Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
nothing against a dev heavily bent on quality. i'm all in for that.
I thought "fuck it". If I'm going to make a game - then I'm going to make a bloody good one. Otherwise what's the point y'know?

My testers can tell you tales of me ripping the guts out of the game and redoing it because I thought the gameplay was clunky and not fun, or re-rendering completed scenes all over again because I could make them better *drives them mad*

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Alright, following the testing all that is really left now is for me to correct a few graphical issues; stick it all together and compress the hell out of it - then let the boys have one more go to ensure I haven't fucked up the "sticky together bit".

Later than I like, but...any time before the end of the week looks certain now.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say you have a full days play on a single path.

And remember this is a game with no grind or repeating actions....just pure content. Oh....and 86 paths....
Only 86? Did we lose some, or is that just so far? :ROFLMAO:
Well do not expect a chapter within 3 months unless you can hand over an nvidia 3090 card with strong computer to Notty. :p The amount of renders in this chapter is insane and knowing Notty there will be even more in chapter 4. :eek:
The hard part is not even affording them, it is finding a legit one for sale somewhere! Damn scalpers!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
With two computers you can pose on one and then send it to the other to render and then continue working to add more to the render queue.
It'd be the ideal I reckon. Or even just use one as a render slave for the animations whilst I did everything else on the other.

But we're a way off having to worry about that right now. Let's see what the future brings and then decide.

Reactions: Krynh and TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
yeah but chapter 4 when?
Oddly enough this is something I've been giving a lot of thought to - and something the testing phase has crystallized.

C3 is huge. The section before the free-roam has taken somewhere between two to four hours alone to play (path depending) and ofc then we have freeroam and then the evening choices - and each of those are substantial by themselves. The poor testers have been at it for days and there is still (as of last night) content they hadn't found/played.

So whereas at the moment it seems as though I take an age to release anything and we've had a four month gap since the last release - in actually C3 is easily the equivalent of six months, if not more, monthly updates of other games and, given the stage I'm at in terms of support etc, I need and want more exposure in order to get the kit I need. If I'm going to make the 4,000 frame ani's I want, I need more power.

So I'm going to be going to a modular process instead. Releasing the chapter in parts as and when distinct modules are completed. I suspect there'll be a small gap between the release of Three and the first part of Four but after that I'll be kicking stuff out every month.

I'll work out the details post C3 release.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Nottravis
Do you help on the testing phase?

Like giving a document on what should happen/be found in what areas? Thus you can make sure everything gets gone through.
She mainly asks us: "did you see x scene?" "have you fought the dragon?" "did anyone go back to talk to x after y happened?"
On our side, what we do is play the beta as much as we can and raise flags when there's a missing image, a script error, some switch that didn't trigger, etc.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Nottravis
Do you help on the testing phase?

Like giving a document on what should happen/be found in what areas? Thus you can make sure everything gets gone through.
Nope. For two reasons.

Mainly as I want them to experience it as players would. If I give them a list I don't really get a feel for things like whether the tutorial explains things properly; or the new mechanics being easy to understand; or understanding what players will try to do. H5 isn't just a VN and I treat the gameplay aspects very seriously to the extent where I will keep re-working mechanics to get them as good as I can for the player.

Dropping them in at the deep end gives me a pretty good understanding over whether the game works as a game.

Secondly, it's bad enough they have to spend hours playing this without it being polished. If I gave them a list then they'd have no surprises, discoveries etc. It would be like seeing the Terminator 2 trailer, before seeing the film.

But as Huitieme says I nudge them afterwards to check things they've missed/not experienced.

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
its been a year i didnt play this game , i wanna ask the remastered its that good ?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes