DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The full message from Notty.

Sorry for the recent absence. Life and a few other things were getting horribly on top of me and the capacity was running low.

That said, I've remained busy. I'm finally happy with all the images and animations (I -finally- was able to change the landing ramp on the Vanguard - which was something which had been driving me nuts).

Oh! Jane has a new haircut and *thinks* there was something else...

Oh yes!

Sorry if this may seem rude, but I'm staying quiet until I finish this now. Almost there but I need to make sure it all works with no glitches on gender etc.

Hell, I figured I may as well go all in on this now...so yep, choose your gender and race - and yes, the game/story does change...

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Well it’s good to find out news that stuff is happening.

Addition of gender/race feels like it’s something else that may just clog up progress but it’s notty’s game to develop as they wish.

Feel it’s poor form that I had to hear news here though. How long would it have taken to copy paste that message to Patreon.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Addition of gender/race feels like it’s something else that may just clog up progress but it’s notty’s game to develop as they wish.

Feel it’s poor form that I had to hear news here though. How long would it have taken to copy paste that message to Patreon.
If you don't mind extra registration you can keep up with the news on her . Quite a lot has been posted there since the end of October. I don't really know why she's been neglecting her Patreon page. I believe that will change once the remastered Ch.1 is out though.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well I suspect she did not have much choice in the Patreon thing, even if we think it should have been easy enough. Same as I suspect, though I might be utterly wrong, adding the gender and race choice was something she needed to do to break through the deadlock and have something to do on the game that was fun for her to work on.

Downside will be that future updates will have to be even bigger as already were, so yeah I do hope she will go away from the idea of doing monthly updates for the future, so she does not put unwarranted pressure upon herself all the time. She is more the conscientious type that does not need that kind of pressure to keep working on the game anyway.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well I suspect she did not have much choice in the Patreon thing, even if we think it should have been easy enough.
Notty is all about choices.

Same as I suspect, though I might be utterly wrong, adding the gender and race choice was something she needed to do to break through the deadlock and have something to do on the game that was fun for her to work on.

Downside will be that future updates will have to be even bigger as already were, so yeah I do hope she will go away from the idea of doing monthly updates for the future, so she does not put unwarranted pressure upon herself all the time. She is more the conscientious type that does not need that kind of pressure to keep working on the game anyway.
I'd say you might be half right. The addition of the female MC means she can have fun writing again as it means a lot of dialogues and scenes will be different. It means a lot of extra work, but also a work she might thrive on. Thanks to her hamster upgrade it might be plausible to do that without slowing everything too much.

The addition of another skin colour, however, I don't see how that will make anything more fun for her. Quite the opposite actually. It just means everything with the MC's in it will have to be rendered twice. Luckily, as the game is POV it doesn't mean almost everything has to be rendered twice, but as Notty seems to be aiming towards going heavy on animations...well, that could mean a lot of chore of rendering the same thing twice for a long period of time. Yes, she has always wanted to have that option, but for the amount of time it will take and the little it adds...I feel she's making it a lot more difficult for herself as opposed to adding that after the game is finished and a lot of pressure is off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Obviously her mind is set, so it is what it is, but I fear she may indeed be putting a lot of pressure on herself with this decision and she could be biting more than she can chew. Time will tell.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

I'd say you might be half right. The addition of the female MC means she can have fun writing again as it means a lot of dialogues and scenes will be different. It means a lot of extra work, but also a work she might thrive on. Thanks to her hamster upgrade it might be plausible to do that without slowing everything too much.

The addition of another skin colour, however, I don't see how that will make anything more fun for her. Quite the opposite actually. It just means everything with the MC's in it will have to be rendered twice. Luckily, as the game is POV it doesn't mean almost everything has to be rendered twice, but as Notty seems to be aiming towards going heavy on animations...well, that could mean a lot of chore of rendering the same thing twice for a long period of time. Yes, she has always wanted to have that option, but for the amount of time it will take and the little it adds...I feel she's making it a lot more difficult for herself as opposed to adding that after the game is finished and a lot of pressure is off.

Obviously her mind is set, so it is what it is, but I fear she may indeed be putting a lot of pressure on herself with this decision and she could be biting more than she can chew. Time will tell.
Yeah that is why I hope she will now finally leave the fallacy of monthly updates behind, I see no really sensible way to do monthly updates for her with the amount of work she has created for herself after the remaster. Now I happily will see her proof me wrong when an update goes faster as expected.

If we remember though that she already needed a faster computer to be able to make chapter 5 in time before the remaster, I really would be surprised she could do chapter 5 and later updates in even close to a month after all the extra work she created for herself with the remaster when comes to graphics quality, animations and gender plus race choice ...... On the plus side I might well try out the female non-white path. :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah that is why I hope she will now finally leave the fallacy of monthly updates behind, I see no really sensible way to do monthly updates for her with the amount of work she has created for herself after the remaster. Now I happily will see her proof me wrong when an update goes faster as expected.

If we remember though that she already needed a faster computer to be able to make chapter 5 in time before the remaster, I really would be surprised she could do chapter 5 and later updates in even close to a month after all the extra work she created for herself with the remaster when comes to graphics quality, animations and gender plus race choice ...... On the plus side I might well try out the female non-white path. :p
Yep, the monthly thing has never worked. It would be madness to even attempt it now.

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I can get why creators try though. She could always switch to having Patreon only charge when she updates. That ways there's no artificial pressure to make people feel like they got something for their money.
Once you have pay up-front enabled on Patreon, you can't switch back to per release. She changed it because of too many hit and runs with pledges.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

The MC isn't actually in most of the scenes, so that shouldn't be any extra rendering, just dialogue, other than the occasional sex scene. That is, unless she plans to have the camera at a different height for the women.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The MC isn't actually in most of the scenes, so that shouldn't be any extra rendering, just dialogue, other than the occasional sex scene.
I suspect Notty will put more effort in those, which means many static renders and particularly animations (therefore thousands of renders per such scene). It won't be as dramatic in the early chapters, but once things get going? It could be overwhelming.

That is, unless she plans to have the camera at a different height for the women.
I assume she will be sane enough to have them be the same height (despite what those mannequines suggest).:)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I suspect Notty will put more effort in those, which means many static renders and particularly animations (therefore thousands of renders per such scene). It won't be as dramatic in the early chapters, but once things get going? It could be overwhelming.

I assume she will be sane enough to have them be the same height (despite what those mannequines suggest).:)
Don't have any to compare, so we will have to see, the animations always take longer, especially if they are more than a few frames (and hers will be, this is known).

Yeah, it's not like you are playing a dwarf or hobbit, the PoV angle won't be different enough to be worth the extra renders.
...Please stop giving her ideas. :p
I guess since she doesn't come here any more there isn't anything to worry about.:confused:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes