Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Just wondering, where does whole modeling/rendering process sit for you on scale of "Fun Hobby" to "Tedius Chore" ?

I got curious because, once again, I got myself thinking I might make an AVN. So, I went to look at what kind of computer one might buy for that purpose, and somewhere between learning about the difference between CPU rendering vs GPU rendering, higher clock-speeds vs more cores, and all the names of different processors that all just look like a garble of numbers and letters to me I finally realized something vital: I am not at all interested in learning all of that!

I read "C++ For Dummies" mostly for fun. Programming is interesting to me. It's like the freedom of writing meets the absolute truth of math. It's glorious! I am not excited, however, about understanding the differences between all the hardware elements and trying to custom build a rig for modeling and a slave for rendering-- GAH! It turns my brain to mush. It's like when my friends start talking about car engines and I'm like, "I think Corvettes are pretty."

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Just wondering, where does whole modeling/rendering process sit for you on scale of "Fun Hobby" to "Tedius Chore" ?

I got curious because, once again, I got myself thinking I might make an AVN. So, I went to look at what kind of computer one might buy for that purpose, and somewhere between learning about the difference between CPU rendering vs GPU rendering, higher clock-speeds vs more cores, and all the names of different processors that all just look like a garble of numbers and letters to me I finally realized something vital: I am not at all interested in learning all of that!

I read "C++ For Dummies" mostly for fun. Programming is interesting to me. It's like the freedom of writing meets the absolute truth of math. It's glorious! I am not excited, however, about understanding the differences between all the hardware elements and trying to custom build a rig for modeling and a slave for rendering-- GAH! It turns my brain to mush. It's like when my friends start talking about car engines and I'm like, "I think Corvettes are pretty."
Now I have the power I enjoy rendering and animating a lot :) Ofc it is a struggle with the one machine and I'm looking to having two just so I can show you guys what I can really do.

But thinking of your situation it depends on what you want to make and how shiny you want to make it tbh. But never, ever do CPU rendering. It's possible but a single render could take all day. But I digress.

You saw the earlier H5. That was made on a 1050 and then a 1060 card. You can get a PC out of the box for that for around £600, sometimes less if you shop around. But the card determines everything. How quickly it renders, how complex the lighting can be and how many assets it can hold (each card has a memory limitation with the smaller cards usually having less). Each render took me somewhere between 30 mins and an hour and looked....not great, although some of that was a lack of experience as I learned as I went.

Even so for some games that would be fine. Tbh even something like the stills in Milfy City could be made on that. If you look at most of the room designs they are very simple especially the house.

But I use a lot of assets per scene. The bar lounge alone has well over 70 and that's before people are in there. Add to that complex lighting, a pile of reflective glass etc and....things start getting demanding. I also make a lot of renders. Over 2,000 stills and over 8,000 animation frames for Chapter Three alone. A single PC with a 2080 card cost me around £2,800 so that's one hell of a jump in price as well as specs. But the 2080 can handle (most of the time) the demands I place on it and renders take no longer than twenty minutes, sometimes half that in most cases.

There are other things to consider ofc. Memory etc. But out of the box usually has that covered sufficiently to operate.

So before you think of hardware, decide what game you want to make and the render needs. That will then tell you what hardware you want/need. OBvs I'm talking minimum spec here. It goes without saying that the more power you have card wise the easier it is regardless.

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks for the bug reports. All fixed. Sorry for taking my time but new ones kept getting reported (usually just after I finished a rebuild...). None of them were major of course but vexing all the same. One of the problems with a game with so many paths and combinations is that some errors can be deeply hidden and may only trigger if the player has an odd combination of decisions. Anyhoo. Done.

I've also whomped through all three chapters scripts with some help and corrected the odd typo that had been lurking around from the start.

Given there is a version leaked on here anyway, I'll ask the mods to replace it with the final one in due course.

Last edited:

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - Ophelia
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I see so ur basicly taking others their wife alright thanks for giving me the answer mate
well i wouldn't call it ntr if mentioned woman wants to check outside of her marriage. it's more like she wants something you might provide. been there, done that, including a broken nose to prove it.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
1-9-19.. hmm, coincidence? or

.. passcode..
... or the pincode of Notty's credit card?
.. or should we look up the digits in the alphabet? 1=a, 9=i.. mhmm: ai-ai

:unsure:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
One of the problems with a game with so many paths and combinations is that some errors can be deeply hidden and may only trigger if the player has an odd combination of decisions.
Curiosity strikes, but do you use some kind of flow charting/diagram software to map out all possible paths? How do you keep track of this? I've been a software developer for the better part of my career until I had to quit due to a stroke, but my office walls were always almost completely covered with charts and flow diagrams to map out all of the decision trees in the code.

Reactions: Oddball2k

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Curiosity strikes, but do you use some kind of flow charting/diagram software to map out all possible paths? How do you keep track of this? I've been a software developer for the better part of my career until I had to quit due to a stroke, but my office walls were always almost completely covered with charts and flow diagrams to map out all of the decision trees in the code.
You'd be horrified...trust me! But no, not software based. Very old school in this regard.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

It's been doing the rounds in some quarters since the weekend, and after a few tweaks is now out more generally.

It's a rather simple "throw together" as a fan friendly gift following some requests. In order to make it work as a stand alone module and without the story paths about a third of the content had to be cut out and a lot of routines have been made simpler.

Also, with this being a quick bonus piece for the girls as to an actual production, you'll appreciate I haven't re-rendered Chris` images so some of her hand movements are...not quite appropriate :) So, I'd ask you not to judge this as a full piece of work.

All that said it does have it's merits. Worth a look for girls who like Chris...

Gents would be better off ignoring this and playing the full version in-game. Truly.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes