anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Was the reading comprehension thing a dig at me? that was the first time I've been in this thread, no one knows what my opinion about this is.
But your opinion don't matters. And I'm talking in regard of the context for this particular discussion. That you love the game or hate it, or more surely that you stand in between do not really change the issue.
Dragon59 have probably been a bit overwhelmed by the craziness generated by some, what made him write less precisely than he intended. So, please, let me rephrase it in probably better terms:

It's not that there's people who's opinions doesn't matters, but that the opinions are weighted. If someone who's a patrons say something, it have more value than if it's a random guy on internet. Not because one is more serious or whatever, but because one have shown, by his pledge, that he feel more involved to the project. In the same way, someone who would follow Notty on Twitter have more value that someone who time to time post on the thread here. He don't pledge, but once again he shown that he's a bit more invested and interested.
It's a stupid example, but if your brother come and tell you that your wife is cheating, you'll take him more seriously than if it's a perfect stranger who tell you this in the middle of the streets.

But yeah, like we are all just humans, sometime in the heat of the debate, and face to some %@$$@, you take a shortcut and end saying something like "you don't pay so who care". But it's not the exact thoughts, just the exasperation talking.

Reactions: Dragon59

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[Sorry for the double post]
No but it can change the way other people see the game and the developer, which affects support, which is more likely to affect her.
I guess that you mean by that "less support equal less money", but are you so sure that it would affect her ?

Oh, of course, she would be displeased if she lost support, and pleased if she gain more patrons. But do you really think that someone who freeze the pledges for eleven months, and will keep them frozen until the next update, would really change the way she works just because of this ?
She spent a lot of money since she started the game. She bought two computers, the last one with a GeForce 3090, she blown up a CPU and so had to buy a motherboard and a CPU. She use a ton of assets, that she bought. I have not a single doubt that so far she spent at least a bit more than she earned. Yet she freeze the pledges when she's not in time...
Oh, and she live in UK, a country that isn't really doing good in the current crisis, plus the car she had to have fixed, her that she had to have fixed. Even counting insurances, actually a bit more money wouldn't be a luxury. Yet, well, the pledges are frozen...

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
No but it can change the way other people see the game and the developer, which affects support, which is more likely to affect her.
We're talking about a woman who has rejected to pocket around $15k in the last year. I don't think she would be affected by... what? a slower rate of subscriptions once she actually delivers the next update and starts charging again?

According to , she had 223 supporters a year ago and now she has 230 -- when you aren't charged, you tend to stick around even if there's no new content. The update will bring in new supporters no matter how 'bad' this process made her look. Surely some of them will go if/when the development cycle starts to feel too long but I've seen too many worse offenders than her to know that nothing we're discussing here will have a sensitive impact on those figures. So yeah, in terms of development, this is pointless.

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
For all the complainers and the defenders, really as a neutral observer I see no distinctions in the various screeching.

The fact is that that
- Game is Abandoned according to f95zone standards of having no updates (according to complainers 19 months)
- Patreon isn't charging money for 11 months (according to defenders)
- Developer is slowly working on it (according to defenders)
- Releases in software generally shouldn't take this long in modern times due to the need to keep customers happy, it's just embarassing when release cycles come in quarters, let alone years
- Pirates aren't customers

I'd say on both sides, you're wasting a lot of time and energy on a project that doesn't even belong to you. Customers should be lamenting on Patreon / Discord. People here are either Pirates or really no-life die hard Patreon supporters who wants to believe that their time and energy invested in the product isn't a waste.

My advice for a guy that's supported around 20 or so developers in the past year...
1. This dev have some skills in coding, writing, and rendering
2. This dev does not have good good release management / discipline
3. This product is above average
4. There's more and better games out there to waste your time on and actually get excited about. Check out my signature for some if you're OK with NTR.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
True, but telling people they aren't allowed an opinion isn't the way to go about defending it IMO. Both of the hate notty/love notty sides are just throwing illogical arguments at each other. This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but this thread is really going around in circles now.
True enough. Bit OTT, ah well.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Game is Abandoned according to f95zone standards of having no updates (according to complainers 19 months)

2. This dev does not have good good release management / discipline
September 2021 so yeah 19 months since last release.

The pace of updates is usually once a year? She does whole big updates rather than smaller monthly ones, but then she got into a car accident last year and the injuries from that precluded her from working at a computer until she got surgery for that. So you can't make a claim based on that.

tremere87

Jul 19, 2018
September 2021 so yeah 19 months since last release.

The pace of updates is usually once a year? She does whole big updates rather than smaller monthly ones, but then she got into a car accident last year and the injuries from that precluded her from working at a computer until she got surgery for that. So you can't make a claim based on that.
If I remember correctly the update before chapter 4 was somewhere in 2020, so you really cant say she released more than once, twice a year before the accident.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
This is a new level of 'avoid post deletion' shit right here, having a back&forth through post edits :ROFLMAO: Never seen this before but there is a first time for everything!

• Haha
Reactions: Meushi

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Too late :HideThePain:

Discussion and debate about the game and development process is fine, but try to keep it good natured.
Rare to see Sam show up. When's the Latest update page not going to be called alpha?

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Can someone give me the 15$ version please? I really don't wanna waste 15$ for the game. since i only want the RPS scenes and do not care for the rest, 2 years for chapter 5 btw :_
It's a pirate forum, not a "ask people to buy me things" forum. The uploaders will go for the cheapest tier and you'll not get the extras.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Sorry, I'm out of the loop here. The game is marked as abandoned but apparently there is Chapter 5 coming out?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes