NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I always find interesting how Notty manages to make actual games with deep systems using Renpy...she should share her knowledge with other VN creators and lead the way to a new Renpy renaissance!
I'm more in favor of her keeping her knowledge so that she stands out more. Those other devs don't deserve the fruit of her painful long hours on it.

BEAR1613

Nov 8, 2020
Twitter news:

·

First round of testing on the complete game done. All clear it seems bar the pool which is a bit buggy. Not hugely surprising given the number of things it's trying to juggle, state of dress of Annie, rounds, shots done etc etc but nothing that a clear head can't sort :)
unquote:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Twitter news:

·

First round of testing on the complete game done. All clear it seems bar the pool which is a bit buggy. Not hugely surprising given the number of things it's trying to juggle, state of dress of Annie, rounds, shots done etc etc but nothing that a clear head can't sort :)
unquote:

My money's still on the 24th. Any takers? :cool:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I just hope the testing is an actual playtesting and not just a 'check if the canonical paths and new modules work as intended'. Because I found a couple of big continuity issues in my first playthrough after taking some not-so-weird choices, like our favourite blondie ensign talking about our first VR session together even though I didn't went to her bedroom the night before.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I just hope the testing is an actual playtesting and not just a 'check if the canonical paths and new modules work as intended'. Because I found a couple of big continuity issues in my first playthrough after taking some not-so-weird choices, like our favourite blondie ensign talking about our first VR session together even though I didn't went to her bedroom the night before.
While it is almost impossible to check every possibility, that is one reason testing takes so long, they do try to do a through job. lol

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
While it is almost impossible to check every possibility, that is one reason testing takes so long, they do try to do a through job. lol
What I mean is that last time they totes failed at that, and I don't think my choices were that odd. Basically I just had both Anne and Sarah willing to spend the first night with me, went with Anne, then the second night chose Sarah because I thought I could juggle those two, and boom. So my main fear with this game is that, as it keeps expanding further and wider, following non-canonical branches could lead to major wtf moments due to the obvious difficulty of a thorough testing. And when you find one of those in your initial blind run, the effect can be devastating

Reactions: ename144

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What I mean is that last time they totes failed at that, and I don't think my choices were that odd. Basically I just had both Anne and Sarah willing to spend the first night with me, went with Anne, then the second night chose Sarah because I thought I could juggle those two, and boom. So my main fear with this game is that, as it keeps expanding further and wider, following non-canonical branches could lead to major wtf moments due to the obvious difficulty of a thorough testing. And when you find one of those in your initial blind run, the effect can be devastating
There is no 'canonical' branch, but yes, it can be a challenge to find everything, but like all games here, anything the testers don't find, can get fixed later as people report them.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Do you mean 24. September or October? ;)
Per my earlier post, September 24 Let's see what happens. It may be in testing now, but it'll take a first time perfect run through to get it out next week....so I'm figuring for a 'minor glitch fix'...

But if it fails testing...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The bit about the '"evil" fem pc path' for Annie gives me hope that there's also a good fpc path...
Initially, the pool game was for fem MC who tried the spaghetti effect on Annie. Since it wasn't possible to spank her because she sleep on the Vanguard and the base is closed at night, she offered another occupation for the night after (so the night on this chapter). Therefore, according to what Notty said on her Patreon post, the "evil fem pc path" looks like her name for the players who test the spaghetti effect on Annie.
Since Annie is straight, my guess is that this "tricked bi-curious path" is the sole with Annie for fem MC. But it's probably not a real evil path, especially in regard of Sarah blackmail one. Anyway, Annie clearly drenched her panties when talking about the spanking, so is it really evil in this condition ?

What I mean is that last time they totes failed at that, and I don't think my choices were that odd.
According to the time between the "it's on testers hands" and the following "crap, yet bugs to fix", the testing is done in depth. But in the same time, it's obviously difficult to effectively test every single possibilities and all their variations. I'm not a tester, and I already have 10 parallel plays, so I imagine how many different cumulative plays it represent for them, yet there's surely some variations that they missed. Alas, yours was one of them.
It's already not possible for a team of professional to catch all the possible exception, so for a part time coder who work alone on her game, it's even more a challenge. At works we past our Monday to fix an error on a two years old program. Two years that we regularly update the code, and none of us thought about "this combination" that break everything since day one.

The problem here, is that it's a game limited in time. We have something like 10 days, not one more, not one less. What mean that we will lack of time to do everything. Take Sarah CoC or VR play, if you don't start it from day one, you'll not see its end when the game will stop. And globally it's the same, in a lesser measure, for the other route.
Notty know that, what mean that she tend to have a little too straight forward approach ; if you start a route, you'll continue it or abandon it, but not switch with another one. It's totally possible to code this in a way that you can jump on a route later, but it would make few sense to join Sarah in a VR play when she's already at the fourth level. This will it would be frustrating to start it at level 1, but not on day one, what would let you with a VR play that isn't finished when the game end.

Now, the real question is "how to address this issue" ?
Should she permit to start a route mid game, with all the frustration that it will imply ? Hmm, probably not, precisely because of the frustration.
Should she permit to start a route mid game, and make the game end only when all the route reached their end ? Absolutely not, it would mean killing the main story.
Should she close all route that have to be started right from day one, and haven't ? Well, perhaps. After all, it's already what happen for some of them. You aren't able to follow Chris dom route if she haven't offered it on day one, of if you declined her offer. And the same should happen for eveil fem MC route with Annie's if you haven't triggered the spanking talk in day two. So, it would make sense for the other routes. Frustrating in a way, but less than a bug or an unfinished play.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes