Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
The spanking scenes are I assume in the old third chapter?

Last edited:

AlecVentrue

Jun 7, 2020
Third? i had only 1st and 2nd Chapter, than it was Over?
Where i get the third Chapter, btw the Muscular Lady with Short Hair is my Favourite and Sarah.
Thx

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The spanking scenes are I assume in the old third chapter?
Third? i had only 1st and 2nd Chapter, than it was Over?
Where i get the third Chapter, btw the Muscular Lady with Short Hair is my Favourite and Sarah.
Thx
The CH3 remaster isn't out yet, it will have a lot more content than the non-remastered version.
It's not recommended to mix the two as the saves aren't compatible.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Tysm I'm Not Thea Lundgren! Will it be here anounced?
Tysm
Oh, I dare say so :)

As Thea says the new Chapter Three is considerably bigger (and better) than the old one and the animation and render demands are huge (around 4,500 renders in total) and I'm restricted a little by my hardware on how quickly I can make them. But I generally post open posts in respect to the progress of the remaster up on anyway about once a week so always worth a quick peek on there from time to time. But whatever you do, absolutely do not play the old version now you've started the new one. It will ruin your saves.

At the moment it's looking like a mid-August release.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Oh, I dare so :)

As Totes Not Thea says the new Chapter Three is considerably bigger (and better) than the old one and the animation and render demands are huge (around 4,500 renders in total) and I'm restricted a little by my hardware on how quickly I can make them. But I generally post open posts in respect to the progress of the remaster up on anyway about once a week so always worth a quick peek on there from time to time.

At the moment it's looking like a mid-August release.
Fixed that for you ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Fun so far, I quite like Sarah so have decided to romance her as a woman, and it's always nice to get to play as a female MC. :D

Is Cavern of Creatures a play on Corruption of Champions by Fenoxo?
Oddly enough, no.

I was just after a name that sounded a bit like Dungeons and Dragons and initially went for Caverns and Creatures. Then as I was getting close to wrapping up I realised the potential of the name change to Caverns of Creatures....so redid all the graphics and animations.

A bitch to do, but worth it I think. :) I know I'd have regretted it if I'd left it as it was at any rate.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I really enjoyed the tabletop game, more so than the VR bit, love Sarah in glasses and the fact that she's an airhead but also good at her job.

Although one complaint I have (and that's probably to do with DND's system) is if you roll a number much higher than the armour shouldn't you get a bonus to damage?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I really enjoyed the tabletop game, more so than the VR bit, love Sarah in glasses and the fact that she's an airhead but also good at her job.

Although one complaint I have (and that's probably to do with DND's system) is if you roll a number much higher than the armour shouldn't you get a bonus to damage?
I'm surprised how popular Caverns has been tbh. I thought VR would have been the "go to" choice for most people with Caverns as an alt path - and yet it seems to be split about 50/50. So...shows what I know!

I did think about doing something like what you suggested btw. Double on natural 20's etc but I wanted to keep it simple for it's first run out. I suppose in-universe I see it as a very simple D&D type game where no one really has to remember lots of rules so it can be played as and when. Also I have to bear in mind it's just one potential path and so can't get myself too lost on coding structures and issues for pure delivery reasons especially with being a sole dev for the entire thing. Last thing I want is to be too clever and for the game to break :)

In Three tho there are combat and defence modifiers - via the magic of going shopping. So the player can buy better swords, armour etc. Sarah, ofc, plays all the NPC shopkeepers with her usual Game Master skillz...

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
For me it seemed caverns had more content and I feel like it shows off Sarah's personality better, whereas the VR is just more for those only interested in lewding her and not true romance.

Enjoying the story so far and looking forward to seeing the sister(?). (y)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oddly enough, no.

I was just after a name that sounded a bit like Dungeons and Dragons and initially went for Caverns and Creatures. Then as I was getting close to wrapping up I realised the potential of the name change to Caverns of Creatures....so redid all the graphics and animations.

A bitch to do, but worth it I think. :) I know I'd have regretted it if I'd left it as it was at any rate.
I love the new name, it's ...kinky. :sneaky:

Jan 10, 2018
For me it seemed caverns had more content and I feel like it shows off Sarah's personality better, whereas the VR is just more for those only interested in lewding her and not true romance.

I kind of liked it the other way around, honestly... With VR, you got to see Sarah nerding out over the mechanics of VR and of Gloria's exploits in a nice, uninterrupted block (as well as blowing off the player's "but how do I PLAY, Sarah!" struggles), while with CoC, you had short little anecdotes that were interrupted by the dungeon crawl.

For me, CoC may have had more Sarah content, but VR did a better job of showing off her personality.

I love the new name, it's ...kinky. :sneaky:
You will not believe how long it took me to realize that it was supposed to be pronounced as one word instead of as See Oh See...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Glad you're enjoying it - and yeppers, Kelly gets plenty of screen time in Three. Paths and choices depending ofc :)

VR suffered a little bit in Two in that there wasn't a lot of game mechanics for the player. All that changes in Three onwards tho were it becomes more of a game.

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I kind of liked it the other way around, honestly... With VR, you got to see Sarah nerding out over the mechanics of VR and of Gloria's exploits in a nice, uninterrupted block (as well as blowing off the player's "but how do I PLAY, Sarah!" struggles), while with CoC, you had short little anecdotes that were interrupted by the dungeon crawl.

For me, CoC may have had more Sarah content, but VR did a better job of showing off her personality.
I suppose that kinda proves my point that opinion is split. Which is nice in a way. Different paths with the same character is slightly unusual I feel and gives the player more choice on what they want to do.

Both paths have their merits ofc and, in VR, it can be played without any of the lewds at all if that's not the players thing. I suppose at the end of the day I want people to play H5 and have enjoyed themselves - no matter what their preferences or playstyle.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes