Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Not going to dig through 1068 pages to get an answer, so I'll just ask: why is there a reference to the two Russian generals disgraced at the Battle of Tannenberg? Is it a British thing? Because if it isn't, that's a helluva deep cut.

[Not that I don't appreciate it, mind you. It is military history, coming from a military officer.]

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Not going to dig through 1068 pages to get an answer, so I'll just ask: why is there a reference to the two Russian generals disgraced at the Battle of Tannenberg? Is it a British thing? Because if it isn't, that's a helluva deep cut.

[Not that I don't appreciate it, mind you. It is military history, coming from a military officer.]
Nice spot :)

They didn't get on (iirc they loathed each other) and so screwed up the whole battle despite having all the advantages. So it's her way of saying soldier to soldier that she just isn't interested in letting any animosity get in the way of the mission.

But...I would -really- strongly advise against playing the old H5. It's really rather awful compared to the remaster.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Nice spot :)

They didn't get on (iirc they loathed each other) and so screwed up the whole battle despite having all the advantages. So it's her way of saying soldier to soldier that she just isn't interested in letting any animosity get in the way of the mission.

But...I would -really- strongly advise against playing the old H5. It's really rather awful compared to the remaster.
Firstly, I didn't realize I was playing the old version; there wasn't a Ch 3 last time I tried it out, so I figured it was the latest release. But now I can see it clearly says "(old version)" right there. (Downloading Ch 2 remastered currently--if what I just played was "awful" by comparison, I'm looking forward to it!)
Secondly, I actually looked it up because it was so clearly a reference, it was bugging me that I didn't know what it was. Then I find out it's a WORLD WAR I EASTERN FRONT HISTORICAL reference, which really intrigued me. Part of me was wondering if it were somehow part of some recent pop culture thing which had completely slipped by my radar (like a Netflix series or something--it happens a lot), which is why I asked.

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
You are aware that Chris has fem tendencies and Sarah submissive ones right by now and both are bi.:) Now if you are able to pull off something with those two, who knows. I don't, though I know Notty spoilered once you could sleep with all women in one play through, but not get into a marriage situation in same game. :p

Edit: Also Chris might not be the only female that has some femdom likings, though for the Chris romance route it may not be wise to submit to her.
that's why i'm gonna wait for at least a couple more updates before playing to decide whether or not i will play it again before final release or not
edit: hopefully there will be a detailed walkthrough by then for all 40 routes as dev has suggested

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Firstly, I didn't realize I was playing the old version; there wasn't a Ch 3 last time I tried it out, so I figured it was the latest release. But now I can see it clearly says "(old version)" right there. (Downloading Ch 2 remastered currently--if what I just played was "awful" by comparison, I'm looking forward to it!)
Secondly, I actually looked it up because it was so clearly a reference, it was bugging me that I didn't know what it was. Then I find out it's a WORLD WAR I EASTERN FRONT HISTORICAL reference, which really intrigued me. Part of me was wondering if it were somehow part of some recent pop culture thing which had completely slipped by my radar (like a Netflix series or something--it happens a lot), which is why I asked.
Oh God. I am -so- sorry you ended up playing the old version. That was made with just a 2Gb graphics card. The new version is in an entirely different class altogether.

*wonders if it's worth asking the mods to take the old version down as it's not even really the same game anymore.*

Although if I could ask a small favour? With you being the person who would have most recently played the two versions, almost alongside each other in a way, when you finish the remaster version so far, would you let me know - was it worth it? The remastering.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
that's why i'm gonna wait for at least a couple more updates before playing to decide whether or not i will play it again before final release or not
edit: hopefully there will be a detailed walkthrough by then for all 40 routes as dev has suggested
Um. In fairness I should let you know it's over forty paths by the end of Chapter Two alone. The final complete game is over two hundred combinations of paths.

*goes back to trying to clear the PM mountain*

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
Um. In fairness I should let you know it's over forty paths by the end of Chapter Two alone. The final complete game is over two hundred combinations of paths.

*goes back to trying to clear the PM mountain*
there must be a way you yourself must be keeping track of different paths
why dont you just share it with someone when you are finished so they can make a walktrough

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
there must be a way you yourself must be keeping track of different paths
why dont you just share it with someone when you are finished so they can make a walktrough
OR why don't you (and everyone asking for a walkthrough) just try to play the game as it was intended and make your own choice and see where they lead you? Afterward, you can come here and talk with the other players about their own choice and discover new things that way. There are a lot of games here where knowing what happens in advance is not a big deal since it's just a way to trigger a sex scene or two, but with Heavy Five, there is a real plot that is tailored by your choices and it would be a waste to simply follow a walkthrough.

Don't you remember when you were a kid and played games without knowing what would happen next? This feeling of discovery? This is the mindset for playing Heavy Five. (But don't play it if you are still a kid... you know... mature themes and stuff ^^)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Im going to enjoy the game either way but when/if the game is complete having a flowchart of possible branches/outcomes would be nice given the nature of how vast the story can change given an optimistic 200 endings.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
OR why don't you (and everyone asking for a walkthrough) just try to play the game as it was intended and make your own choice and see where they lead you? Afterward, you can come here and talk with the other players about their own choice and discover new things that way. There are a lot of games here where knowing what happens in advance is not a big deal since it's just a way to trigger a sex scene or two, but with Heavy Five, there is a real plot that is tailored by your choices and it would be a waste to simply follow a walkthrough.

Don't you remember when you were a kid and played games without knowing what would happen next? This feeling of discovery? This is the mindset for playing Heavy Five. (But don't play it if you are still a kid... you know... mature themes and stuff ^^)
sure i enjoy not knowing what's gonna happen next
but i would also like to know what i'm missing out on and what different i could have done
And it's always better to be a kid at heart.....i learned it the hard way
when we were kids we always enjoyed playing different games at different levels but using mods or cheats was always more fun

Reactions: Byczer
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes