Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Sorry, I'm out of the loop here. The game is marked as abandoned but apparently there is Chapter 5 coming out?
You have to remember this isn't an official Adult Visual Novel database, it's just a pirate site to share links. What a forum thread says and what the dev says are too different things.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Despite the weird celebrations of some, F95's rules are only relevant on F95 forum.
Outside of this, in the real world, they represent nothing & don't matter for shit.
The game is not abandoned, the dev is working on it.
This site classifies it as such, because it has gone past the length of time which qualifies it for the tag on this site.

The tag is utterly irrelevant to the dev actually continuing work & the game progressing.
I doubt the dev gives two hoots about whatever tag this site chooses to apply.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Ha ha ha, true that! (y)
Probably why she stopped coming here 1.5 years back. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, no! Entitled pirates, getting my game for free, are complaining about how long it takes!
Oh, no! One of the sites that enables this has marked my game as abandoned!
Both utterly irrelevant. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
She left when they started deleting posts she made about the game, calling them "off topic".

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To be fair, we did tend to stray sideways a lot. Technically it wasn't all about the game, so understand the reasoning. But, having said that, a couple of the mods might've been a bit overzealous with the delete button.
Yeah, and it also doesn't help that this scifi game, also has fantasy elements in a couple paths, and pirates in another, that would appear off topic if you are not paying close attention.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Despite the weird celebrations of some, F95's rules are only relevant on F95 forum.
Outside of this, in the real world, they represent nothing & don't matter for shit.
The game is not abandoned, the dev is working on it.
This site classifies it as such, because it has gone past the length of time which qualifies it for the tag on this site.

The tag is utterly irrelevant to the dev actually continuing work & the game progressing.
I doubt the dev gives two hoots about whatever tag this site chooses to apply.
I think it should be interpreted in a way that more than 1.5 years without an update is a ridiculously long time. At some point, you have to be very gullible, to still believe that this game is still be seriously developed.

Anyway, the key point is that this game seems to have fallen victim to alleged perfectionism. For a long time now, it has hardly been about publishing new content, but almost only about improving the old over and over again. Again, it is more than 1.5 years and nothing even remotely presentable. If the game is being worked on so hard, at least an interim version could be published. Anything else is just ridiculous.

Reactions: ItzSpc

Gthat1118

Apr 24, 2021
In the end, for those of us who are getting this game for free, we have no right to complain about the timing.

Any updates are better than no updates, which is all that many developers can manage without support.

That said, if you are a patron and are frustrated, it seems reasonable to me that you would take this up with the developer.

If you have comments on the game itself, it seems reasonable to me that you say something here or on a forum that the developer frequents.

In my view, we should keep reviews positive if possible. If we aren't contributing money, we can at least show support and interest that may also serve to inspire the developer. In that spirit, I hope that the developers can see that impatience for an update, even when expressed in a rather brash manner, is still indicative of interest in the game and therefore complimentary to their talent as a developer.

As an aside, have any platforms considered a different approach for payment?
For example:
Payment / render?
Payment / line of scripting?
Payment / update?
etc.

I'm getting the feeling that Patreon only works well for a specific type of developer and patron.

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
Patreon supporters shouldn't really be complaining too much either, because unless they're on the highest tier they haven't exactly spent a lot. Ironically those people are probably complaining the least. She's barely made jack shit from this VN and anybody that's even considered making a VN themselves should have an idea of how much time and effort goes into making them, especially if it's your first.

She's done the absolute opposite of 'milking' which is the main reason why it's annoying to see idiots complaining about that. Sadly there never seems to be any reward for being a good person; not even a thumbs up. Another unfortunate thing is that because she's a girl you get called a white knight if you defend her.

I like f95zone but the more time you spend here, the more you realize you really shouldn't bother arguing with the people here.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I think it should be interpreted in a way that more than 1.5 years without an update is a ridiculously long time.
She hasn't been taking any money, so however long it takes is entirely up to her.
If you don't like it, tough shit.
Would you work for free for 1.5 years, then rush something out just to appease some whining, entitled ingrates on a pirate site?

You call it unreasonable, or ridiculous. A number of people share your opinion.
Equally, plenty of people do not give a fuck how long it takes & are happy to wait for the dev to be happy with her project.
I think people who fall in the latter probably have far happier lives. They certainly have one less thing to be needlessly angry about.
If the game is being worked on so hard, at least an interim version could be published. Anything else is just ridiculous.
When the whole point of it taking so long, is because she wanted to revisit & upgrade earlier aspects to a higher level that she can be satisfied with (as well as producing Chpt. 5), why the hell would she want to release a sub-par version, just to keep the whinging people quiet?
They'd just be whinging their asses off about the interim version, instead.
Anyway, the key point is that this game seems to have fallen victim to alleged perfectionism.
The obvious flaw in this opinion is that, whatever you do, you get better at it with time & experience.

So, if she can now make things better with a more polished product, why would she not want to make this happen all the way through the game?
What she's doing makes sense. From both a professional perspective & a commercial one.

Last edited:

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
As an aside, have any platforms considered a different approach for payment?
For example:
Payment / render?
Payment / line of scripting?
Payment / update?
etc.
Payments/Update is something patreon supports, the rest... have issues.
For one, they're not "obvious" but require determination/arbitration. Monthly - Charge set amount on the 1st of each month (of the gregorian calendar). Per Update - charge set amount when the creator uploads a new "creation". But what does and doesn't count as a new render (how different does a render have to be to count as new? Does a line need to have a minimum length? What about garbage code that never gets called). And who determines that - does the creator just specify? Should the platform unpack and decompile the update, run a comparison with the last update and then without error (cause an error means you're either over- or undercharging) automatically count them?
They're also hard to project/make estimations about. With monthly you know how much you're paying each month, with per update and a max number of updates per month set, you also know pretty easy to grasp range - with per line/render that goes out the window.

And of course they
can also be gamed. ;)

Monthly and per-update make a pretty easy to understand value proposition - pay me x per month/update and I work on this and give you access to it - making it easier for subscribers to decide whether it's worth it or not to them.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes