Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Will you be removing the links to the original once CH3 is out? It'll be all caught up story-wise, so not really much point in keeping it there. Unless of course, you like fielding comments and bug reports from those that try and load saves between the two versions :rolleyes:;)
At that point I can't see the site objecting.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Some people think a couple of balls are important *sage nods*
I realize how it might have come across by using the world ridiculous but I didn't mean to imply that it shouldn't be done, it was more to emphasize the fact that something that would be one or two millimeters in real life can ruin the immersion ;)

Reactions: Nottravis

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Perhaps DA22 is a mole? Could he be Thea?
Nah, you very well know I was her mentor TNT, without the TN. Though insufferable might be right according to some people and I am male so the prick part fits as well. :p Still will be funny to see how many will pick up on the Thea mania for whom it will be new to encounter her story in chapter 3. Guess that part of the News will not have changed Nottravis ? ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Nah, you very well know I was her mentor TNT, without the TN. Though insufferable might be right according to some people and I am male so the prick part fits as well. :p Still will be funny to see how many will pick up on the Thea mania for whom it will be new to encounter her story in chapter 3. Guess that part of the News will not have changed Nottravis ? ;)
Who knows?

Oh...wait...

• Sad
Reactions: DA22

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I don't understand this game dev, it has a little content with three chapters then he started again because?
In short the answer to your question is: The game have been restarted because Nottravis care about her players. She want to give them the best possible visual quality, all the content she planed in her story, and an enjoyable experience ; and when the finished the chapter 3 she had the possibility to finally reach this goal.

This being said, the original chapter 3 is still available, don't hesitate to take a look at it.
And I am totally serious and absolutely not sarcastic while saying this. Everyone who wonder why the game was restarted should play the original version while it's still available, in order to see and decide by himself/herself if it worth it or not.
So far, the return are that there's a real change and improvement, both in the quality, the available content, and the game mechanism. But we are all different, so perhaps that you'll not see it this way ; which is absolutely not a problem.

Even anne O'nymous didn't think the coding was too shabby!
Hmm... My words were : "you did great, really".
There's just no possible comparison between the way you codded the first two chapters and what you did in the future chapter 3. It was the last part that waited to benefit from everything you learned while working on the original version, mostly because you kept the original code to not mess with what was already known by the players.
And now you did it, the remastered version is improved in all the possibles way.

Drako

Jul 6, 2017
In short the answer to your question is: The game have been restarted because Nottravis care about her players. She want to give them the best possible visual quality, all the content she planed in her story, and an enjoyable experience ; and when the finished the chapter 3 she had the possibility to finally reach this goal.

This being said, the original chapter 3 is still available, don't hesitate to take a look at it.
And I am totally serious and absolutely not sarcastic while saying this. Everyone who wonder why the game was restarted should play the original version while it's still available, in order to see and decide by himself/herself if it worth it or not.
So far, the return are that there's a real change and improvement, both in the quality, the available content, and the game mechanism. But we are all different, so perhaps that you'll not see it this way ; which is absolutely
You are a little to late anne, the dev has clarified everything to me and more. but tnx anyway.

So far, the return are that there's a real change and improvement, both in the quality, the available content, and the game mechanism. But we are all different, so perhaps that you'll not see it this way ; which is absolutely not a problem.

Hmm... My words were : "you did great, really".
There's just no possible comparison between the way you codded the first two chapters and what you did in the future chapter 3. It was the last part that waited to benefit from everything you learned while working on the original version, mostly because you kept the original code to not mess with what was already known by the players.
And now you did it, the remastered version is improved in all the possibles way.
You are a little to late anne, the dev has clarified everything to me and more , but tnx anyway.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I was curious if you added any more content during from this last week. Nottravis
I always end up tinkering with it, right up to the last moment. No major content added (except to Chadders stuff which keeps getting added to on the side) but there are lots of little tweaks to the script and content as I sweep through each section again looking for render errors.

Sometimes it's just small adjustments, like amending something in the background, either because it helps foreshadow something coming up or because I've realised there's a slightly better pose or expression or maybe, and this is the most common one, that the script could just do with a couple of extra lines....

A good example of the latter...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I always end up tinkering with it, right up to the last moment. No major content added (except to Chadders stuff which keeps getting added to on the side) but there are lots of little tweaks to the script and content as I sweep through each section again looking for render errors.

Sometimes it's just small adjustments, like amending something in the background, either because it helps foreshadow something coming up or because I've realised there's a slightly better pose or expression or maybe, and this is the most common one, that the script could just do with a couple of extra lines....

A good example of the latter...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes