Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
Chapters only appear when available so not an issue in this case.

oops: meant to add it's a menu. Restaurant menus for example go down and then across hence the design influence.
Menus don't normally come in chapters. That said, I'm loving the background aesthetic...its visually noisy, but in a way that isn't detrimental at all.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
*feels ashamed*

I've never even seen an episode from the "new" version of BSG. :eek:
Worth it, even if just for the camera work. It's always a problem that you have to be zoomed in all the time, otherwise the ships look tiny. But if you do, you never see the space the ships are fighting in (and it's stupid that ships are also always on top of each other, no distance) or just travelling through, gives you a lack of perspective. And lack of range is an issue considering your light/energy based weapons should have long ranges if you're looking at Star Wars/Trek.

BSG had its thing where it start out on a wide shot, so to give you the tactical layout, then would zoom in for the action shots. It had some of the best space battles to date imo.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*feels ashamed*

I've never even seen an episode from the "new" version of BSG. :eek:
Worth it, even if just for the camera work. It's always a problem that you have to be zoomed in all the time, otherwise the ships look tiny. But if you do, you never see the space the ships are fighting in (and it's stupid that ships are also always on top of each other, no distance) or just travelling through, gives you a lack of perspective. And lack of range is an issue considering your light/energy based weapons should have long ranges if you're looking at Star Wars/Trek.

BSG had its thing where it start out on a wide shot, so to give you the tactical layout, then would zoom in for the action shots. It had some of the best space battles to date imo.
Can I like this post more than once somehow?

The only reason this is such a long thread is because you're so involved. I've noticed all the threads with the developers stopping in are pretty busy threads...….unless the game sucks of course. Good game + involved developer = long thread
*concedes she is a -bit- chatty...* ;)

Reactions: Akamari

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Better to be productively chatty then destructively reclusive like some devs on here and elsewhere.

I get an awful lot out of the engagement to be honest. Either in terms of critique or ideas or even from just knowing that I'm not just working in isolation on this little thing. Also, keeps me amused when tied to the rendering process :)

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
They are all softies it seems :D Sadly nobody asked me for some punishment methodes :cautious: I would've recommended you to a dungeon room on the spaceship equiped with the tools that are needed for that task ;)
Don't forget all the magic space metal that can be reshaped into whatever. I predict unlocking some blueprints will be a task. Do you butter up Annie (SEE WHAT I DID THERE), or study and design it yourself, or blackmail Mr. Plant to do the work for you and hope the device isn't too complex to be a Trojan horse, or just pick something out the catalog, or do a little B&E into crew databases to find the smutastic plans you require?

Really looking forward to the future chapters.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Do be careful of running afoul of Patreon's no-incest rules.
*noddities*
You no like nickname I gave you?

Sad now :(
Oh, alright then. I love the nickname *grumbles* ;)

Don't forget all the magic space metal that can be reshaped into whatever. I predict unlocking some blueprints will be a task. Do you butter up Annie (SEE WHAT I DID THERE), or study and design it yourself, or blackmail Mr. Plant to do the work for you and hope the device isn't too complex to be a Trojan horse, or just pick something out the catalog, or do a little B&E into crew databases to find the smutastic plans you require?

Really looking forward to the future chapters.
I wondered when we'd remember the Tritanium :)

I find the "WARNING" in the background to be very distracting from the title. Maybe shift it to one side or add some background greebling to the logo?
Oh good spot. I hadn't seen that - and now I have, yeah.... Will change.

Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
I get an awful lot out of the engagement to be honest. Either in terms of critique or ideas or even from just knowing that I'm not just working in isolation on this little thing. Also, keeps me amused when tied to the rendering process :)
We are all just part of a vr simulation you are running in the space future. Everything has been going well up till now, but you are just one holodeck malfunction from shenanigans. Just don't give away any important information, we might be Romulan spies.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Becca in the silver bondage cage with NEVER FORGET in tasteful Impact Bold Outline
*laughs!*

I could have gone with Her Smuttyness of Smuttsville The First: Queen of all that is Smutty but it seemed a little bit long.
Oh I dunno, has a certain ring about it tho, no? ;)

We are all just part of a vr simulation you are running in the space future. Everything has been going well up till now, but you are just one holodeck malfunction from shenanigans. Just don't give away any important information, we might be Romulan spies.
It'd be scary if you were *fitz* ri...ri..ri..*re-boots* right!

Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
Man, now I kinda wanna see a simulator with all kinds of nonsense programs full of outtakes, impossible scenarios, or any other crazy silliness that could somewhat make sense in this setting. Though, I could easily see it growing too far in scope that it would be a proper game in its own right, and then questions of 'what chapters could it fit in?' or 'how much would it detract from the main game?' pop up.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes