johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
So I'm at the stage now where, whilst the hamster carries on working, I'm checking the composition of the renders against the scene as a whole. So do they match the narrative still, do the images flow correctly, are there any quality issues etc.

Tedious but all part of the process. The one below, for example, I'll probably replace if I can as I'm not too happy with the light reflections. But it does show off some of the uniform detailing for those that are interested. Badges of rank, name badges etc

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love these tiny glimpses into your creative process- editing and fixing and the like.

Also, those are damn sweet jackets.

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Took 10 mins out at the end of a render batch to have another bash at the concept for Lt. McGruder. Still unsure...
I don't love the tattoo. It doesn't seem Scottish. I like the overall look, though! Maybe a small scar or a bit more shoulder muscle? I have no idea what kind of dials you have on your end.

Also, I want to give her a comb.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Took 10 mins out at the end of a render batch to have another bash at the concept for Lt. McGruder. Still unsure...
We've got another cutie making an appearance. Big plus that she's scottish.
image.png

Excelsior

P.S.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*rolls out of bed, lights a smoke and runs through posts*

With McGruder, it seems she has a different breast shape than most other daz models do. Thumbs up for that, is good to have different representations (torpedo tits and the like).
Thank you. I can promise you that every girl has a different body shape, skin colour, breast shape/size, vagina, the works. After all I'm gunning hard on the realism.

For a bit of post Chapter Two silliness though, I'm thinking of rendering all the girl's boobs, converting them into line drawings and having a "spot the boob" competition... :)

Notty, you just confirmed my theory about you wanting to re-shape us into every gal's dream... after the H5 saga, we'll be disgusted by other adult games

Even if it's just comments in the code, that will make it easier for you to release the director's commentary version with fresh HQ renders once the render hamster becomes a render roadster. :)
*nods nods* Although for anyone who's peeked at my code they know its full of silly #ramblings as it is :)

I love these tiny glimpses into your creative process- editing and fixing and the like.

Also, those are damn sweet jackets.
Thanks :) Well, I know it must be frustrating wondering what on earth I am up to and where the fuck is Chapter Two? :) So, it seemed reasonable to share. Plus, I thought it might be useful in case any of you think about taking the plunge yourselves into dev world.
I don't love the tattoo. It doesn't seem Scottish. I like the overall look, though! Maybe a small scar or a bit more shoulder muscle? I have no idea what kind of dials you have on your end.

Also, I want to give her a comb.
Dials? Oh, I don't have much in the way of fancy model assists. A lot of this stuff I have to do by tweaking the basics or butchering textures. The morphing stuff costs money which I don't have really, so a lot of this is done old school. It'll be interesting to see what I can achieve should I ever be able to throw some cash around tho!

That said, and yes I know H5 isn't great in respect to some of it's assets, but if I can do this on a shoestring with a 2GB card, there really isn't any excuse for games to have crappy graphics. All it takes is some effort.

The tat is a placeholder only you'll be glad to know. I've maybe one of a dozen designs I'm thinking of putting on her in the end. I'll probs take a leaf out of @RomanHume 's book and throw it open to Patron's. Hey, he nicked by UI idea! (Oh hai Roman *blows kiss* ) *is joking Roman is a top bloke and bloody helpful*

And no comb!

OH ... SHIT ... if only you knew.

That is so insanely close it's amazing.

Anyhoo..... as I say she was a WIP, but I think she needs to back into the oven for some serious tweaks...

*goes back to the glam life of dev world by starting to render at 5am..*

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Anyhoo..... as I say she was a WIP, but I think she needs to back into the oven for some serious tweaks...

*goes back to the glam life of dev world by starting to render at 5am..*
I don't know how weird this is going to sound but it ran through my head after seeing that pic.

Right at this moment in time you have an almost pixel replica of lil ole me and you could pretty much make "me" do anything you wanted.

I have no idea why but that thought struck me as hot as fuck.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I don't know how weird this is going to sound but it ran through my head after seeing that pic.

Right at this moment in time you have an almost pixel replica of lil ole me and you could pretty much make "me" do anything you wanted.

I have no idea why but that thought struck me as hot as fuck.

oscars-2014-best-moments-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Fuck...have I done it again?

She'd be the fourth model that I've done that people say looks like someone else.
Yep. More lifelike they look more people will make associations. No way around it. I think it's great. To be honest, Annie on some renders in Ch.1 very much resembles a former crush of mine.;)

"Away wit yer, yer lavvy-heided wankstain"
I think I will be rather fond of her. :D

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well I am curious to be a woman or any other gender :giggle: Sometimes I wish it would be like in a MMO where you can change your looks, gender, etc. with a character-creation-tool :D
Oddly enough Phil, that's the plan once all ten chapters are done. I'm taking a month to put gender and race options in for the player :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
For a bit of post Chapter Two silliness though, I'm thinking of rendering all the girl's boobs, converting them into line drawings and having a "spot the boob" competition... :)
Haha, sounds like a lot of fun!:D

Plus, I thought it might be useful in case any of you think about taking the plunge yourselves into dev world.
To say you've inspired me to actually seriously consider it would be an understatement. Hope you won't mind if a year from now a little game pops out with a little mention of you in the credits.:)

I like the second one and the third one a lot. :)

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Oddly enough Phil, that's the plan once all ten chapters are done. I'm taking a month to put gender and race options in for the player :)
That sounds like a lot of work, to actually make renders for each choosen option. But of course it is awsome!
With race options you mean in terms of humans, right? Not some aliens?

Oh and don't forget the breat and penis size sliders ;) :sneaky:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That sounds like a lot of work, to actually make renders for each choosen option.
Yeah that's what I think too. I like the gender option, but the race option(s) are IMO not worth it. Even with a first person view, it sounds like a ton of renders to make.:unsure:

Reactions: GhostPhil

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Don't be: that is one good looking wee lass!

She's a scot.

Very much so. As can be seen by the wit and wisdom of Lt. McGruder.

"Away wit yer, yer lavvy-heided wankstain"

"Yer move like yer Maw’s a postman and yer Da’s a ballet dancer."

"Aye, mebbe so but at least I'm not English."

Etc etc..
Oh God, I'm getting Burnistoun flashbacks...:oops:

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah that's what I think too. I like the gender option, but the race option(s) are IMO not worth it. Even with a first person view, it sounds like a ton of renders to make.:unsure:
Well it is always the decition of a dev. to decide if it is worth it, but in a game with render images a race option seems like to much of an effort. Not that I wouldn't like it though :D

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well it is always the decition of a dev. to decide if it is worth it, but in a game with render images a race option seems like to much of an effort. Not that I wouldn't like it though :D
I'm wedded to both fem and race options. Not only because I rather want to do them but also I've publicly stated I would on the Patron page.

It won't actually be to tricky to do tbh, and will be something routine I can just run in the background whilst working on whatever comes next.(also if Ava doesn't get to shag Annie, she'll kill me I suspect)

Sliders for boobs and penis are a bit beyond the project scope however. Having had to render a growing erection in this Chapt was quite enough work as it was!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes