Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Patrons feel the need to defend the developer because she(?) is a woman and they're pulling out the white knighting. They're invested in the project because they've been loyal supporters of the developer for months, if not years.
There's been no monetary support for months. Pledging is paused and I guess I misread about the strip ping pong game. But even if it was linked I'm not going to be the one to leak it.

Reactions: reiterhaniwa

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
what the hell is going on with the development of the game?
Dev makes a game and releases it in 2019, gets to chapter 3 and reworks the first two with better graphics a few years ago. Works on chapter 4 and releases it, then dev gets into a car accident damaging her shoulder and the NHS is too slow so she has to go private, then dev gets pnumonia all the while dev remakes chapters 1 through 3 to remove the fourth wall stuff and to be easier to keep track of what's been done while also working on chapter 5 and bonus games. All the while patrons have paid for only a few months over the last couple of years or so.

Unlike certain other people who keep pledges on while not doing anything (and creating fake discord accounts...)

Feb 11, 2023
Dev makes a game and releases it in 2019, gets to chapter 3 and reworks the first two with better graphics a few years ago. Works on chapter 4 and releases it, then dev gets into a car accident damaging her shoulder and the NHS is too slow so she has to go private, then dev gets pnumonia all the while dev remakes chapters 1 through 3 to remove the fourth wall stuff and to be easier to keep track of what's been done while also working on chapter 5 and bonus games. All the while patrons have paid for only a few months over the last couple of years or so.

Unlike certain other people who keep pledges on while not doing anything (and creating fake discord accounts...)
Jesus christ how bad can things get for her; why didnt anybody setup some kind of a go fund for her on here or patreon? Thanks for; I better get my ass over to patreon!

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Original game was great, I never had any complaints about it.
First remaster was stunning, so I let it slide since I like Notty and she likes things to be as good as they can be.
This remaster: Largely unneeded but I like what was added.

However, I'm just going to say this: If she doesn't get past Chapter 4 this time, I'm never touching this game again nor donating another cent to her.
You have the Chapter Five trailer to ease your mind about your last statement:

She might be a little bite late on the "THIS SUMMER" release, just a little, though.

Here is still what to be expected for the release schedule:
  1. Strip Philosophy Ping-Pong(Given the show it's based off is in Chapter Two, it seemed a good idea to drop this here.)
  2. Chapter Three RS
  3. Chapter Four RS
  4. New Trailer
  5. Chapter Five R?
  6. Secret Project 2(There's also a Secret Project 1, but that's hidden in Chapter Five.)
  7. Bonus Pack

And I really like also what was added so far.
I think she has a well crafted Adult Game's candidate now for a release on Steam after Chapter Six, end of the first season. Your early donations made it a possible reality.. Be proud of that, my friend. (y)

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

One of her renders to illustrate her frustrations about NHS..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I had found some grammatical errors and incorrect spelling.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, there must be only one explanation about all those American's typos.
The Dev is British.
And for me, as a European citizen, it's a more familiar syntax and words spelling. It is still the official English language.

Thank you for your hard work though, best regards!

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
When you think about it, considering she uses accents and slangs to show nationality it would make sense for the American characters to use American spelling and for the Brits to use British spelling. I hesitate to tell her though since she might listen to me and we all know she already have enough on her plate :ROFLMAO:

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
When you think about it, considering she uses accents and slangs to show nationality it would make sense for the American characters to use American spelling and for the Brits to use British spelling. I hesitate to tell her though since she might listen to me and we all know she already have enough on her plate :ROFLMAO:
She could only change the spelling when it reflects a different pronunciation, for instance arse/ass.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
"news, Annie?"
While typographically correct, the comma is optional here.

"I wonder why" isn't a question, and therefore do not need a question mark.

"now?, later,"
Here yes, the question mark is missing. As for the comma, I'm conflicted on its need ; it mostly depend on what was expected to be said.

Why is Chris saying "arse" instead of "ass"?
Because she isn't one.

"Looks like"
And why not, "look, a" ?

"something."
He suppose, therefore the question mark is not necessary, but neither it is out of place.

Why is the main character saying "arse" instead of "ass"?
Because, like Chris, he isn't one... Well, except when it's me.

"Defence" is spelled "Defense"
Only in simplified English.

There should be a period at the end.
Yeah, probably.

No, comma in place of the period.

"civilization"
Once again, only in simplified English.

"So it had"
Yeah.

And again, not Notty's fault if a whole country is, since centuries, unable to write correctly its own language.

"say?"
[...]
"not?"
Yeah.

No, it's a question. (fem)Bob wonder if it is, or not, a bit tame.

Only for people lacking of vocabulary and courtesy.

Seriously, don't walk with the zombie herd, learn to write English correctly.

"it, she"
It's opened to debate, both are semantically, correct.

There should be a period at the end.
Yeah.

No.

Not necessarily.

Still no for the spelling, but yes for the comma.

"damper,"
Not being able to spell words correctly, yet wanting to enforce the optional use of Oxford comma. Funny.

"traveling"
No, I assure you that there's two "l" in this word, at least when wrote correctly.

"finalization"
I wonder, did the guy who came with the spelling for simplified English had a speech impediment ? It would explain all those stupid "z" in place of the obvious "s" due to the words origin.

"Earth is"
A planet do not have an opinion. He was referring to "the people still leaving on Earth", by opposition to him who's a spacian. Therefore the plural is correct.

In top of his speech impediment, did he was also dyslexic ?

"Odorless, colorless"
Fun fact: When the possibility to publish personal messages, as well as small business ads, in newspapers appeared, in the USA the price was defined by the number of letters (against the number of words for the rest of the world). And it's expected to be the reason why so many simplified English words are lacking what people saw as "useless letters", especially in the most used words.

"A, Cat B, or C"
"Cat" mean "category", so no, no and absolutely no. And "A" isn't one of the category, it's a word.
What (fem)Bob is saying is that he would have picked a category B or a category C, but not this.

It's an affirmation, not a question. He don't ask if (fem)Bob know, he state an obvious fact and point its obviousness with the final "ya know", because yes, there's no doubt that (fem)Bob know.

Why is he saying "mum" instead of "mom"? Isn't he supposed to be American?
Funny. You point all the correct English words as being errors, not acknowledging that your spelling is different, except here.
And the answer, what also address Chris saying "arse", is that the story take place in an utopia where the USA finally became a civilised country.

I don't think the comma at the end of "school" should be there.
The two comma separate the digression from the effective content. The error, if effectively there's one, is that the "my" should be before the first one.

"storm?"
[...]
"Glam?"
Why the fucking fuck put a question mark at the end of something that isn't at all a question ?

"favorite"
Don't be cheap, you can pay for the extra letter.

"pressurization"
Nop, I can assure you that it's not wrote like that. And I know what I'm talking about, Brits stole this word (who's surprised ?) from my native language.

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Not being able to spell words correctly, yet wanting to enforce the optional use of Oxford comma. Funny.

No, I assure you that there's two "l" in this word, at least when wrote correctly.

A planet do not have an opinion. He was referring to "the people still leaving on Earth", by opposition to him who's a spacian. Therefore the plural is correct.

In top of his speech impediment, did he was also dyslexic ?

Nop, I can assure you that it's not wrote like that.
What delicious irony.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
The best solution would be to have an American English Translation in the Preferences menu.

This English English vs American English issue has come up in other games as well and that is how we solved it.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes