F1forhalp

4th St. Niteowls - Because Of Once Upon A Time
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Jesus...I've got to get some video editing software for next time.
how heavy do you want that software to be? may have something lying around wich i don't need anymore.
i mean, stuff that goes beyond that MS movie maker..

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
how heavy do you want that software to be? may have something lying around wich i don't need anymore.
i mean, stuff that goes beyond that MS movie maker..
Anything better than me using freebie online music cutters? Trying to get the audio to the exact same length as the video using one of those wasn't fun. Trust me.

But nothing too heavy? Still a bit of a novice at all this despite what I sometimes get Renpy to do. :) I worry the day I find out just how tricky some of the coding I do is...I'll freeze and be scared to do it!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Anything better than me using freebie online music cutters? Trying to get the audio to the exact same length as the video using one of those wasn't fun. Trust me.

But nothing too heavy? Still a bit of a novice at all this despite what I sometimes get Renpy to do. :) I worry the day I find out just how tricky some of the coding I do is...I'll freeze and be scared to do it!
Personally, I really like the old Sony Vegas, but they sold it a while back, and the new company wants a lot more money for it. If you can find a copy of 13, it was a nice one.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
..Vegas rings a bell, i should check what version i have on the shelf. been a while.
else, maybe check Magix Movie Maker, that used to be a freebie some time ago. not a full blown Howlywood style 6-dozen-channel cinema editor, but had quite a number of functions. idk if they have a 64bit edidion though.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Oh God even though I've never done any coding or something like that, that feeling is so relatable xD
Afraid to try your luck with some new software that you have no experience with because you know you're gonna get overwhelmed and it's gonna be so much work to get familiar with it. I got that feeling for example with music composition software...

But I think the rational mind knows that it's probably worth the work because once you're familiar with better, more powerful software, it'll just save you so much time.

Reactions: Nottravis

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
ok apparently, there are downloads of the second most recent Magix Video Deluxe 2020 for free.
can't provide the direct link, because my search from behind a proxy gives me only czech, dutch and german pages of magix.com which ain't helpful to begin with, but shows they have the free version in a number of languages.
still has multichannel audio-on-video mixer and all that jazz, syncable, lots of filters, i'd say worth a shot.

*edit* the newer versions are mostly 30-day tryouts which become full version after you bought a serial# t.t

Last edited:
Reactions: Nottravis and DA22

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
ok apparently, there are downloads of the second most recent Magix Video Deluxe 2020 for free.
can't provide the direct link, because my search from behind a proxy gives me only czech, dutch and german pages of magix.com which ain't helpful to begin with, but shows they have the free version in a number of languages.
still has multichannel audio-on-video mixer and all that jazz, syncable, lots of filters, i'd say worth a shot.

*edit* the newer versions are mostly 30-day tryouts which become full version after you bought a serial# t.t

Appreciated. I'll check it out next week once I've got shot of this one.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
you may also want to look at Davinci Resolve 16 they have a free version for download, but you have to sign up.
required: name, email, phone, country not sure if you like that. it's blackmagicdesign.com.
all in all a quite more complex option to the previous.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
These are what I've recommended and have spare keys for:

This is the video software - Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate ( )

This is the photo software - PaintShop® Pro Ultimate ( )

Reactions: F1forhalp

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
likes. always preferred PSP over concurrent products back in my heydays.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
*actually thought they were talking about playstations for a mo...*
*giggles*

never used anything other than computers for gaming. aaand found a silly computer zine to download Davinci without registration, will check out if it's multilang tomorrow. power nap time!

• Red Heart

primerib1

Jul 8, 2020

May I recommend ?

It already has wonderful abilities ... and it's completely free! You *have* to register the software, but no need to pay anything.

I've been using it to edit my "Let's Play" game recordings.

My brother, on the other hand, swore by , a free & open source video editor.

Reactions: DA22 and Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
May I recommend ?

It already has wonderful abilities ... and it's completely free! You *have* to register the software, but no need to pay anything.

I've been using it to edit my "Let's Play" game recordings.

My brother, on the other hand, swore by , a free & open source video editor.
Thanks for both of these. Appreciated. I'll check out next week.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
regarding Davinci; the installer i've acquired yesterday is actrually running in english, but it wants a number of additional installs i'm not willing to do on this system, like Visual C++ 2010 x86 libraries, Davinci Resolve Panels, Blackmagic RAW player and Davinci Resolve keyboards.
can't have that on a sanitized Win 7 box, nono. not on my watch! FART.GIF

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Nottravis

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

I never did much video work, but back when I dipped into it occasionally, I used for quick and easy edit jobs (esp. for mucking with video and audio tracks, which seems to be what you're after).
I know it's still being regularly updated, but it may have been outpaced by some of the alternatives mentioned upstream.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
no sweat, i'm used to get blamed, and taking the blame. hey, i've even got paid for it on occasion.
Shotcut btw is fully free, under GNU public license. not tested, have to cleanse from that other install first.
waifu all mad.. should have used the W10 junkware as test instead. herk.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes