Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
....has it been confirmed whether it's just a red herring or is there an actual point to it?
Who knows? Oh, wait.... ;)

Dangling a puzzle in front of my face and then saying: "Just kidding! There's no way for you to input your answer!" goes beyond mean. :ROFLMAO:
*wiggles eyebrows* ;)

Also, thank you for the kind words - I'm glad you liked what I did with the old place :) Sorry, I can't help with the compressed version. The only good news I can offer on this front is I am looking at the optimal way to reduce file size and keep the image quality. So far it seems like I can halve the size and keep it looking as good as it should do. Beyond that and it starts to look too grainy for me to be happy with.

There were no QR codes in the earlier version but I will be finding various ways to keep including off file content for those nosy enough to poke around... well, effort deserves a reward, no? This chapter it was a QR, next time it might be something like needing a four letter code word at some point, although how I could find a way to get a puzzle like that into the game I've no idea. *coughs*

Last edited:

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Also, thank you for the kind words - I'm glad you liked what I did with the old place :) Sorry, I can't help with the compressed version. The only good news I can offer on this front is I am looking at the optimal way to reduce file size and keep the image quality. So far it seems like I can halve the size and keep it looking as good as it should do. Beyond that and it starts to look too grainy for me to be happy with.

There were no QR codes in the earlier version but I will be finding various ways to keep including off file content for those nosy enough to poke around... well, effort deserves a reward, no? This chapter it was a QR, next time it might be something like needing a four letter code word at some point, although how I could find a way to get a puzzle like that into the game I've no idea. *coughs*
You're welcome, lassie, they are well deserved. As for the compressed version, I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. There are plenty of people here who do compressed versions of games and only one who works on this game, so please, for the love of all that's holy: stop looking for all possible ways on how to improve this game up to the smallest detail and rather focus on giving us regular doses of this superb story. :p My "complaint" was aimed at the person who compressed the game, so he can avoid making it in the next versions if possible, not you. ;)

And I sure am looking forward to reward for us nosy folks. :)

• Love
Reactions: Nottravis

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Although if I could ask a small favour? With you being the person who would have most recently played the two versions, almost alongside each other in a way, when you finish the remaster version so far, would you let me know - was it worth it? The remastering.
So much pressure now...!
But sure, I'd be happy to. I've only finished Chapter 1 so far, but it does look great.
And having a map, which also shows if someone's somewhere, is incredibly helpful.

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
You're welcome, lassie, they are well deserved. As for the compressed version, I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. There are plenty of people here who do compressed versions of games and only one who works on this game, so please, for the love of all that's holy: stop looking for all possible ways on how to improve this game up to the smallest detail and rather focus on giving us regular doses of this superb story. :p My "complaint" was aimed at the person who compressed the game, so he can avoid making it in the next versions if possible, not you. ;)

The thing is that if she made her own compressed version it would eliminate the risk of having someone screw it up, the first impression is vital and you never know how many people might play a badly compressed version and think badly of the game when the game itself is not at fault.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You're welcome, lassie, they are well deserved. ...

*curtsies*
So much pressure now...!
But sure, I'd be happy to. I've only finished Chapter 1 so far, but it does look great.
And having a map, which also shows if someone's somewhere, is incredibly helpful.
Thankees both. It's no secret this has been a long journey for me, starting with no real IT equipment; no coding experience etc etc but I had this story I just -had- to tell, and I think I've finally started to be able to pull a quality game off. *wait...did that sound rude? It sounded rude, didn't it?*

I hope you both continue to enjoy what I make. :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The thing is that if she made her own compressed version it would eliminate the risk of having someone screw it up, the first impression is vital and you never know how many people might play a badly compressed version and think badly of the game when the game itself is not at fault.
Except many would probably play compressed version made here anyway.:censored: Although if Notty's was "marketed" as a compressed version, maybe it would not get made? I wouldn't count on that though.

The very first thing that happened after link had appeared here was a request for compression...

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
Thankees both. It's no secret this has been a long journey for me, starting with no real IT equipment; no coding experience etc etc but I had this story I just -had- to tell, and I think I've finally started to be able to pull a quality game off. *wait...did that sound rude? It sounded rude, didn't it?*

I'm not sure why anything there would sound rude but I'm quite certain we'll enjoy further updates as well. :)

Except many would probably play compressed version made here anyway.:censored: Although if Notty's was "marketed" as a compressed version, maybe it would not get made? I wouldn't count on that though.
As Akamari pointed out, a lot of folks probably wouldn't bother with official compressed version. People usually either go for full version or the smallest possible, which is almost never an official one...

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

The very first thing that happened after link had appeared here was a request for compression...
Well, you can't prevent people asking for a compressed version, everyone doesn't have the greatest internet connection (I, for example, have a monthly limited data plan and can download at 2mo/s at most). To me, as long as it is known that it is not the official version, there shouldn't be any problem. Only stupid people would think to blame a dev for issues in the compressed version.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

Wrong, there was a question about incest tag before the compression request :p (but I see your point)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
*curtsies*

Not sure what is rude about it, crude maybe, though I am sure it is happy to be pulled off in any way you see fit. :sneaky:

It has always been a quality game, now it is just higher quality. (y)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You'll all be pleased to know I'm going to refresh my old signatures btw. Can't promise anything spectacular but they're be better than what I whomped up last time.

For those interested there's also a to what's in the pipelines for the immediate workplan.

Last edited:

slider

Jul 14, 2017
I just finished chapter 2 with my fifth and last character “build” (so far: subby white male, action-hero black male, straight-ish white female, lesbian black female, and villainous white male). The great variety in playthroughs we get to experience is one the many great features of this game.

Once again, the standard of quality and attention to detail are still among the absolute best of the genre and it is fair to affirm that this chapter represents an especially interesting update technically wise. Several game mechanics were improved and expanded, helping the actual content shine even more.

While the new technical elements brought additional programing efforts and challenges that prolonged the release of this chapter, I’m sure it will help to smooth out future development and, hopefully, showcase what can be done in adult games and inspire other creators.

Despite having already played the original release of chapter 2 way back when, I am happy to go through the expanded experience. The story continues, introducing more of the plot and presenting new themes and characters in a nice confident pace that allows the player to appreciate each element in a suiting context. Furthermore, the station is now filled with interactive objects, hidden details, and ingenious gags.

Another very welcomed addition is the animations; I sincerely think they are among the very best I’ve seen in a ren-py game. They were remarkedly seamless and realistic and, paired with the realism of the models, I am really excited to explore all possible sexual paths the game will have.

We also can gain some progress with the characters we already know during the free roam. It is a good thing that the relationships are asymmetrical and that the amount and nature of the smut content with each girl is significantly different (more so depending on the several routes). The long development cycle of this particular update and the “slow burn” nature of this game’s romances can make the wait a little frustrating for some, but the buildup is promising.

I enjoyed each main girl’s specific content, but I would also like to offer some criticism:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All in all, another extraordinary update to a game that rises the bar of what to expect in adult entertainment!

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I just finished chapter 2 with my fifth and last character “build” (so far: subby white male, action-hero black male, straight-ish white female, lesbian black female, and villainous white male). The great variety in playthroughs we get to experience is one the many great features of this game.

Once again, the standard of quality and attention to detail are still among the absolute best of the genre and it is fair to affirm that this chapter represents an especially interesting update technically wise. Several game mechanics were improved and expanded, helping the actual content shine even more.

While the new technical elements brought additional programing efforts and challenges that prolonged the release of this chapter, I’m sure it will help to smooth out future development and, hopefully, showcase what can be done in adult games and inspire other creators.

Despite having already played the original release of chapter 2 way back when, I am happy to go through the expanded experience. The story continues, introducing more of the plot and presenting new themes and characters in a nice confident pace that allows the player to appreciate each element in a suiting context. Furthermore, the station is now filled with interactive objects, hidden details, and ingenious gags.

Another very welcomed addition is the animations; I sincerely think they are among the very best I’ve seen in a ren-py game. They were remarkedly seamless and realistic and, paired with the realism of the models, I am really excited to explore all possible sexual paths the game will have.

We also can gain some progress with the characters we already know during the free roam. It is a good thing that the relationships are asymmetrical and that the amount and nature of the smut content with each girl is significantly different (more so depending on the several routes). The long development cycle of this particular update and the “slow burn” nature of this game’s romances can make the wait a little frustrating for some, but the buildup is promising.

I enjoyed each main girl’s specific content, but I would also like to offer some criticism:

All in all, another extraordinary update to a game that rises the bar of what to expect in adult entertainment!
Damn. This make it really curious to see the game, but i got to hold on until episode 3. :cool:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I just finished chapter 2 with my fifth and last character “build” .....
Thank you :)

I am so very pleased you enjoyed it and I am grateful for your kind words especially in recognising the effort that went into the chapter. I'm also pleased you found the gags ingenious rather than awful! :)

But I'm especially pleased over your thoughts on the animations. I simply didn't have the power to do them previously but with the new card what had previously seemed out of reach is now doable and, if I was going to do them, I wanted to do them properly. I also suspect animating a stick might be a first ;) (although Annie drunk dancing is probs the one I'm most pleased with)

Thank you also for the sensible critique. One of the challenges as a solo dev, other than the workload, is the "does this work?" element, and it's always useful to get thoughtful constructive feedback such as yours.

Last edited:

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
But given the nature of what can happen in VR I wanted that one as clear as clear could be. Sexually it is the most hardcore and kinkiest path in the entire game. Whereas the other paths are fairly grounded in realism, the VR content is "anything goes". Not many will want to see what I can do with a pot of honey for example...
Now you have my full attention. *grins in a slightly disturbing manner*

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Not sure if this was reported already, but I just started playing and the bar where the save load prefs etc buttons are hides the characters names.
1591603854333.png

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Not sure if this was reported already, but I just started playing and the bar where the save load prefs etc buttons are hides the characters names.
View attachment 685597
Thanks for this.

I'm guessing this is the unofficial compressed version? Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that as it's not mine - other than to say I'm working on how to reduce the file size of the official version.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I'm guessing this is the unofficial compressed version?
That guess is correct. Limited bandwidths are a pain. Efforts towards file size reduction will be well appreciated.
I've now finished chapter one. Didn't find any other issues to report. Other than having a good time with it :)

• Love

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
That guess is correct. Limited bandwidths are a pain. Efforts towards file size reduction will be well appreciated.
I've now finished chapter one. Didn't find any other issues to report. Other than having a good time with it :)
Brill. Glad to hear it :)

The good news is it -looks- like I can halve the size without losing image quality. I could end up with the rather odd position of Chapter Three complete being smaller than Chapter Two! Will see what I can do.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Mipmip
This is a transparency fix for the unofficial compressed version. It contains the uncompressed GUI files (4.7 MB). Extract it and overwrite the game's "gui" folder.

It fixes only the the transparency (black boxes) (that alone makes it look a lot better though), not the design of the menu at the bottom of the text box. That was altered in the compressed version and is not representative of the game's quality. Same goes for the choice menu that also looks different.

Goodness, I thought compressed version is just about making stuff smaller in size, not altering what portions of the user interface look like.

Abhai Can you add this fix to the compressed version? The GUI files must not be compressed to work perfectly.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes