Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Hi LittleSisterLover,

About the spoiler in your review of Heavy Five, I should bring you some answers to your questionings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Why is some of the image layering wrong?"
Can you be more specific? Screenshots??

"Why are the menus cluttered with unformatted text?"
Same questions as above.

Thank you for your feedbacks on my last questions.

Last edited:

DKlebba

Sep 9, 2021
I think the author of this might need some more education on firearms. 60 rounds automatic, 10 rounds semiautomatic? The fuck is that? And guns requiring an oxidizer to work in space? Seriously?

Reactions: Jorund

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Wasn't there a release schedule? Wasn't it supposed to be weekly, or was it monthly...? I only ask because it's been kind of a while since the revamped Ch1 came out.

Is there an updated schedule?

(I don't mean to rush Notty, I'm just hoping for some info)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think the author of this might need some more education on firearms. 60 rounds automatic, 10 rounds semiautomatic? The fuck is that? And guns requiring an oxidizer to work in space? Seriously?
She was in the military, and I am going to assume you need air to have an explosion, at least to some degree. Just a guess there.
Looking it up, I find this.
Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.
So, yeah, "modern ammo has an oxidizer". Perhaps they did things a bit differently in her future (can't remember how it was said in here).
Wasn't there a release schedule? Wasn't it supposed to be weekly, or was it monthly...? I only ask because it's been kind of a while since the revamped Ch1 came out.

Is there an updated schedule?

(I don't mean to rush Notty, I'm just hoping for some info)
Well, she was in a wreck, and then when she got over that, she got deathly ill, and wasn't able to move for months, had to have her sister take care of her (doc gave her the wrong meds).

Last edited:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
60 rounds automatic, 10 rounds semiautomatic?
You must be talking about the ACR 16 Assault Rifle.
Yep, it's an automatic assault rifle with dual magazines of 30 rounds each.
As the phases of the gunfight mini-games are arranged per turn, this automatic assault rifle will shoot 10 rounds per turn.. Nothing less, nothing more.
There's no such a "10 rounds semi-automatic" feature.. Wrong interpretation.

And guns requiring an oxidizer to work in space? Seriously?
Oh, the LSAC 218 Machine Pistol:
1) Its main feature is the "ability to operate in an oxygen free environment".
It means it can be used in harsh environments like space vacuum or on celestial bodies without atmosphere, each one with an extreme range of temperatures.

2) And it also uses special ammunitions: " "long" cartridges which are fully self sufficient in terms of propellant".
It doesn't mean that an ammunition is "requiring an oxidizer to work in space", but to have the fully expanding gas burned optimally in the short barrel, after the bullet was forced out of the cartridge.
In an environment without gravity, you don't want to have a cloud of some unburned propellant residues around your space suit or around/in your fire weapon, while still firing.

My two cents.. Seriously! ;)

Edit:
And as already said by TheDevian, Notty was in the military, in engineering I guess.
I trust our Notty in these kinds of warfare matters and in all the technical aspect that may be raised all along the development of Heavy Five.. She fully masters her subject!!

I always like to tickle her technical side from time to time... :D

Last edited:

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
On Patreon...
There is something weird with you guys, clearly there are a few patreons here so why are you all lying about the ping pong game? It just take a second to check it and you can read that the ping pong game is still in testing phase. There is a VR test posted to use for future chapters (4 and 5), but it has nothing to do with the ping pong game.

So again, Why are you lying?

Chapter 2 is out and 3 is nearly done so its on schedule its just not uploaded here.
No, she is not in schedule, starting from 15 of July she said every 2 weeks we would have a new chapter (except one extra game I dont remember exactly when was said) so at 1 of September we should have had Chapter 4 in our hands already, but YES, she had a mistake and overwrite everything, its ok but shes not in schedule.

And btw, Chapter 2 from 30th July is almost the same than Chapter 2 recently posted, just a fix for an animation that was not seen and a few small bugfixes, that takes her A MONTH to fix. Lets hope that she has taken all that time to fixed it for future chapters too or it could be that we dont get Chapter 5 until 2024.

Oh, and to prove that all this information is not fake, here:

Chapter Two

Chapter Two compressed

cattict

Jul 1, 2020
So should I be doing standard win Download as usual or should I download the Ch4 release to play everything thats up to date?

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
So should I be doing standard win Download as usual or should I download the Ch4 release to play everything thats up to date?
if you want the most content you want the old chapter 4 if you want the "newest" you want the new chapter 2 stuff which is the most recent, we're waiting on the new chapter 3 and 4 which will probably be out in the next 2-3 weeks then chapter 5 should be out I'd say end of september/beginning of october.

sailboat

Apr 15, 2020
Played this game time ago... it was really nice. But the releasing policy seems really confusing :-D

A think I'll wait until refactoring/redone/rewrite is completed...

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
There is something weird with you guys, clearly there are a few patreons here so why are you all lying about the ping pong game? It just take a second to check it and you can read that the ping pong game is still in testing phase. There is a VR test posted to use for future chapters (4 and 5), but it has nothing to do with the ping pong game.

So again, Why are you lying?
Patrons feel the need to defend the developer because she(?) is a woman and they're pulling out the white knighting. They're invested in the project because they've been loyal supporters of the developer for months, if not years. If the project goes bad, it reflects poorly on their personal ego and self worth, because they would be fools for investing time and passion for something that did not bear fruit.

I personally don't mind "milking" Patreon developers. The patrons who get "milked" decides whether it is "milking" or "supporting", and quite frankly folks who don't pay don't get a say.

But blatant lies about the progress or software development standards crosses the line for me.

The amount of reworks, convoluted UI, promises, delays, and the excuses given for delays makes me think the dev spends a minimum amount of time working. And when they realize they haven't done anything that month, they make up excuses, usually related to "accidentally deleting the work" or some bullshit excuse, for their lack of progress that month.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes