xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I’m frustrated and do think 9+ months is too long even though I think the update is likely to be good and that the game has more to offer than most.
That said I accepted pledging to a perfectionist, there’s no sign that there’s not activity and I don’t have really have any fears that there’s abandonment is on the cards. So i’m just left trying to curb my impatience for now.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
So I just wanna know is the rape stuff avoidable?.. I just came from a VN where the MC brutally rapes a woman in her office (Between salvation and the Abyss if anyone is interested) and there wasn't even an option to do it or not..he just raped her so is rape at all avoidable in this game?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
So I just wanna know is the rape stuff avoidable?.. I just came from a VN where the MC brutally rapes a woman in her office (Between salvation and the Abyss if anyone is interested) and there wasn't even an option to do it or not..he just raped her so is rape at all avoidable in this game?
Rape is part of a totally avoidable VR fighting game (from now on, the 'metagame') that one character may want to play with you if you're in her path. Victims are just avatars that Heavy Five characters use in that VR metagame (being a futuristic VR game, it's supposed you can feel what your avatar feels, though). Even if you take that path, if I remember correctly you can step out of the metagame several times before anything happens, and even in case you're extremely obtuse and keep playing it after the several warning signals that plague the script, you don't actually see anything the first time and you can refuse to play a second session. So yeah, you should be safe

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
There is a handy acronym that the community came up with, ACIO, All Content Is Optional.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Rape is part of a totally avoidable VR fighting game (from now on, the 'metagame') that one character may want to play with you if you're in her path. Victims are just avatars that Heavy Five characters use in that VR metagame (being a futuristic VR game, it's supposed you can feel what your avatar feels, though). Even if you take that path, if I remember correctly you can step out of the metagame several times before anything happens, and even in case you're extremely obtuse and keep playing it after the several warning signals that plague the script, you don't actually see anything the first time and you can refuse to play a second session. So yeah, you should be safe
Ooh I see well thanks for the insight

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Wait, what? Two new characters? I thought Ophion station was a no fly zone and that we've already met everyone. Where are these two coming from?
We've known for a while that Jolene (the woman cheating with Chris's husband) and Yvonne (the Marine in one of the Bored Pilot issues) would appear but I don't recall seeing any information about which chapter they might come in.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
A bit of news:

Nottravis said:
Quick heads up.

File compression is a nightmare but getting there. I'm having to re-run most of the animations (not re-render thank God) to get the balance right between file size and quality. So a bit of a slog. There are a -lot- of animations in this one. VR alone has over 50 which should give you an idea of the scale of the game. (again as an example of the size, the uncompressed VR module is 2.5GB by itself!)

I've sliced some more of the game off and passed it to the testers in the meantime. Trying to get them the final compressed build for the weekend.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Soon it will be nine months development time for a single update. o_O Something has gone completely off the rails here.

Too bad, the game actually made a good impression.

• Sad
Reactions: Grelk and new2021

tremere87

Jul 19, 2018
Soon it will be nine months development time for a single update. o_O Something has gone completely off the rails here.

Too bad, the game actually made a good impression.
To be honest every chapter has an extremely long development cycle. Even the remasters of the chapters already made took a very long time to be released. It is a great game but I see it as a bonus game next to the games I regularly enjoy.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes