GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I was thinking something like that. Free for Patreons, but release on Humble or some such for $9.99 (or more),
I heard that releasing on Steam actually works fine, as long as you don't have stuff like incest in it. (although stepcest seems to work)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
What I don't like about this is that it's 30% into Steam's greedy pockets instead of Notty's, but perhaps that will change.
Yeah, but I guess that's with most of the plattforms. But what I heard is that it might be easier to get a game to more people via steam.

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah, but I guess that's with most of the plattforms. But what I heard is that it might be easier to get a game to more people via steam.
Is it? I'd be really interested to know how well do Patreon-based adult games do there with all the clutter around.

Reactions: GhostPhil

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Yeah, 30% is much, but it's the best platform out there really, and definitely the most popular one. Still, it might be a bit early to talk about getting the game on Steam when all there is currently is the first chapter of an early state of development title posted on a pirate forum. :p

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Is it? I'd be really interested to know how well do Patreon-based adult games do there with all the clutter around.
Snow Daze is for example a game that was on patreon and is now on Steam. And it even has stepcest. So yeah I think it can work, but I also think that a game needs to be completed.

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
I heard that releasing on Steam actually works fine, as long as you don't have stuff like incest in it. (although stepcest seems to work)
What I don't like about this is that it's 30% into Steam's greedy pockets instead of Notty's, but perhaps that will change.
This is why I suggested Humble. DMD is on Humble and they also offer the option to "tip" the dev. I threw $100 at MrDots 'cause I liked the game.

Reactions: johnconnor

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yeah, 30% is much, but it's the best platform out there really, and definitely the most popular one. Still, it might be a bit early to talk about getting the game on Steam when all there is currently is the first chapter of an early state of development title posted on a pirate forum. :p
Yeah, but there are thousands upon thousands of crap indie games. How would you market it other than on a pirate forum?:) Yep, early it is.

Reactions: Sulring Durgul

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Snow Daze is for example a game that was on patreon and is now on Steam. And it even has stepcest. So yeah I think it can work, but I also think that a game needs to be completed.
It's not much of a question whether it can be there (just 100 bucks), but whether it is profitable.

Reactions: GhostPhil
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes