Shoopster

Apr 19, 2017
The Patreon update on August 31 said that it should be 'a few more days and you'll have it.' So maybe today or tomorrow?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The Patreon update on August 31 said that it should be 'a few more days and you'll have it.' So maybe today or tomorrow?
Not today. Latest (today) info from :
Nottravis said:
Last bits of bug hunting in the pool game and then the release version can go to the testers for a final run through. :) A lot has been tested already ofc so fingers crossed it'll be easy. But with each module around 2,000 lines and another 10,000 lines in the chapter that's a lot of code!

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Looks like it might be another week tbh. Can't imagine they'll be done testing in a day or two.

My money's on the 24th, (9/24/21, that is). Given the mention of 'one more module' to test and then 'final run through by the testers' and the size of the code mentioned, one week 'ain't gonna cut it' IMHO

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
My money's on the 24th, (9/24/21, that is). Given the mention of 'one more module' to test and then 'final run through by the testers' and the size of the code mentioned, one week 'ain't gonna cut it' IMHO
I could see it coming next week considering all separate modules have been tested and it's just a matter of checking if putting everything together didn't break anything. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part. ;)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I could see it coming next week considering all separate modules have been tested and it's just a matter of checking if putting everything together didn't break anything. But that might just be wishful thinking on my part. ;)
Yeah, it's "testing if her correction works in all conditions and don't break something else". This mean that the tester can pass faster on most of the game, if something is broke they'll see it because it's not what they got one week ago, and they know where they need to be 100% attentive.

Ninjasquirrel

Sep 9, 2018
I don't know much about programming. Isn't there a chance then that every possible route and combination of choices has to be checked when all the modules has been put together?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Patreon news:

Apologies for it not coming out last week as stated/expected. I had one of my "good ideas" that I thought would be easy to implement and ended up being a nightmare (although it's done now and has been worth it).

As you're probably aware the pool game with Annie took a while to make, design and build and as it stood was locked behind some fairly specific paths. This seemed a bit of a waste for a one-off of this size. Plus it again forced the player to choose between several evening activities which seemed not only a bit unnecessary but actually against good game play at this stage. So I tweaked it.

Instead of forcing you to choose between pool and something else, Annie now pops up in an interrupt scene if the player has a pool invite (there are some additional ways this can now happen in Four as well as being the carry overs from Three) and so the game can be played as either a casual game between friends, as part of the "evil" fem MC path for those wagers she might have and as a strip pool game for those male MC's with the right conditions.

After the game concludes, you then get taken back to the evening choices.

I feel this is a better solution in that it extends, or allows you to extend if you decide to play pool, your run through without having to have yet another path save to experience this one module.

The release version is now with the testers and we'll see what, if anything, they find for comment or correction, but bar any mistakes they find I'm happy it's complete and done. Given they have already tested the majority of the game I'm not expecting any major issues.

Whilst the boys run through that, I'm going to be giving the entire game a bit of a squeeze file size. It's still on the big side and there's probably some fat lurking in the earlier chapters that can be compressed down to reduce your loading time. So, let's say this weekend to be on the safe side as the release date. I promise not to have any more "good ideas"...

NEWS!

But the size of the game so far has forced me to make a decision. The end of Chapter Six will be a complete game.

Chapters Seven to Twelve will be a continuation as a "new game". Of all the options open to me this seems the easiest for me to implement as there is a way to carry over variables from one game to the next. I could of course do this method chapter to chapter but some of the earlier ones are fairly small and so would be inconvenient more than anything else - but also this break line works well with the game as a whole as Chapter Six is where we get our first possible real story endings (and yes, "winning" ones too.").

No doubt this last bit will raise a few eyebrows but the story plan always had this mapped in so this is really just a way to formalise what already was on the stocks and make things more practical for you.

But why would you take an ending at Six when there is more to come? Well, you don't have to ofc (and I hope you don't!) but you can. It's a possibility in the storyline that the game could end at that point and so the option is, and indeed has to be, there. Otherwise I feel I'm discounting your choices and they have to matter. Else what's the point, right?

Notty

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes