somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Some news :)
Well, she can come back to that scene at the end of the game, pretty up all those things that she couldn't before. End chapter comes out with a huge changelog also showing fixing up of everything she wants from earlier, maybe have a Mic drop animation. Then obviously the announcement of a vacation to a jaffa cake factory and whatever the next game may be.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Seems like I found this game at just the right time. I'll be hitting the end of the Ch3 content as Ch4 hits.

On the other hand....
WTH is this Dev doing to my brain???

I never go for the air-head, if the story has one.
It's not just 'not attractive', where I can rely on her other attractive qualities to 'add up'.
It's a turn-off for me. "Oh, she's hot... opp.. air-head.. yeah, buh-bye."

But... I really like Sarah :love:
She's, like, totes...
I'm so confused o_O

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Seems like I found this game at just the right time. I'll be hitting the end of the Ch3 content as Ch4 hits.

On the other hand....
WTH is this Dev doing to my brain???

I never go for the air-head, if the story has one.
It's not just 'not attractive', where I can rely on her other attractive qualities to 'add up'.
It's a turn-off for me. "Oh, she's hot... opp.. air-head.. yeah, buh-bye."

But... I really like Sarah :love:
She's, like, totes...
I'm so confused o_O
The thing is she's not your standard airhead. We see glimpse of above average intelligence from time to time so she's a bit of a mystery.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Well, since it's been established that Sarah will have her time to shine, I really hope there is some content with Annie since I feel she was a bit sidelined in chapter 3.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
The thing is she's not your standard airhead. We see glimpse of above average intelligence from time to time so she's a bit of a mystery.
Yeah. I'd gotten that feeling about her before I'd gotten through my exploratory run though (where I just get a feel for what's what and who's who) of the first chapter.

The constant string of innuendo. In my view it was either:
A) A sign of of *very* sharp mind playing dumb / mischievous.
B) I was supposed to believe she was just accidently doing it.

Now, a little accidental innuendo. Sure, easy to believe.
But *that* much? The odds of anyone doing that accidentally would have strained my suspension of disbelief way past the breaking point.
And the quality I was seeing suggested to me that the author was probably too good to make that mistake.
So I gave a little faith and went with the idea that it was option A.
Started my 1st 'real' playthrough focusing on Sarah.
Not regretting it. :cool:

She's adorable!
And.. Brill :love:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah. I'd gotten that feeling about her before I'd gotten through my exploratory run though (where I just get a feel for what's what and who's who) of the first chapter.

The constant string of innuendo. In my view it was either:
A) A sign of of *very* sharp mind playing dumb / mischievous.
B) I was supposed to believe she was just accidently doing it.

Now, a little accidental innuendo. Sure, easy to believe.
But *that* much? The odds of anyone doing that accidentally would have strained my suspension of disbelief way past the breaking point.
And the quality I was seeing suggested to me that the author was probably too good to make that mistake.
So I gave a little faith and went with the idea that it was option A.
Started my 1st 'real' playthrough focusing on Sarah.
Not regretting it. :cool:

She's adorable!
And.. Brill :love:
You can read more about some of the stuff the dev gets up to here -
Click on the content tab to see all the articles.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
so short chapter..so many things to do and so few time to do...and no sex at all for now..and fixing things it's something hit and try?? i didn't figured any leak in the so called office ..hope office is meant where u seat and think if mark can help or not..

• Thinking Face
Reactions: duningtwo

zenetx

Apr 30, 2019
Is it just me or the free roam aspect is by far the worst one?

Please don't get me wrong, I just played the game for the first time and enjoyed it very much; the characters, interactions and dialogues are top notch. Even the renders and graphics are great. Therefore it saddens me to be so disappointed with the world exploration. It wasn't so bad at first, but in the latter chapters is such a pain.

And yes, I know that free roam is completely optional, but skipping it (what I've been doing from my second playthrough onward) leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like I'm missing a big portion of the game. Am I really? The walktrough provided is completely useless in this regard.

You see: pixel hunting a static image is the worst game mechanic that there is. Please, at very least, highlight the interactive objects as you hover the mouse cursor over them. You can also highlight with a different color if there are still possible player actions, make them disappear if proven meaningless, etc. Everything to improve the chore that is exploring the world, something that already feels pointless and boring compared to everything else.

If anything, just provide a walkthough fully explaining free roaming so I don't feel like missing half of the game by skipping it.

Seriously, I wouldn't care if the game was bad. But I really liked it and I'm looking forward to future chapters.

Reactions: new2021

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Is it just me or the free roam aspect is by far the worst one?
I wouldn't say that the free roam is bad, more like it's ... simple? There is the bare minimum when it comes to which characters are where, at different times of the day. And from what I know, Notty has been working on this aspect as well so I'm sure we'll see an improvement when chapter 4 rolls around.

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
And yes, I know that free roam is completely optional, but skipping it (what I've been doing from my second playthrough onward) leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like I'm missing a big portion of the game. Am I really? The walktrough provided is completely useless in this regard.
It sounds to me like you are missing a portion of the game that you don't enjoy. That is not a bad thing, because it is indeed optional. If you don't like exploring, if it feels a chore for you, then don't - is my advice. You don't have to engage in it. You don't have to click on 12/12 of objects on the screen that offer some kind of interaction or commentary from the MC. There's no reason to do it if you don't enjoy doing it - if you don't find it rewarding.

My walkthrough includes clickable items that have significant consequences with paths mentioned therein. I'll be adding more as the game development progresses and connections become apparent.

IMO the problem is with your approach, with how you feel as you described it, rather than the game itself.

If anything, just provide a walkthough fully explaining free roaming so I don't feel like missing half of the game by skipping it.
Like what? 17) Click on ..., MC comments on it. 18) Click on ..., MC comments on it. 19) Click on ..., MC comments on it.

What good that kind of walkthrough would be for? Certainly not for people who don't care about all the extra flavour and are just looking to navigate paths.

The exploratory part of the game is there for those who like it. I don't see how listing all the clickable objects would make it more fun for those who don't. On the contrary, it might make it feel even more of a chore for them because the walkthrough "tells" them to click on all.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes