Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
you are usually a badass running around grabbing every ass you see saying "its good to be the king."
There is a probability that MC won't be a badass at the end, maybe only slightly more wise about the cruel universe around him. That makes me think if there'll be a sequel with the same MC will then only one H5 ending be canonical?

Other option is to start with a brand new character and reintroduce MC from the previous game as a guest character in some capacity.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
There is a probability that MC won't be a badass at the end, maybe only slightly more wise about the cruel universe around him. That makes me think if there'll be a sequel with the same MC will then only one H5 ending be canonical?
It could be built exactly on the choices done before. Basically just more chapters.

Reactions: Nottravis

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
This is a game/vn slightly based in reality, you aren't casting Ultima, or running the largest battleship in the fleet. As of now you are a ground engineer on a shitty barely manned planet. You may do some things but if the fleet decides to court-martial your ass and lock you up for 10 years, fuck all you can do about it.

Losing everything especially if you go down a dark path makes sense.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Chaps, thanks.

You all make some very valid points and you have some justifiable concerns. If not handled correctly a sequel could indeed be a disaster...

...but I wouldn't let that happen.

I trust you'll forgive me for not answering point by point (on my phone as the render hamster squeaks away) and quotes etc are a nightmare to do right.

IF, and it is an if, it were to be a sequel it would be the same protag. I say that for although the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger, it does end in a cracking way. I'll be honest and share, the ending popped into my head one day. I suddenly had an image of the very last scene - and that's what made me write the game. Now, this doesn't mean your story is fixed, but the arc is. Your choices do indeed matter. Who you romance, whether the mission is a success, what happens to and on Ophion, indeed whether even everyone even survives (and some you may decide you don't want to...) is all down to you. But your MC is not the only player in this game...

IF it were to be a sequel there would be no hard reset. I have a way to make the choices roll over story wise in a logical way that is actually manageable from a dev point but I'm finding your concerns to be really interesting. This is a superb sense check of will it work, is this what they'd want, which by myself I would be merely guessing or perhaps even missing a trick.

Please do carry on discussing this if you wish - I'm finding it really useful.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
IF it were to be a sequel there would be no hard reset. I have a way to make the choices roll over story wise in a logical way that is actually manageable from a dev point but I'm finding your concerns to be really interesting. This is a superb sense check of will it work, is this what they'd want, which by myself I would be merely guessing or perhaps even missing a trick.
good... good...
IF, and it is an if, it were to be a sequel it would be the same protag. I say that for although the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger, it does end in a cracking way. I'll be honest and share, the ending popped into my head one day.
you aren't Stepahnie Meyer?
Who you romance,
the hardest choice since it will be affected by interactions with other... and that bloody article 37
whether even everyone even survives (and some you may decide you don't want to...)
@GhostPhil take note

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well, I was kind of running wild in all directions, second guessing everything almost immediately.

There are obviously too many unknown variables, but just to reflect on some of what I've said before, I wouldn't mind a continuation with the same MC. It can definitely be better than a new character if done well.:)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Chaps, thanks.

You all make some very valid points and you have some justifiable concerns. If not handled correctly a sequel could indeed be a disaster...

...but I wouldn't let that happen.

I trust you'll forgive me for not answering point by point (on my phone as the render hamster squeaks away) and quotes etc are a nightmare to do right.

IF, and it is an if, it were to be a sequel it would be the same protag. I say that for although the story doesn't end on a cliffhanger, it does end in a cracking way. I'll be honest and share, the ending popped into my head one day. I suddenly had an image of the very last scene - and that's what made me write the game. Now, this doesn't mean your story is fixed, but the arc is. Your choices do indeed matter. Who you romance, whether the mission is a success, what happens to and on Ophion, indeed whether even everyone even survives (and some you may decide you don't want to...) is all down to you. But your MC is not the only player in this game...

Please do carry on discussing this if you wish - I'm finding it really useful.
I don't expect the MC to be a Paul Atreides (Dune) and become the Messiah of Ophion, maybe a Kane (C&C) version. In reality though the MC will still be a low end Grunt Engineer (who is actually the Team Fortress 2 Spy) and won't need a "reset" to basic humanly powers (not including some Akira experimentation of course).

As a person who likes Plan A - F, while waiting on your render hamster, and maybe if you get an upgraded render gerbil, write it out, and slowly build up the stories.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I don't expect the MC to be a Paul Atreides (Dune) and become the Messiah of Ophion, maybe a Kane (C&C) version. In reality though the MC will still be a low end Grunt Engineer (who is actually the Team Fortress 2 Spy) and won't need a "reset" to basic humanly powers (not including some Akira experimentation of course).

As a person who likes Plan A - F, while waiting on your render hamster, and maybe if you get an upgraded render gerbil, write it out, and slowly build up the stories.
or the conflict could take place on a bigger scale... maybe some old friend from the infantry went missing on a patrol mission and MC decides to investigate his/her disappearance. It turns out the governemt is experimenting on genetics and cybernetics

Reactions: TheDevian

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
or the conflict could take place on a bigger scale... maybe some old friend from the infantry went missing on a patrol mission and MC decides to investigate his/her disappearance. It turns out the government is experimenting on genetics and cybernetics
That can only mean the Illuminati made it to space and want some Deus Ex Machina to take over the galaxy. I hope the MC's good friend J.C. Denton is up to the task of stopping this plot.

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Oh true enough. It's just I'm at a loose end rendering so spitballing :)
Yeah, fair enough.

That can only mean the Illuminati made it to space and want some Deus Ex Machina to take over the galaxy. I hope the MC's good friend J.C. Denton is up to the task of stopping this plot.
Stopping a plot to experiment with cybernetics? Why in Gods name would you want to do that? Clearly one should establish a highly advanced colony on Mars based around cybernetic experimentation and heavy industry, cut off all contact, and let the population slowly transform into a cult who base their faith on the things keeping them alive on Mars: technology. And after that? BOOM, you got yourself some pretty neat looking dudes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yeah, fair enough.

Stopping a plot to experiment with cybernetics? Why in Gods name would you want to do that? Clearly one should establish a highly advanced colony on Mars based around cybernetic experimentation and heavy industry, cut off all contact, and let the population slowly transform into a cult who base their faith on the things keeping them alive on Mars: technology. And after that? BOOM, you got yourself some pretty neat looking dudes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I use Mars mainly for demon worship. Have to bring DOOM to the populace somehow.

Reactions: Nottravis
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes