Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, me too.:LOL:

Ah poor Nina. The prototype Annie.

A number of things. Facial expression wise she was awful. Also she was "off the shelf" as a model. Melisandre? So, not only was she not original or untweaked she also just looked false in test renders. Plus her body shape was perhaps too close to Sarah's in a way. Finally, and the most terrible sin - she was boring. So out she went.
I'm really glad you went with Annie instead.

So the final release time will depend on what I find. I'll be back when it's out.

Stay lucky and wish me luck! Laters!
Good luck! I hope everything will work as smoothly for you as it should.:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
The MC will look into a mirror and find...nothing.

Then we will recover memories of all the times we didn't have garlic with our space meals or let intense solar radiation touch our fair vampiric skin, and will continue on our secret mission to infiltrate a human military group to seduce their womenfolk and restore our noble race to their rightful position as the apex of evolution!

...this is a terrible idea.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
So today is the big day!
With luck.
Alrighties, that's it from me today. I need to get my super-serious head to do a few things to get Chapt Two out of the door.

• one more run through of images to ensure no poke throughs, clashes and that the composition still works with the dialogue.
  • ensure all the new PDA content triggers and shows correctly
  • final play through to try and break the chapter for bug spotting
  • make final music selection out of short list
Ideally, all of this would have been done much earlier. But as some of you know, I've had to re-render almost all of Chapter Two due to asset changes to ensure long term viability which has caused me to be delayed.

So the final release time will depend on what I find. I'll be back when it's out.

Stay lucky and wish me luck! Laters!
Obvs, I know peeps are rather keen to see it out, as indeed am I. But, equally, it has to be right. No one would thank me if it was a buggy mess etc. Not only is Chapter Two bigger than Chapter One by some margin, but I'm also aware that expectations are, to put it mildly, somewhat high...

This also relates to improvement tweaks. It dawned on me that since we're going to end up with ten issues of Bored Pilot, I needed to make the issue contents clearer so have now added the centrefolds name to the issue numbers on the PDA. Small things I know, but even so.

But to keep you chaps amused whilst you wait...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The MC will look into a mirror and find...nothing.

Then we will recover memories of all the times we didn't have garlic with our space meals or let intense solar radiation touch our fair vampiric skin, and will continue on our secret mission to infiltrate a human military group to seduce their womenfolk and restore our noble race to their rightful position as the apex of evolution!

...this is a terrible idea.
Something like this? :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Obvs, I know peeps are rather keen to see it out, as indeed am I. But, equally, it has to be right. No one would thank me if it was a buggy mess etc. Not only is Chapter Two bigger than Chapter One by some margin, but I'm also aware that expectations are, to put it mildly, somewhat high...
Take as long as you need. :)

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Well... shit. I was too busy yesterday to check the thread and now I've tasted my first taste of being left behind some 10+ pages. :eek:

The banter was still okay (though it was still bugged when I played 3), but the mechanics kept getting worse, the writing was more lazy, and they kept changing the lore.
What do you mean by changing the lore?

You're all going to hate me -so- much....

All the hate. Will. Be. Mine!
Everyone and their mothers have already made this joke at this point, but I shall do it anyway.

Wait...we've turned into a cult?
Hey now, I'm a bit offended by that statement. Here I've gone around dropping arcane facts here and there while doing my best to gather enough sacrifices, incense, and blood candles in order to perform a ritual upon the great altar in order to summon computer upgrades from the depths of the abyss, and you just forget about me. :cry:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Oh bugger...the grown ups have found us...
And glad I did it.

[...] the text boxes were meant to be pure and clear (hence why they seem to intrude on images now in Chapter One, [...]
Personally, I found them perfect like they are. Not invasive and transparent enough. I prefer that to no boxes at all, what I always found a little weird because the text seem to float on the air.

The MC's words and thoughts still don't come across as clear as either of us would like. I'll see what I can do as I do concur with you on this.
The main problem is that the italic font isn't marked enough. Put side by side, the difference is visible. But here you have one, then the other, and something you're wondering if it's italic or not.
But perhaps that the answer isn't in the font itself. Why not having a Character dedicated for this ? Something like :
Code:
define mcThoughts = Character( "Thoughts", window_background="ui/talkmc.png", what_style="mcThoughts" )

style mcThoughts is say_thought:
    color "#fff"
    outlines [ ( 2.5, "#00264d" ) ]
    italic True
So, instead of "You" as name, there will be "Thoughts", which seem relatively explicit (at least for me). If you can make the text wrap in the name box, you can even go with "Your thoughts" if you want it to be even more explicit.

Also, thank you for your kind words.
You deserve them.
  • The characters have an effective and deep personality, far from the habitual cliche and different enough while still being complementary ;
  • The dialogs are well written, with the right dose of humor ;
  • The story interesting, with enough mystery to be captivating, but not to much so it's not confusing ;
  • The rendering great (and now that I try to use Daz3D I'm even more amazed) ;
  • The User Interface fall right in place ;
  • The game mechanism works fine and give enough freedom without loosing the player ;
  • The choices have an effective meaning, without blocking the player (well unless "pew pew pew in your face" :D ) ;
  • Hell, even the "pew pew pew in your face" is proof that you effectively thought about the outcome of the players choice ;
  • The hints are correctly dosed, neither too blurry, nor too directive, and they really help to not be stuck.
And on top of that, you even stopped with a wonderful cliffhanger.

On the other side, there isn't many things to say.
The game probably need to be restarted once, because the role play part is important and, like any other games, adult ones or not, it take some time to find how you'll do it. But that's not a big problem, it's Ren'py, just skip the already seen texts and it don't take much time to fall back where you left.
The only thing that was "wrong", is the trigger for the system outage. You're in the crew room after having talked with Sarah, and you need to left, then go back to it, for the scene to be triggered. But that's not this much a problem and it's easy to trigger it, just not this intuitive.

Perhaps also the apparent (it's the first release, I don't know what will happen next) incompatibility between Chris' routes. I feel like I could love to have a save where I squeezed it, while in the same time she was so near to Sarah's lips. The text saying that she'll not offer the possibility to change the decision make it feel like it's now or never. But perhaps is it just to say that you can't quit the cage once she put it on you, and she'll try to put it later if you choose her solution over Annie's one.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes