Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Alright, following the testing all that is really left now is for me to correct a few graphical issues; stick it all together and compress the hell out of it - then let the boys have one more go to ensure I haven't fucked up the "sticky together bit".

Later than I like, but...any time before the end of the week looks certain now.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say you have a full days play on a single path.

And remember this is a game with no grind or repeating actions....just pure content. Oh....and 86 paths....

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Alright, following the testing all that is really left now is for me to correct a few graphical issues; stick it all together and compress the hell out of it - then let the boys have one more go to ensure I haven't fucked up the "sticky together bit".

I'm going to stick my neck out and say you have a full days play on a single path.

And remember this is a game with no grind or repeating actions....just pure content. Oh....and 86 paths....
Sounds good, looking forward to my renewed acquaintance with chapter 3 and all new things. :)

brody990

Jun 11, 2017

yeah but chapter 4 when?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
yeah but chapter 4 when?
Well do not expect a chapter within 3 months unless you can hand over an nvidia 3090 card with strong computer to Notty. :p The amount of renders in this chapter is insane and knowing Notty there will be even more in chapter 4. :eek:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well do not expect a chapter within 3 months unless you can hand over an nvidia 3090 card with strong computer to Notty. :p The amount of renders in this chapter is insane and knowing Notty there will be even more in chapter 4. :eek:
Ballpark needed for Four is 13,500 renders and with only one machine...

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

brody990

Jun 11, 2017

yeah it was a joke... mostly.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I knew you were smart. :p

brody990 I know you might not be serious since three is to come out, but Notty does tend to take it more serious as she should since she wishes she was way faster, even if we try to keep telling her she is actually delivering quite fast considering the amount of content and the complexity of the game. She is doing already more than her best.

Reactions: NeimadFR

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Hey Notty.

Did any of the suggestions for the software help?

=====
Also Big Navi (AMD) should have a press conference on Oct 28th, so maybe a 3090 competitor for cheaper. To help with those 20k renders.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey Notty.

=====
Also Big Navi (AMD) should have a press conference on Oct 28th, so maybe a 3090 competitor for cheaper. To help with those 20k renders.
Though AMD def has come close to Nvidia for gaming computer video cards, I understood that especially for rendering and such there was still quite a difference. So maybe we will see competitors for the 3070 and possibly 3080 and maybe for the missing 3060, but I would not expect it for the 3090.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Hey Notty.

=====
Though AMD def has come close to Nvidia for gaming computer video cards, I understood that especially for rendering and such there was still quite a difference. So maybe we will see competitors for the 3070 and possibly 3080 and maybe for the missing 3060, but I would not expect it for the 3090.
Also - Daz studio uses the IRay renderer which requires an Nvidia card. :(

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
so let's say you get Nivida 30 series , how far will this help the game ? like it should take 2 months but now it will take 1 ? or the waiting will be still the same ?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
so let's say you get Nivida 30 series , how far will this help the game ? like it should take 2 months but now it will take 1 ? or the waiting will be still the same ?
Well Notty is a perfectionist, so she will always have the habit when she can do more, also to do more like making renders with 5 people at same time and a complex background if she got a 3090 and longer animations. :p Just see it as an option for her to stay at about three months in future, since future chapters will only be bigger based upon what she has written out already. To make real speed gains she would likely need a second computer as well and that would always be mitigated by her being able to include more of what she could do extra with better tools.

Edit: Her goal is in the end with Heavy Five to make the best game she can, more as the most financial successful or the most timely. :p Though she would love if could do those two things at same time.

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Well Notty is a perfectionist, so she will always have the habit when she can do more, also to do more like making renders with 5 people at same time and a complex background if she got a 3090 and longer animations. :p Just see it as an option for her to stay at about three months in future, since future chapters will only be bigger based upon what she has written out already. To make real speed gains she would likely need a second computer as well and that would always be mitigated by her being able to include more of what she could do extra with better tools.
Yeah realistically we know that if she gets bigger toys she'll likely spend about the same amount of time but with eveything better

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If I can double the render speed - I'll halve the delivery time more or less. The majority of the render frames are for animations so once I have it set up it's just waiting for it to go whirr whirr and flop a render on the pile. The large number of frames are down to a combination of a large number of animations together with minimal use of repeating loops. The showcase lewd ani in this chapter, for example, is over 1,700 frames in size alone. For Four there is one animation I would love to do - but I'd be looking at over 4,000s frame to do it properly so might need to scale back - we'll see.

Going forward I'm torn between getting another PC or a faster card as my next move. But I suspect that's a long way off in either case.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well Notty is a perfectionist.....

Edit: Her goal is in the end with Heavy Five to make the best game she can, more as the most financial successful or the most timely. :p Though she would love if could do those two things at same time.
This sums it up nicely tbh :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes