TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Payments/Update is something patreon supports, the rest... have issues.
For one, they're not "obvious" but require determination/arbitration. Monthly - Charge set amount on the 1st of each month (of the gregorian calendar). Per Update - charge set amount when the creator uploads a new "creation". But what does and doesn't count as a new render (how different does a render have to be to count as new? Does a line need to have a minimum length? What about garbage code that never gets called). And who determines that - does the creator just specify? Should the platform unpack and decompile the update, run a comparison with the last update and then without error (cause an error means you're either over- or undercharging) automatically count them?
They're also hard to project/make estimations about. With monthly you know how much you're paying each month, with per update and a max number of updates per month set, you also know pretty easy to grasp range - with per line/render that goes out the window.

And of course they
can also be gamed. ;)

Monthly and per-update make a pretty easy to understand value proposition - pay me x per month/update and I work on this and give you access to it - making it easier for subscribers to decide whether it's worth it or not to them.
The other problem is that once you set that, they don't let you change it.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I can, because I subscribe when I want give something to the developer and immediately after I remove my subscription.

Reactions: ItzSpc

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What the hell?! You can't switch from billing per month to billing per update and vice versa at will? That's pure bullshit!
I assume it is to protect the supporters from a dev who will change it without warning.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
She hasn't been taking any money, so however long it takes is entirely up to her.
If you don't like it, tough shit.
Would you work for free for 1.5 years, then rush something out just to appease some whining, entitled ingrates on a pirate site?

You call it unreasonable, or ridiculous. A number of people share your opinion.
Equally, plenty of people do not give a fuck how long it takes & are happy to wait for the dev to be happy with her project.
I think people who fall in the latter probably have far happier lives. They certainly have one less thing to be needlessly angry about.

When the whole point of it taking so long, is because she wanted to revisit & upgrade earlier aspects to a higher level that she can be satisfied with (as well as producing Chpt. 5), why the hell would she want to release a sub-par version, just to keep the whinging people quiet?
They'd just be whinging their asses off about the interim version, instead.

The obvious flaw in this opinion is that, whatever you do, you get better at it with time & experience.

So, if she can now make things better with a more polished product, why would she not want to make this happen all the way through the game?
What she's doing makes sense. From both a professional perspective & a commercial one.
The idea that someone only need to pauses patreon to be free from his/her promise to actually crate a game, I think is wrong. You forget that a lot of money has been paid in the past, and there are still people who would pay.

Also, Only regular updates are verifiable prove that a game is actually being worked on. Everything else is nothing but empty promises or statements made by others that also cannot be verified.

How often is the old content to be revised!? Is there now an remake of everything that has appeared before after each chapter? That's ridiculous!

Let's face it, it's been far more than 1.5 years. This project is practically dead. If it really were still being worked on, there would be updates, it's as simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
The idea that someone only need to pauses patreon to be free from his/her promise to actually crate a game, I think is wrong. You forget that a lot of money has been paid in the past, and there are still people who would pay.

Also, Only regular updates are verifiable prove that a game is actually being worked on. Everything else is nothing but empty promises or statements made by others that also cannot be verified.

How often is the old content to be revised!? Is there now an remake of everything that has appeared before after each chapter? That's ridiculous!

Let's face it, it's been far more than 1.5 years. This project is practically dead. If it really were still being worked on, there would be updates, it's as simple as that.
There are updates you numpty. Just not content. It's not a monthly release schedule kind of game. You get a full chapter of stuff to do. I seriously doubt that there has been that much money paid to Nottravis. This is a very niche game with a lot of non-sex content to work through and the update schedule doesn't help the popularity either.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020
I assume it is to protect the supporters from a dev who will change it without warning.
All they have to do is have every persons subscription suspended until the subscribers confirm they are fine with the subscription change and wish to continue. It's not a hard problem to fix really.

ItzSpc

Oct 7, 2020

Whilst I agree with you, I do actually want chapter 5 out. The thing is I'm not optimistic and when supporters tell me "Don't worry it's coming." I can't help be reminded of that song "Tell me sweet little lies." In other words, seeing is believing. Until I actually see chapter 5, I'm in the same boat as you are. Besides, after 1.5 years I'd expect the game to be at chapter 10 now... not 5.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
How often is the old content to be revised!?
Once, right now. Hence it taking a long time.
How is this difficult for you to understand?
Also, Only regular updates are verifiable prove that a game is actually being worked on.
Maybe in your delusion, but not in the real world.
There are too many reasons this statement is utter tripe, I'm not going to bother listing them.
Regardless, I'll take the word of the dev, over your baseless assumptions, thanks.
The idea that someone only need to pauses patreon to be free from his/her promise to actually crate a game, I think is wrong.
Please provide evidence of Notty making any promise.
You know, that "verifiable proof" you mentioned? :unsure: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

End of the day, it's pretty simple. If you don't like the length of time you're having to wait, tough shit.
Move on, or suck it up.

Last edited:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Describe in single words only the comprehended things that come into your mind about... this last part of the dated Mars 31, 2023:

H5 Changelog

Completed work

Infrastructure
Menu and loading
One time screen warning
New theme music
Animated opening screen
Revised two stage animated menu

User Interface
Complete graphical redesign
Addition of new lore content and music player
Addition of in game achievements for both current and all playthroughs
Addition of new character event log to enable path availabilities
Refreshed NPC character cards, including removal of "emotion" trackers and addition of NPC inventory and ammunition status.
Revamped MC Character card including inventory, ammunition status, books/magazines and skills gained.
Refreshed repair database. Now combined into the PDA.
"Pop up" notifications for achievements, character updates, inventory items gained etc added/refreshed.
Message system added to PDA to enable player to communicate with NPCs.
Revised "talk box" NPC character design, reduction of talk screen size.

Tutorial
Becca's opening intro removed from all chapters. Replaced with a new "in-universe" introduction/tutorial.

Results
Becca's end of chapter discussion removed. Replaced with an "in-universe" results screen.
Intermission removed.

Free-roam map
Refreshed NPC images to match new "talk box" design.
Timer for moves remaining added.
Extended two stage night time move to allow more NPC interaction

Technical
Compression testing performed to find optimal high quality and optiomal smallest file size
Video testing performed across a range of machines to identify optimal video settings for animations.

Chapter One changes
Minor bug fixes/typo corrections.
Minor text amendments to script
Revised and extended opening chapter animation
Minor render corrections for Sarah at the start of the chapter
Graphical corrections to uniforms of male NPC officers.
Updated and revised/extended launch animations
Updated and revised/extended "crisis" sequence
Updated and revised/extended landing sequence
Coding amended throughout to enable new user interface changes
Sound and music updated throughout the chapter
"Bored Pilot" refreshed and extended in content

Chapter Two changes
Opening screen re-rendered to correct skin tone error on Chris and additional animation added.
Additional animation added for Trisha on meeting scene.
Revised "local" orders design to reflect new end results page
Mike's scenes re-rendered due to skin tone continuity error between chapters.
Trisha in the plant room re-rendered to correct it looking bloody awful...
Mechanics for plant room work refreshed to be clearer and more understandable.
New VR introduction to emphasise that player is now in a game and not H5 real world.
New VR combat GUI added to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Updated and revised VR animations to reflect new mechanics and a few other things...
Channel 5 amended. "Sillier" content removed and replaced with new content/shows.
Updated and revised/extended Annie animation at the end of the chapter to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.

Chapter Three changes
Opening animation polished for smoothness
Mechanics for plant room work refreshed to be clearer and more understandable.
New VR combat GUI added to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Updated and revised VR animations to reflect new mechanics.
Channel 5 amended. "Sillier" content removed and replaced with new content/shows.

Chapter Four changes
Revised Annie dance animation
Boss fight amended on Caverns and Creatures

Chapter Five changes
Additional optional content added to Caverns and Creatures

Outstanding work

Chapter Three
Add communication system
Add two stage night events

Chapter Four
Update menu screen
Update orders to new design
Opening animation to buff up
Mechanics for plant room work to be refreshed
Marcus' data pad to update graphically
New VR combat GUI to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Polish "Bobe" win animations
Channel 5 to amend. "Sillier" content to be cut and replaced with new content/shows.
Update and revise/extend Trisha animation at mine to bring it more in line with animations in Chapter Five in terms of quality.
Add back in previously deleted content for Chris's domme module
Coding to amend throughout to enable new user interface changes including new pop ups
New achievement system to wire in
Add communication system
Sound and music to update throughout the chapter

Chapter Five
Update menu screen
Update orders to new design
Mechanics for plant room work to be refreshed
New VR combat GUI to reflect new VR combat mechanics.
Add optional tutorial for 5 card draw poker
Weapon recoil adjustments on combat animations
Mechanics for plant room work to be refreshed.
Amend "Bobe" win bonus interface
Amend Tactical combat interface
Channel 5 to amend.
Coding to amend throughout to enable new user interface changes including new pop ups
New achievement system to wire in
Add communication system
Sound and music to update throughout the chapter
Show to the readers a proof of how far your "informed" opinion goes...

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I wonder who the most popular lady is I think everybody knows Chris is my favourite. Although I play as a straight dude so I'm probably out of luck with her lol. I guess I'll see eventually.

Also will it be best to start a new game when the update comes out or should I continue with my old save?

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'd vote for starting a new game. The intro has been reworked to include Jane and Becca as NPC's, there are new animations everywhere, and also more nightime slots available for our MC to spend with the girls, so it would be wise to take advantage of that extra time already on our first night in Ophion. I can't really say if saves will be compatible (I think they will) but there are so many new things to see in previous chapters that I think everyone should start fresh to maximize their enjoyment.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
The Last of US has been released for PC. It was very bad, everyone was disappointed and angry. Sony can afford it. But not an indie developer.

I looked at some popular game threads.

If updates are rare: It's milking! The dev is stalling on purpose to get more money!

If updates are frequent: Too small updates! Too few new content!

If they issue a temporary update: Too buggy! You can't play this way! And it's ugly!

When a final update is released: we've already seen this in the temporary update! We want new content!

So, developers, try to please everyone! :ROFLMAO:

a lot of money has been paid in the past, and there are still people who would pay.
I paid, I'd pay now, but Notty won't let me, and I will pay if she let me. I'm an adult, I don't need a guardian, and I don't need you to protect me from myself. Thanks.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I wonder who the most popular lady is I think everybody knows Chris is my favourite. Although I play as a straight dude so I'm probably out of luck with her lol. I guess I'll see eventually.

Also will it be best to start a new game when the update comes out or should I continue with my old save?
Well, for now, Sarah seems to be the most popular.

By straight dude, I'm sure you meant that you're interested in Chris Non-Domme romance path.
So, keep the spirit high in these uncertain times, as this path is a long burn and one of the more "serious" routes in the game.
I'm on the same path, Chris is the main focus of my canon playthrough.

I highly recommand to start a new game when the update comes 'cause of the new global vision much more focused on the immersion than previously.
And the different achievements screens available at the end of each chapter will be a shock to those who don't understand why this game is currently 7Go large.

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
I liked the domme Chris route even though everyone here apparently hates it. I really wanted to like the Asian girl's route but when she starts chugging beers and speaking like a hillbilly it's a bit of a turnoff. I think it was supposed to be an Aussie accent but it looks weird when it's typed out rather than spoken verbally. If Sarah turns out not to be a bimbo I'll like her a lot more.

The biggest complaint I had about this game though was the audio. IIRC most of the game didn't have any background music, and then when there was a sound effect like when something went wrong with the ship it was super loud lol. I recently heard the and I had to replay the series. Audio is so important IMO.

Reactions: ItzSpc
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes