anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I never said that water doesn't exist.
Please, take a seat and sit comfortably, I do not want you to be hurt when I'll break the news to you...

You aren't the only person on Earth.

Starting there, could it be that you aren't the person who pass his time saying that those works in progress versions do not exist ?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Because you have a mental condition, it is called "Dissociative Identity Disorder", but you don't know that; in fact you actually are Notty, me and ItzSpc at the same time.
:giggle:

Jocking apart this discussion is became unbelievable.
That would explain why the Notty Alter is having problems if she's not in control as often as the rest of you.
Im not trying to jump on the Notty hate train here, but telling people they aren't allowed an opinion because they don't pay money to Notty is kinda insane. She has literally paused her patreon. No one is paying money to her
Look at the quote again. No one said you weren't entitled to an opinion, just that the opinion of someone who isn't actually supporting doesn't carry any weight (doesn't really matter). Big difference. Reading comprehension matters in a written medium.
Do you read what you answer too ?
I answered that to "Perhaps the ultimate goal of the "Abandon Tag Fetishists" is to create a narrative that drives new fans away from a game in attempt to destroy something people like."
Therefore it clearly have nothing to do with the fact that you believe or not that the tag is legit (scoop, it is legit, everyone said it), and explicitly target a person who would instrumentalize it for a personal war.
Yup. That was me. I am trying to come up with an explanation why the "Abandoned Tag Fetishists" often seem so gleeful in declaring popular games "abandoned." Maybe the simple answer is that it arouses them to get a game slapped with the abandoned tag.
Well move on then, go ahead, we're watching.
If they did that, who would be here to discourage new players?
That's the part you're not understanding. People have already made their minds up on the matter, one way or another. No point arguing with them because they'll never believe it until it actually rains. Just like no one believes the Doomsayers until armegeddon finally arrives.
Funny you would choose Doomsayers and Armageddon. How many times in the last two thousand years has the end of the world been predicted? How accurate have their predictions been? History tells us not to believe the Doomsayers because 100.00% of the time, they've failed in making an accurate prediction, no matter how sure they were.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
This is why I think we should "not talk of them, but look and pass on".
Funny you would choose Doomsayers and Armageddon. How many times in the last two thousand years has the end of the world been predicted? How accurate have their predictions been? History tells us not to believe the Doomsayers because 100.00% of the time, they've failed in making an accurate prediction, no matter how sure they were.
That's exactly why he used it and the reason I won't be bothered by him anymore. He's right - he won't change his mind and I trust silent readers to have a clear view now about what's going on in here.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i knew this will end like this....all those shit about reworking things that are all right ever ends like this so often...why don't simply go on with the story and stop being perfectionist about what u've done so far?? ppl liked the game as was..so why?

Reactions: ItzSpc

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
If they exist then please upload these "versions" of the game that you so freely speak of.
Ok I'll teach you one thing or two, because clearly you are talking without having the starts of an idea about the subject.

As said, they are testing versions. This mean that:
  • They have bugs, typos and all ;
  • They don't even include nothing before and after the part they cover ;
  • It wouldn't be surprising that they don't even include the totality of what they cover ;
  • They are tries and don't necessarily match what will be in the release.

If the game was a car, having one of those files would be the same than having the prototype for the backseat. A prototype in plastic, wood, or whatever, that have no other purpose than having something full size to see if it looks as good as it seem on the paper.

Accordingly to the names, among the test version there's :
  • The VR scene from the chapter one. It's what Notty used for the test of the new VR UI, so it's in an early stage state (she was still not totally sure last time she talked about it) and it include bugs ;
  • The CoC scene from the chapter 5. Here again it's an early stage, testers also do the difficulty balancing ;
  • What is explicitly named to be a demo, there's pre-early stage content ;
  • One scene with Sarah.

So, still if the game was a car, you would have a wheel, the backseat, the back left door and one piece of the motor.
Wow, great, wonderful...

Of course, there's also the chapter 5 (because yes it is in the list). But knowing how Notty works, there's 80% chance that it's only the chapter 5.
And when I say "only", I don't mean that the chapters 1 to 4 are missing. What I mean is that it only content the "introduction part" of the chapter, and potentially a part (but just a part) of the free roaming. Therefore, it's at most a third of what will be released as content for the chapter 5. And of course here again in an early stage, therefore not even what you'll effectively see when the game will be released.

A test isn't just an "hey, is there bugs in my game" thing. It also regard the pacing, the balancing, the scene orders, the feeling carried by the dialog and the CGs, and so on.
I'm Not Thea Lundgren! will correct me if needed, but I wouldn't be surprised if between the first "chapter X" test version and what finally end in the game, there's around 50% changes.

Someone named George. R. R. Martin, well, to keep the comparison, what you want is few pages that aren't even following, randomly took from his working notes. What is the interest ?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ok I'll teach you one thing or two, because clearly you are talking without having the starts of an idea about the subject.

As said, they are testing versions. This mean that:
  • They have bugs, typos and all ;
  • They don't even include nothing before and after the part they cover ;
  • It wouldn't be surprising that they don't even include the totality of what they cover ;
  • They are tries and don't necessarily match what will be in the release.

If the game was a car, having one of those files would be the same than having the prototype for the backseat. A prototype in plastic, wood, or whatever, that have no other purpose than having something full size to see if it looks as good as it seem on the paper.

Accordingly to the names, among the test version there's :
  • The VR scene from the chapter one. It's what Notty used for the test of the new VR UI, so it's in an early stage state (she was still not totally sure last time she talked about it) and it include bugs ;
  • The CoC scene from the chapter 5. Here again it's an early stage, testers also do the difficulty balancing ;
  • What is explicitly named to be a demo, there's pre-early stage content ;
  • One scene with Sarah.

So, still if the game was a car, you would have a wheel, the backseat, the back left door and one piece of the motor.
Wow, great, wonderful...

Of course, there's also the chapter 5 (because yes it is in the list). But knowing how Notty works, there's 80% chance that it's only the chapter 5.
And when I say "only", I don't mean that the chapters 1 to 4 are missing. What I mean is that it only content the "introduction part" of the chapter, and potentially a part (but just a part) of the free roaming. Therefore, it's at most a third of what will be released as content for the chapter 5. And of course here again in an early stage, therefore not even what you'll effectively see when the game will be released.

A test isn't just an "hey, is there bugs in my game" thing. It also regard the pacing, the balancing, the scene orders, the feeling carried by the dialog and the CGs, and so on.
I'm Not Thea Lundgren! will correct me if needed, but I wouldn't be surprised if between the first "chapter X" test version and what finally end in the game, there's around 50% changes.

Someone named George. R. R. Martin, well, to keep the comparison, what you want is few pages that aren't even following, randomly took from his working notes. What is the interest ?
Most of what we test ends up in the game, but sometimes it gets upgraded.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
That's the point, even after over 18 months there is nothing to show. Everything else is just hot air and unverifiable statements.

Something that many people here always seem to forget is that regular updates, especially for one person projects, are the only really reliable way to prove progress. If then nothing appears for over 18 months, then it is likely that a game is going down the drain.

Reactions: ItzSpc

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I trust silent readers to have a clear view now about what's going on in here.
It's been apparent for a looooong time.
The guy doesn't care about any facts you present that show his opinion to be fundamentally flawed.
He just comes back and posts the same shit. anne O'nymous showed that he's been repeatedly doing it for months.
He even tried arguing about there being no evidence of a car crash. Completely disregarding how the "Burden of Proof" works. :ROFLMAO::FacePalm:
He just wants to
Screaming Begins Again!.jpg

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Im not trying to jump on the Notty hate train here, but telling people they aren't allowed an opinion because they don't pay money to Notty is kinda insane. She has literally paused her patreon. No one is paying money to her
If I want to be insane I can. Just because she has it paused now doesn't mean there wasn't monetary transactions before.

Last edited:

Sep 22, 2019
If I want to be insane I can. Just because she has it paused now doesn't mean there wasn't monetary transactions before.
True, but telling people they aren't allowed an opinion isn't the way to go about defending it IMO. Both of the hate notty/love notty sides are just throwing illogical arguments at each other. This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but this thread is really going around in circles now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ItzSpc and Krynh

Sep 22, 2019
Look at the quote again. No one said you weren't entitled to an opinion, just that the opinion of someone who isn't actually supporting doesn't carry any weight (doesn't really matter). Big difference. Reading comprehension matters in a written medium.
Was the reading comprehension thing a dig at me? that was the first time I've been in this thread, no one knows what my opinion about this is. The opinion of people who aren't supporting can carry SIGNIFICANT weight, because they point out the flaws the most, you need a balance. I do agree people take it too far, but if we only listened to people who were perfectly fine with 1-2 year release dates with remasters in between this game wouldn't be finished, which would be Notty's prerogative, but i think most people agree it would be better for all parties involved if this game did get completed.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Was the reading comprehension thing a dig at me? that was the first time I've been in this thread, no one knows what my opinion about this is. The opinion of people who aren't supporting can carry SIGNIFICANT weight, because they point out the flaws the most, you need a balance. I do agree people take it too far, but if we only listened to people who were perfectly fine with 1-2 year release dates with remasters in between this game wouldn't be finished, which would be Notty's prerogative, but i think most people agree it would be better for all parties involved if this game did get completed.
You're delusional (or reaaaally naive) if you think what people could say here can make Notty change the way she works. No matter who we choose to listen to, it changes nothing. All this fuss is not adding any pressure on Notty to work faster and 'complete the game' because she doesn't even know about the discussions going on here.

Sep 22, 2019
You're delusional (or reaaaally naive) if you think what people could say here can make Notty change the way she works. No matter who we choose to listen to, it changes nothing. All this fuss is not adding any pressure on Notty to work faster and 'complete the game' because she doesn't even know about the discussions going on here.
No but it can change the way other people see the game and the developer, which affects support, which is more likely to affect her.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes