Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
Funny, we were talking about that on our private chat and a few of us decided to not give estimates anymore. Having been one of the latest to give an estimate I thought correct based on what I knew at the time which ended up being wrong I now see your point and feel sorry for giving false hope when I don't have all the informations at hand.
Thank you, this is the first time I feel like someone close to the project (if that's a correct way of putting it) has adressed my grievance, mostly I feel like posts here are more or less nitpicking, strawmens and generally non productive arguments.

I haven't kept track of which users has been giving estimates, I've just assumed that the source of the estimates is the developer herself (I mean, otherwise it wouldn't make sense giving out estimates if the creator did not sign off on them), and it just bothered me that people went by the logic that "well the same thing has happened 5 times in a row now, so most likely something completely different is gonna happen the 6th time"

Reactions: Jaun Karr

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Hopefully we finally get to see the chapter soon.
I’ve long ago accepted the fact that the perfectionism streak in notty is part of why I love her work on heavy five but it will always be the reason why I’m frustrated at not seeing the work as frequently as i might hope.

Jan 27, 2021
*raises hand*
The work Notty does to make H5 as good as she can get it makes any wait worth it imo.
Thats not the Question, if Nottys game H5 was a bad Game, i didnt care when it never gets finished or takes 30 years to complete. But it is fact that a lot over 50% or better said near to 90% of all Renpy games older than 3 years never gets completed, but my bad english didnt let me find the right words. Better finish a 80% perfect game and start a new game, than never complete a 100% perfect game! And no game gets really 100%, there are allways people who dont like a really good game! So what I wanna would have said is, the best game is a completed game! And I said I only learned Renpy to cheat and have better stats because I hate grinding and wanna have unlocked all gallerys. When i wrote a english story, everyone on this side would crush me in the air because my bad grammar and vocabulary! I think a completed game is a good proof of quality work for future projects! Notty wrote a good story, she is talented in game devoloping and made good pics and Animations, its a pain for me, not seeing her completing this nice game! Not only because H5 was a nice game, to be honest I like that this game was made by a Girl! I think she is lazy, but we need moore Girls as Developers, girls have a different side of view!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimjob

Dudlbert

Apr 16, 2020
Found a "loophole". Where do i report it?

If you dont want to play VR as a female you will be asked if you want to play CoC instead. If you say yes she talks about Gloria again and MC doenst know about her even they both talked about this minutes ago.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Found a "loophole". Where do i report it?

If you dont want to play VR as a female you will be asked if you want to play CoC instead. If you say yes she talks about Gloria again and MC doenst know about her even they both talked about this minutes ago.
Your best bet for reporting bugs is over on the dev's forum. The link is in the OP. (first page)

Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
Thats not the Question, if Nottys game H5 was a bad Game, i didnt care when it never gets finished or takes 30 years to complete. But it is fact that a lot over 50% or better said near to 90% of all Renpy games older than 3 years never gets completed, but my bad english didnt let me find the right words. Better finish a 80% perfect game and start a new game, than never complete a 100% perfect game! And no game gets really 100%, there are allways people who dont like a really good game! So what I wanna would have said is, the best game is a completed game! And I said I only learned Renpy to cheat and have better stats because I hate grinding and wanna have unlocked all gallerys. When i wrote a english story, everyone on this side would crush me in the air because my bad grammar and vocabulary! I think a completed game is a good proof of quality work for future projects! Notty wrote a good story, she is talented in game devoloping and made good pics and Animations, its a pain for me, not seeing her completing this nice game! Not only because H5 was a nice game, to be honest I like that this game was made by a Girl! I think she is lazy, but we need moore Girls as Developers, girls have a different side of view!
Your claim that near 90% of all Renpy games older than 3 years never gets completed might be true, I don't know and I don't care, but it would be easy to prove. But in any case, even if you're wrong (not saying you are, just saying if), I get your point.

I think it's too early for you to conclude that the developer won't finish this game (or has abandoned it).

But I will agree to the idea that the developer has spent way more time than what is average on this game, in regards to how long this game has existed and how little is released. Not saying she hasn't had good reasons to (I'm sure the sum of reasons include both good and bad reasons, perfectionism, a bit of laziness/procrastination + more).

To my understanding the developer is new to this and has started off with a pretty big game, so personally I feel very forgiving about a long timeframe. But also, my impression is that the very long time we've been waiting for chapter 4, it's not unreasonable to assume that the developer has learnt a lot from this, and that the next chapters will come more frequently.
If we will have to wait 6+ months for every update however, I will abandon my interest in this game just as I would a tv-show that released a new episode every 6 months (and for anyone claiming that this game has more content than a single episode of a popular tv-show, you're wrong)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
This game is too big, it takes on too much, and Notti is too perfectionist. I'm afraid, it will never be finished. :(
I'm confident it will be finished, partly for the same reasons. So much effort has gone into this that i firmly believe she will pull through. There have been many big obstacles so far, where most people would just give up, but she always rebounded and carried on. It's the low effort projects that are more likely to get abandoned.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I'm confident it will be finished, partly for the same reasons. So much effort has gone into this that i firmly believe she will pull through. There have been many big obstacles so far, where most people would just give up, but she always rebounded and carried on. It's the low effort projects that are more likely to get abandoned.
I'm sure, Notti won't give up. I’m afraid, she's overworking and burning out. Then everyone loses.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well."
William Shakespeare

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Anyway, news:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In summary this means instead of an update this month, which already would have been a very long waiting time, there will maybe be a preview update with just one event next month if the time can be found.

With this approach this project will fail due to perfectionism. It's strange, my plan was to see how the update will go and then drop some money on patreon, because i really liked the first three chapters. Now I'm sure I don't want another AWAM on my list of projects that I once supported, but that ultimately deserves no support because they is no chance to ever be finished.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
In summary this means instead of an update this month, which already would have been a very long waiting time, there will maybe be a preview update with just one event next month if the time can be found.
Oh no, nothing like that. The next release will be full Chapter Four. It just needs a bit more polishing to iron out any issues that might remain.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't really see it as a major gameplay issue.
It's not as if the mechanic has suddenly broken overnight, its just now seen as not good enough and needs perfecting with a set of more animations.
As Notty said...
If you both sink it, then that element isn't there. The player will just do the same as last time again and again, and again until Annie misses. This is exactly as much fun as it sounds - and given she is pretty good I might as well have wrote a washing dishes module.
If there is a scoring tie, it's just repetition until the RNG goes against Annie. Sounds like a pretty dull way to win and unfair to Annie who has no chance at that point.

No good.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
As Notty said...

If there is a scoring tie, it's just repetition until the RNG goes against Annie. Sounds like a pretty dull way to win and unfair to Annie who has no chance at that point.

No good.
Well i would say ok rather than no good.

Don't really get the unfair to Annie. Unless the game is completely randomised(which would be zero fun), there's going to be a pattern to learn even if it ends up being more complex than current.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

tontoman

May 4, 2017
As Notty said...

No good.
What are the actual mechanics to the game, how do you sink or miss a shot? What choices do you have, and how does the game influence success?

Because folks might have ideas for a quicker solution, but without knowing mechanics it's hard to help. As described I don't see how the player gets a choice to 'sink every shot' until Annie fails, in order to win.

If you can always sink a shot, then it was broken from the start. " If you both sink it, then that element isn't there. The player will just do the same as last time again and again, and again until Annie misses. "

If you can't, then the option of 'always sinking a shot until Annie doesn't' can't actually exists.
So I don't see the full problem here as it's described. A basic setup of a>b b>c c>a and rng avoids this type of once choice always wins setup. But have to know the mechanics.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes