Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Now I'm just feeling daft for not asking this a week ago! Thanks everyone. It really is appreciated, especially as I keep stretching what I'm trying to do with H5, I find my knowledge being outpaced by my technical needs.

But I've a hell of a range to choose from there but at least it'll keep me busy checking them out post the release of Three :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You can also if you are feeling a bit more "Arr Matey" get the adobe creative suite with everything and find a way to deal the cloud sign in, so you aren't blocked/charged. Comes with audio, video, image, effects, etc type programs.

Reactions: Nottravis

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well first, there won't be any tentative release.
Chapter three remastered will be released when it's ready according to Notty's high standards.. Also meaning there won't be any sub patch releases like 3.01, 3.02 etc!
Concerning the patch that's not really a promise anyone can make even with high standards and extensive quality control some bugs could still creep up with a game of this complexity, after all there is a chance that some scenes went unseen by every single tester ;)

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
I just started the game a few minutes ago. One minor thing respectfully passed on for consideration.

Options available to the MC so far involved more or less adhering to military protocol but he is getting the protocol wrong.

Military personnel doesn't salute indoors (or onboard) except when formally reporting to an officer, such as when called to the commander's office or...as in the case of the MC, when reporting to his new ship. A lieutenant in any branch of service in any nation would not order someone to salute him indoors/onboard since he would be breaching protocol, unless he were in his office and the lower rank was reporting to him.

A salute is maintained until the officer either returns the salute or tells you to drop it.

When reporting to a new ship, he shouldn't stop to chat with anyone. He needs to make a b-line to the commander of the ship and say, "Lieutenant MainCharacter reporting as ordered, sir." Salute and wait for the response. He is not free to go anywhere on the ship until the commander welcomes him aboard.

Just minor things vets notice when we see them done incorrectly in civilian life. Simple things like saluting or when to wear your hat become deeply ingrained and it's jarring when we see them misused, mishandled, or disrespected. But we know to a civilian, none of that means a thing. Just saying though...we notice.

Takes 30 seconds to Google stuff nowadays, so all this info is easy to find if you are interested in accuracy!

F1forhalp

4th St. Niteowls - Because Of Once Upon A Time
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
oh erhm they never said which military and what exactly their standards are, when which ones changed and all that. i for instance know military groups that never salute. you don't expose higher-ups like that. also there may or may not be a time window in which to report. there's more, remote posts may adapt the standards to 'blend in' with environment and so on. i wouldn't take it too close to the point. at ease.

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
We aren't talking about members in a hot zone or battlefield. Military on the field are not allowed to salute a superior office when in the theater unless ordered to do so. There is no vagueness or subjectivity to military procedures as hard as that is for civilians to accept. There's a procedure for every circumstance. Google it.

Salute protocol is identical in every country in every branch in the world as a matter of military courtesy so, sorry...that argument doesn't apply. The French enlisted soldier needs to know when and how to salute the Japanese naval officer. The when are all the same everywhere. HOW may be different by country. For example, American's salute palm inward and downward. The British salute palm out. But we all salute at the same times and places. We have to. It's military protocol.

I'm just saying, we notice. And I understand it's not important to you, F1forhalp. That's fine. At ease.
While I generally agree with you, we also have to take into account that this is happening in the future.

While military certainly values tradition and sticks to it as much as possible, things still change with time. In most cases due to strictly practical reasons but it wouldn't be such a stretch to assume that saluting indoors became a thing because space naval personnel spend vast majority of their time indoors or something similar...

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
We aren't talking about members in a hot zone or battlefield. Military on the field are not allowed to salute a superior office when in the theater unless ordered to do so. There is no vagueness or subjectivity to military procedures as hard as that is for civilians to accept. There's a procedure for every circumstance. Google it.
This isn't a military sci-fi VN, this is a sci-fi vn with a bit of space navy themes and sexy content. It does not need to be 100% accurate with regards to a minor thing as saluting. Now if this was to be a historical non-fiction VN I could understand the need to be accurate.

Honestly just sit back and enjoy the game. :)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes