Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
:)
Nottravis said:
First things first. Chapter Two will be released within the next two hours :)

I'm just uploading the final, final version now. We've tested it to death and seem to have eliminated any possibility of the game crashing your save due to the addition of new code. It's now, following some tweaks, over 1,400 renders, twenty animations, 10,000 lines of code and I've lost track of the word count. Easily over 40,000. Playing time is coming out on average at around three hours for a single play through which, given there are no repeating loops or grind is not too shabby at all.

Secondly, my apologies for my quietness of late and for any concern caused. There were things going on in my life which...well, there were things going on in my private life. It is not unreasonable of you to think "Well you could have just dropped a post" and I'd agree with you. Except sometimes...well, sometimes you just can't. Sorry.

You were right by the way. Well, you as in the "general crowd you". A lot of you have often expressed the opinion that my obsession with deadlines is somewhat detrimental and...I have to agree with you. It's been five months since Chapter One came out which is frankly absurd, especially given that it's not due to a lack of effort.

January....well, January was building the new assets following the expansion. We can all accept that. Feb was making the game to completion and March....well, the animation error corrections and blowing up the PC did for March.

So why did it need another two months following the completion. Alright, I've lost a couple of weeks this month due to "events" but that leaves six weeks extra - and it's largely down to error correction, or modifying gameplay or a host of other things that have gone in to improve the game. Don't get me wrong. The version at the end of Feb (dodgy animations aside) was playable and was fine. Nothing that wrong with it really. But this version is better. It's funnier, sexier, plottier, more playable and all in all is just a much better product. A month simply wasn't long enough.

The horrible, sad, irony that lept up and slapped me in the face repeatedly was that if I hadn't rushed to complete Two in a month, I wouldn't (probably) have made the animation errors, which in turn means I wouldn't have blown up the machine. I wouldn't have also made some silly graphical mistakes, made gameplay errors and so on and so on. If I'd have gunned for the end of March...I'd have probably have made it. Instead I aimed for the end of February and made an utter bollocks of the whole production process.

I'm tired of fuc....er, messing up; I'm tired of delays; I'm tired of having to re-render stuff because of errors I make and I'm utterly fed up of being unreliable - especially given the sheer effort I put into this.

H5 is a big game - and will only get bigger. It will, I suspect, be the largest AVN ever made on completion.

So what I'm thinking is to go to say a three month timetable. That should give me plenty of time and if I do it quicker then great (especially if I can improve render speed production further but let's not count those chickens just yet). Having longer between releases will mean I will hit delivery targets and lose that monkey off my back.

Hand in hand with this however would go changes to Patreon tiers. The $1 and $5 stays of course, but the $15 tier would go with the $10 tier now being all the bonus stuff. So votes, BP, the PDA games etc.

I'd welcome your thoughts.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
do you have a Changelog?
It's now, following some tweaks, over 1,400 renders, twenty animations, 10,000 lines of code and I've lost track of the word count. Easily over 40,000. Playing time is coming out on average at around three hours for a single play through which, given there are no repeating loops or grind is not too shabby at all.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
do you have a Changelog?
Changelog based upon Notty's patreon posts will be basically:

added chapter 2 that continuess the rest of day 1, over 1,400 renders, twenty animations, 10,000 lines of code and I've lost track of the word count. Easily over 40,000. Playing time is coming out on average at around three hours for a single play through which, given there are no repeating loops or grind is not too shabby at all.

I should add that there are over 40 paths available to you in this release and so completionists may find themselves with a bit of a challenge... Paths will vary depending on gender, race, choices, discoveries etc etc and most of the playtesters have not yet found all the content. Some of which is hidden outside the game files.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes