Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Notty, check your notes; you missed a peculiar trope. MC havng amnesia or needing weekly doc check-ups for his progessive Biggus Dicus Syndromus Mutantus
I did, oddly enough, have a line like that in this Chapter when talking to Doctor Jones (in a mickey taking way of course) but given this chapt I'm already poking fun at another game and, indeed, myself (twice!) I thought it would be a stretch. :)

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I did, oddly enough, have a line like that in this Chapter when talking to Doctor Jones (in a mickey taking way of course) but given this chapt I'm already poking fun at another game and, indeed, myself (twice!) I thought it would be a stretch. :)
just remember... once you make fun of all thropes, don't drop the mike... microphones are expensive

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Indeedy! But speaking of games and chapters..

So whilst I'm sat here keeping an eye on the render hamster, I'm also polishing up the scripts for the last chapters. (well it gives me something to do, no?) and this leads to me to a question. An unfair one I know and one perhaps better asked once you've played Chapter Two. But, I'm already thinking broadly about my next project.

The first is a fem protag game about a pirate gal and her adventures, which would be in third person view as opposed to POV. This was originally called the "Sea Witch" but is now named after the character in one of Sarah's books (I was amused by the idea of me having my own shared universe!) so would now be the "Scarlet Pirate" instead.

The other option would be a second season of Heavy Five. It dawned on me that re-reading the ending....well, yeah a second season would be a possibility for sure.

They would need to be some cast changes for sure of course.

Any early thoughts?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

So whilst I'm sat here keeping an eye on the render hamster, I'm also polishing up the scripts for the last chapters. (well it gives me something to do, no?) and this leads to me to a question. An unfair one I know and one perhaps better asked once you've played Chapter Two. But, I'm already thinking broadly about my next project.

The first is a fem protag game about a pirate gal and her adventures, which would be in third person view as opposed to POV. This was originally called the "Sea Witch" but is now named after the character in one of Sarah's books (I was amused by the idea of me having my own shared universe!) so would now be the "Scarlet Pirate" instead.

The other option would be a second season of Heavy Five. It dawned on me that re-reading the ending....well, yeah a second season would be a possibility for sure.

Any early thoughts?
as long as you keep up with your attention to details. I'd love to play both.
yet... I have to remarks...in the Scarlet Pirate, limt the number of creeps that try to corrupt the heroine... that shit is overdone
for heavy five season 2... assuming you are an outliner and use the 3 act method. I would recommend moving things beyond Ophion... to let the players see the bigger picture of the universe

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
as long as you keep up with your attention to details. I'd love to play both.
yet... I have to remarks...in the Scarlet Pirate, limt the number of creeps that try to corrupt the heroine... that shit is overdone
for heavy five season 2... assuming you are an outliner and use the 3 act method. I would recommend moving things beyond Ophion... to let the players see the bigger picture of the universe
Good points both. No, the SP would be looking to break the trope-mold again of course.

As to H5 season two, the settings would be very different indeed. But maybe I need to ask later on. Just whilst I was chained to the pc, I was tempted to start sketching things out.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I'm already thinking broadly about my next project.

Any early thoughts?
I think that is a bit too tough a question to ask this early, especially since the player lacks knowledge of the ending.

The VR book being shared universe kind of also doesn't share one, since it is VR which can be anything.

I would say at this moment either is fine, and you might come up with some other ideas, or small one offs, something akin to how others do Holiday specials.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Any early thoughts?
From my point of view, it's simple. I would like to play the sequel.

It took only one chapter for you to create a setting that is more compelling, more detailed and more thought out than any other I've seen in adult games. I'm pretty sure I will be yearning to explore it further by the end.:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I think that is a bit too tough a question to ask this early, especially since the player lacks knowledge of the ending.

The VR book being shared universe kind of also doesn't share one, since it is VR which can be anything.

I would say at this moment either is fine, and you might come up with some other ideas, or small one offs, something akin to how others do Holiday specials.
Aye it was a bit of a stupid question I concede. Just twiddling my thumbs whilst render cranking didn't seem terribly productive. Oh and my apologies for being unclear. Sarah's books are books. Electronic for sure but not VR.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Any early thoughts?
I think most would answer that they would prefer a sequel (I'm among them btw), since H5 already proved to be a more than an interesting project, so it's normal we would like more of it. Especially if some of the favorite characters will be returning. On the other hand I'm quite sure that you would create a similarly engaging pirate tale, but given the fact that I'm already invested in H5 story I'd choose another space adventure over brand new one (plus I was never a fan of pirate stories, so on paper this idea doesn't sound all that great to me).

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
From my point of view, it's simple. I would like to play the sequel.

It took only one chapter for you to create a setting that is more compelling, more detailed and more thought out than any other I've seen in adult games. I'm pretty sure I will be yearning to explore it further by the end.:)
*has no words*

You realise Chapter One is the boring one, yes?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I think most would answer that they would prefer a sequel (I'm among them btw), since H5 already proved to be a more than an interesting project, so it's normal we would like more of it. Especially if some of the favorite characters will be returning. On the other hand I'm quite sure that you would create a similarly engaging pirate tale, but given the fact that I'm already invested in H5 story I'd choose another space adventure over brand new one (plus I was never a fan of pirate stories, so on paper this idea doesn't sound all that great to me).

And grateful for the response. It's really useful asking you guys this sort of thing as a temperature check.

The worse thing about writing H5 pre release was I had no idea what anyone would make of it. At least now I'm not just talking to myself:)

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017

I'm going to have to agree with that it's too early to tell. Even so I will fully echo what @Mister_M and @Alikamari said. I can say that I'm definitely planning on following and engaging myself in any future project you might have, whatever it might be.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Aye it was a bit of a stupid question I concede. Just twiddling my thumbs whilst render cranking didn't seem terribly productive. Oh and my apologies for being unclear. Sarah's books are books. Electronic for sure but not VR.
Ah, figured it was off the VR stuff in the Bored Pilot and her Games which she invites you for.

Other than the 1 off telling her not to play games, I figured her book reading might be a joke, since everyone treats her as a dumb cheerleader.

-----

I personally give most games a trial, be it for the laughable engrish, the kinks, story or mechanics. In the sci-fi universe on here, I think only 2 to 3 others that are ongoing have a good story, so it makes yours as of now a better spending of my time.

As an actual opinion I would do as I mentioned, a one off. Something that is both open and closed ended, so if people like it you can continue, if not then it had a clean cut and you can move onto something else.

Expanded universes are cool, just need a very strong grip or very loose grip on them to make them work.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'm going to have to agree with that it's too early to tell. Even so I will fully echo what @Mister_M and @Alikamari said. I can say that I'm definitely planning on following and engaging myself in any future project you might have, whatever it might be.
Aye, it was a bit silly to ask now :)

But thank you for your kind words.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Ah, figured it was off the VR stuff in the Bored Pilot and her Games which she invites you for.

Other than the 1 off telling her not to play games, I figured her book reading might be a joke, since everyone treats her as a dumb cheerleader.

-----

I personally give most games a trial, be it for the laughable engrish, the kinks, story or mechanics. In the sci-fi universe on here, I think only 2 to 3 others that are ongoing have a good story, so it makes yours as of now a better spending of my time.

As an actual opinion I would do as I mentioned, a one off. Something that is both open and closed ended, so if people like it you can continue, if not then it had a clean cut and you can move onto something else.

Expanded universes are cool, just need a very strong grip or very loose grip on them to make them work.
Aye Rah-rah can come across like that but she's a pretty heavy reader in her spare time. Alright she doesn't read Kafka...;)

Hrm......But the one off is intriguing.

I might do a side project in slack time for release whenever it gets finished and see how it's received. A small hour long jobbie...

*mulls this*

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes