welcome to the Thread Jaun:) Would Hughe Massiveschlong work for you? Affraid that Huity claimed that lastname for Pepito though:p
Ta.
My site user name also fits with the previous examples I gave (again, speed and proper pronunciation for Karr; Jaun). I actually haven't used a joke name for the few playthrough's I've done, but have stuck with the same first name I use for al the VN's here; Tbone (as in the steak!)

:eek::love::eek: Red Dwarf is one of my favourites!
Dwarfers in the house. But only if passed your pilots exam in Starbug 1, despite learning in Starbug 2.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

I understand your reasons and admit we go off-trail quite often. Even though I don't like lack of freedom that comes with it, I respect your decision. This will thus be my last post on this subject.

That being said, I'll keep thinking it is kinda sad that a friendly and lively thread like this one be "monitored" :x

It is not nazi Germany, of course that gif was a tongue-in-cheek joke :D

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes