Le Mat

May 30, 2020
Look-a-here a minute, please.
I DLd your Ch.2 R this morning, and found your Ch.1 neat without any alterations a few minutes later.

Are they both playable ? They have not been spliced together, after all. Is playing Ch.1 going to wreak havoc on my laptop ?

Kind regards.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Look-a-here a minute, please.
I DLd your Ch.2 R this morning, and found your Ch.1 neat without any alterations a few minutes later.

Are they both playable ? They have not been spliced together, after all. Is playing Ch.1 going to wreak havoc on my laptop ?

Kind regards.
The parts before remaster are old and saves will not work with the remaster. Advise is to just play remastered chapters 1 and 2 and if want to play old, be careful with those saves so you do not overwrite your remastered saves. May be wisest just to wait for the remastered chapter 3.

Reactions: Le Mat

Le Mat

May 30, 2020
The parts before remaster are old and saves will not work with the remaster. Advise is to just play remastered chapters 1 and 2 and if want to play old, be careful with those saves so you do not overwrite your remastered saves. May be wisest just to wait for the remastered chapter 3.
Thank you for your kind advice.

Reactions: DA22

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I enjoyed the little bit that is available. I didn't do anything with anyone as I believe in following protocol and regulations, which probably means my character will forever be blueballed :LOL:

Look forward to seeing more!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I enjoyed the little bit that is available. I didn't do anything with anyone as I believe in following protocol and regulations, which probably means my character will forever be blueballed :LOL:

Look forward to seeing more!
*approves of good Lieutenants* ;)

Glad you liked it. Being a "proper LT" opens different paths you'll be glad to hear. He/she gets plenty down the line. :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yep. I defo wouldn't touch the old Chapter Three. It will almost certainly corrupt saves. Besides it looks no where near as good and only has around 40 per cent of the content that will be in the remastered Three.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yep. I defo wouldn't touch the old Chapter Three. It will almost certainly corrupt saves. Besides it looks no where near as good and only has around 40 per cent of the content that will be in the remastered Three.
I think you should put a disclaimer in the OP to that effect, especially about the save corruption. Perhaps even put "obsolete version" instead of "old version".

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
*approves of good Lieutenants* ;)

Glad you liked it. Being a "proper LT" opens different paths you'll be glad to hear. He/she gets plenty down the line. :)
Good to know! I didn't feel like it was a good idea to go out on a mission and have the MC immediately start hitting on/flirting with subordinates.

I have to say the animations are really good, hope they will be just as outstanding for the sex scenes ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Good to know! I didn't feel like it was a good idea to go out on a mission and have the MC immediately start hitting on/flirting with subordinates.

I have to say the animations are really good, hope they will be just as outstanding for the sex scenes ;)
Indeed! But I like to give people choices - even if it's just to make a bad decision... ;)

Thank you re the animations :). This was something I really wanted to shine at now I have the powah to make animations feasible. (didn't before).

The lewd animation in chapter Two seems to have gone down pretty well (if you'll pardon the pun) so I'm hopeful. Certainly I'll be putting the effort into them at any rate so...fingers crossed? One of the reasons I do so many small non-lewd animations is, not only to add a little bit to the game, but also so I can constantly improve as I go. I noticed a huge difference even in this chapter from the animations I did at the start to the ones I did at the end.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Indeed! But I like to give people choices - even if it's just to make a bad decision... ;)

Thank you re the animations :). This was something I really wanted to shine at now I have the powah to make animations feasible. (didn't before).

The lewd animation in chapter Two seems to have gone down pretty well (if you'll pardon the pun) so I'm hopeful. Certainly I'll be putting the effort into them at any rate so...fingers crossed? One of the reasons I do so many small non-lewd animations is, not only to add a little bit to the game, but also so I can constantly improve as I go. I noticed a huge difference even in this chapter from the animations I did at the start to the ones I did at the end.
Well, count me as really impressed! I am excited to see what comes next in the story. Please just don't make it free roam. And if I could say anything about the first chapter is that it would help if there was a hint to go talk to people when you are on the ship. Or a "skip" button which moves things forward. Wasn't 100% sure what to do while sitting in the crew area but I finally figured out I had to talk to the chief to advance the story.

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Please just don't make it free roam.
Not entirely. Every chapter will more or less follow the format of Two. So plot gubbins to kick off with to move the story along; then a section where the player can choose what to do (so work on the plant problem, go explore, meet people, do missions if they come up etc) then the evening session. But ofc the free roam/explore part in H5 is entirely optional and can be just skipped. Well, unless you're a fan of Channel 7's quality TV shows that is...

And if I could say anything about the first chapter is that it would help if there was a hint to go talk to people when you are on the ship. Or a "skip" button which moves things forward. Wasn't 100% sure what to do while sitting in the crew area but I finally figured out I had to talk to the chief to advance the story.
Thanks. That must have been at the back of my mind when I introduced the skip button in Two but I'll confess I hadn't actively thought about it for One. I'll see if I can retrofit it at some point. Good call.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Not entirely. Every chapter will more or less follow the format of Two. So plot gubbins to kick off with to move the story along; then a section where the player can choose what to do (so work on the plant problem, go explore, meet people, do missions if they come up etc) then the evening session. But ofc the free roam/explore part in H5 is entirely optional and can be just skipped. Well, unless you're a fan of Channel 7's quality TV shows that is...
Channel 7 is probably the best TV channel in the universe! ;)

Thanks. That must have been at the back of my mind when I introduced the skip button in Two but I'll confess I hadn't actively thought about it for One. I'll see if I can retrofit it at some point. Good call.
Probably the best way of "fixing" this would be to have the MC think "I should really go and talk to the chief"

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Personally i really liked the free roam, it was very well made, and it with the exploration part, just like in old point and click games, where you search in areas and also move from different places, I feel it adds immersion to the experience. :)
I agree. It's a free-roam done right without grinding, emptiness or feeling lost. The one thing many so called free-roam games totally miss is making the exploration fun.:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Probably the best way of "fixing" this would be to have the MC think "I should really go and talk to the chief"
I actually think the skip button in One would be a better alternative. I mean the MC can well just relax in the crew room until called. ;)

Other than that, I think the character icons do sorta work as an indication of where to go next to advance the story. At least I would automatically assume that unless there is a specific location I was told to go to.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I agree. It's a free-roam done right without grinding, emptiness or feeling lost. The one thing many so called free-roam games totally miss is making the exploration fun.:)
You can also say that exploration needs content to be fun, since the exploration here is specifically for content included for that purpose and very little to no empty places coupled with limited time in free explore mode it does keep the exploring fun. Most bad sandboxes are either cause they have not enough content or not enough story/paths to justify the sandbox.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Personally i really liked the free roam, it was very well made, and it with the exploration part, just like in old point and click games, where you search in areas and also move from different places, I feel it adds immersion to the experience. :)
The Free Roam as is would be fine if the player knows they are required to do something to get the story to advance. That was my issue. If there was an indication as to what is expected of the player - "I should look around and see about talking to people." or something like that, then I would be fine with it. As long as there is no grind, go to one spot at exactly the right time or miss all of the content related to one person, etc.

I actually think the skip button in One would be a better alternative. I mean the MC can well just relax in the crew room until called. ;)

Other than that, I think the character icons do sorta work as an indication of where to go next to advance the story. At least I would automatically assume that unless there is a specific location I was told to go to.
A skip button with a warning of "You can skip or you could go see what the chief is doing". When icons of characters are shown but they brush the player off because they are busy (legitimate or not) it sends the message that it was wrong to go attempt a conversation.

As I said, I think the game is really good, just wasn't sure what I was supposed to do since I was told to not disturb people and yet the MC is sitting there with nothing to do.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The Free Roam as is would be fine if the player knows they are required to do something to get the story to advance. That was my issue. If there was an indication as to what is expected of the player - "I should look around and see about talking to people." or something like that, then I would be fine with it. As long as there is no grind, go to one spot at exactly the right time or miss all of the content related to one person, etc.

A skip button with a warning of "You can skip or you could go see what the chief is doing". When icons of characters are shown but they brush the player off because they are busy (legitimate or not) it sends the message that it was wrong to go attempt a conversation.

As I said, I think the game is really good, just wasn't sure what I was supposed to do since I was told to not disturb people and yet the MC is sitting there with nothing to do.
Yeah that is one we as old players forgot to warn Notty about, since we were already used to it from the past. Sometimes a fresh face sees what is almost impossible to see for those who already know. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes