snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Um. In fairness I should let you know it's over forty paths by the end of Chapter Two alone. The final complete game is over two hundred combinations of paths.

*goes back to trying to clear the PM mountain*
I am still messing around to try and find the other paths currently available.

Reactions: Akamari

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok, just my 2c's worth after having played this beautiful remake of Heavy 5 -- a game which already showed sophistication and promise. Yes the RM is more fluid and visually beautiful. I liked the new animations (after I put it on my PC with enough RAM to play them correctly) extremely well done and integrated.
Just for fun, I started on CH 1 and decided to be my favorite hero, 'Mr Cool' who is casual, polite, friendly but powerful in his own skin. I was surprised that Chad didn't give me the option to repair the open panel on the 'wing' even after it was obvious that I fit the suit and was willing. It went straight to the "I'm landing the ship." Hmmm I guess ya gotta be a little pushy to get Chad's respect? I felt that decision slightly off as I wasn't playing a wimp or assbut.
The 2nd chapter ended after the 1st day on the station. I felt a little disappointed on not getting anything done in regards to my mission...no tools...no clues...nada. No drink with Annie only a strange virtual reality game and getting hit on by the guys' wife.... the bar was empty...the mess hall was empty...the labs were locked...and the visit by Chad was civil and 'official'

Boy there must be more. I guess heroes...if they're nice...don't get much action?

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Ok, just my 2c's worth after having played this beautiful remake of Heavy 5 -- a game which already showed sophistication and promise. Yes the RM is more fluid and visually beautiful. I liked the new animations (after I put it on my PC with enough RAM to play them correctly) extremely well done and integrated.
Thank you. :) Animations were always my bugbear and, although not entirely happy with them, I'm no longer ashamed at what I can produce - and of course I can only get better (I hope!)

Just for fun, I started on CH 1 and decided to be my favorite hero, 'Mr Cool' who is casual, polite, friendly but powerful in his own skin. I was surprised that Chad didn't give me the option to repair the open panel on the 'wing' even after it was obvious that I fit the suit and was willing. It went straight to the "I'm landing the ship." Hmmm I guess ya gotta be a little pushy to get Chad's respect? I felt that decision slightly off as I wasn't playing a wimp or assbut.
The 2nd chapter ended after the 1st day on the station. I felt a little disappointed on not getting anything done in regards to my mission...no tools...no clues...nada. No drink with Annie only a strange virtual reality game and getting hit on by the guys' wife.... the bar was empty...the mess hall was empty...the labs were locked...and the visit by Chad was civil and 'official'

Boy there must be more. I guess heroes...if they're nice...don't get much action?
I'll have a little peek under the hood for you on this one as I'm surprised as you that you didn't get a say. Usually, you have to annoy her or lose her respect for her to decide to not get your input. I'll have a look and get back to you. My snap guess would be if you kept poking at her marriage or complained about the crew, but I'll have a look in detail.

As to the repairs themselves, in story of course the tools are in the lockers which were in the process of being opened at the time. But gamewise I didn't want to drop too many mechanics on the players in one go and so hence getting your tools (which could well be used for more than just repairs) is shuffled off to Chapter Three. I also wanted to lay enough background on the player as well without making it an info dump. It's a tricky one to balance tho, I'd concede.

As to perhaps your play through being quieter than expected, without saying too much for risk of spoiling, sometimes the paths are more subtle than they seem and pay off down the line...

I should say that this is actually my first time playing the remaster and I have to say Notty you knocked it out of the park. I am absolutely stunned at the quality keep it up
It's been a long hard journey but it's finally shaping up to how I always wanted it to be and look. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Also, apart from what Notty mentioned, you won't get much respect from her if you chicken out turn down her offer to box.:)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Also, apart from what Notty mentioned, you won't get much respect from her if you chicken out turn down her offer to box.:)
While on the other hand, staying focused on your work does earn you some respect from Chad the Bad.

Kafka11

Jan 7, 2018
Is the link on the front page a demo for chapter 2? it ends when chris comes in your room at the start of day 2 and sends you back to the starting screen so can only assume its a demo as the tutorial girl says thank you for playing chapter 2

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Is the link on the front page a demo for chapter 2? it ends when chris comes in your room at the start of day 2 and sends you back to the starting screen so can only assume its a demo as the tutorial girl says thank you for playing chapter 2
It is the full chapter 2

Kafka11

Jan 7, 2018
? then cant fathom what I'm doing wrong simply choose an option (lets say work out) it then goes black she comes in and then that's it the game goes to the tutorial girl asks if you have any questions and then says there will be a credit screen and the end?

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
? then cant fathom what I'm doing wrong simply choose an option (lets say work out) it then goes black she comes in and then that's it the game goes to the tutorial girl asks if you have any questions and then says there will be a credit screen and the end?
That's a cliffhanger

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
I finally found the time to replay the remastered chapters and while I'm still at the beginning of Chapter 2, I just wanted to drop in to say the remastered renders look great. Also - were actual working QR codes already present in previous versions and I just don't remember them or are they a new addition? As for the animations - while they do look great as well, my crappy old laptop isn't particularly thrilled about them. :LOL:

I just wanted to ask if anyone else had any problems with a compressed version? In my case the "Quick save, Quick Load, Skip, Pref" menu at the bottom of the screen was written on a black background which partially covered the names of the speakers, which was slightly annoying but there is no such issue in the full version, so I guess I'll just stick to that one in the future.

And another question regarding the ship/spacecraft "puzzle" in the lounge of the base - has it been confirmed whether it's just a red herring or is there an actual point to it? The vessels depicted seem to be HMS Invincible, Cutty Sark, Endurance? and Discovery, but I really don't know what to do with those answers besides feeling good that I actually recognized them without too much trouble. :LOL:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I finally found the time to replay the remastered chapters and while I'm still at the beginning of Chapter 2, I just wanted to drop in to say the remastered renders look great. Also - were actual working QR codes already present in previous versions and I just don't remember them or are they a new addition? As for the animations - while they do look great as well, my crappy old laptop isn't particularly thrilled about them. :LOL:

I just wanted to ask if anyone else had any problems with a compressed version? In my case the "Quick save, Quick Load, Skip, Pref" menu at the bottom of the screen was written on a black background which partially covered the names of the speakers, which was slightly annoying but there is no such issue in the full version, so I guess I'll just stick to that one in the future.

And another question regarding the ship/spacecraft "puzzle" in the lounge of the base - has it been confirmed whether it's just a red herring or is there an actual point to it? The vessels depicted seem to be HMS Invincible, Cutty Sark, Endurance? and Discovery, but I really don't know what to do with those answers besides feeling good that I actually recognized them without too much trouble. :LOL:
There were hidden bits in the original version too, but not QR codes ;)

I can't answer the compressed version as I don't use them, but there might be a compressed version coming from Notty, she was looking at different compression options.

The clickables/puzzles aren't essential for you to progress with the story ;)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes