Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What sort of groveling will I need to do in order to receive your forgiveness?
Aww, no need for any of that, i'm quite lucky that I had a family with certain tastes so I got to experience a variety of music, movie and TV.

Also doesn't hurt that my girlfriend loves that kind of music. Sounds for the soul she calls it.

I always thought that was the Blues.

Or Jazz.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Aww, no need for any of that, i'm quite lucky that I had a family with certain tastes so I got to experience a variety of music, movie and TV.

Also doesn't hurt that my girlfriend loves that kind of music. Sounds for the soul she calls it.

I always thought that was the Blues.

Or Jazz.
When I think of sounds for the soul: by Monsieur de Sainte-Colombe - in fact, the Soundtrack for Tous les Matins du Monde is a fine collection of his viol de gamba music played by Jordi Savall.

I grew up where music that had drums was "satanic" and was only allowed to read the King James version of the bible until I was in grade school and had to read other books. Add to that environment 6 years of classical music training (woodwinds) and the natural curiosity and wonder of repressed kids and you end up with a music collection like mine: it spans Beethoven to the Dead Boys, Combichrist to Amadou y Miriam, The Andrews Sisters to Deadmau5, etc. Add to that the world music, nerdcore, glitch electronica... my tastes are many and varied.

But nothing seems to hit quite the same soul spot as the stuff from Sainte-Colombe.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Choronzon11

Jun 21, 2017
Guys, what the hell?
224 pages in 2 months for the firs chapter of a game?
Sure it seems of high quality but... why all this popularity?
A combination of an actively communicative dev, a surprising amount of effort put into many areas of the game, a genre that isn't over-represented for this sort of game, and cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.

But mostly, its notty, who is insane and has infected us all with her insanity.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Plus I like Notty, she's real easy.

To talk to.

I'd love to give her one.

Of those Patreon subs. Just waiting for games month to die down.

She simply makes me wet.

With perspiration when she writes about tense moments like climbing outside of the ship.

Too much innuendo for one post, i'll behave.

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
Annie's Character sheet should/would have been flagging "probably reading how to frag an officer ". Although the Chapt One bad end was a marker for the future more than anything else. I'd rather players be aware that things can go badly early on than find out too far down the path.

As to how many they've murdered...That depends on your viewpoint.
...wait, how to frag an officer or FRAG an officer?

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Thank you for your kind words

And yuuuuuurp. Choices -really- do matter in H5. I honestly do believe that any completionists will have to give that quest up by Chapter Five. It will simply be impractical. Which is by design.

Right now you scamps can run around and, with a bit of effort and saves, see everything . As the choices impact, intersect and contradict each other the further we get through chapters...you won't be able to do it. I say this with some confidence as out of the five people who asked if they could do a walkthrough on Chapter One...not one has so far managed it, which I guess is due to the scale of decision impacts. Imagine another four layers on top of that.

But the main reason it will become impossible is because how the other characters see you is key to unlocking future paths with them - and in some cases with others. So, what? you say.

Well some of the decision trees and paths are obvious. But some are less so and are dependent on other characters. Lets say all the time you've spent with Y and getting in their good books, is directly opposite to what is needed for X and also depends on what Z thinks. And we're not talking about an odd decision. We're talking about those three little stats on the character page which are almost always impacted by every choice you make...to open a branch in Chapter Six could require you to replay all the way from Chapter Two.

So why make it like this? So that as the game progressed your decisions have weight. So that they have meaning. But also to reflect, as best I can, that the girls are real. That they don't forget what happened and that they can, and sometimes do, talk to each other. There will be no raping someone at night and the next morning having breakfast as though nothing had happened in this world thank you.

You'll always be able to reload and poke around of course each chapter - but only to an extent due to the sheer scale of work involved in retrospectively opening paths. BUT I'll -always- play fair with you. You'll never have any forced content. No sudden swings or ambushes. Everything will be there to help you make an informed choice or at the very least signal what's on the way and, for example, if anyone suffers a bad end on Ophion? That will be down to you too. But choices you will have to make. Depending on your path you want, some of those choices could end up being very hard indeed. But not without you being forewarned before you step down that road of course - that's only fair.

Once past Chapter Three you'll have a couple more chapters to roam around, explore, test the waters, do the nasty with people and have some fun. But then?

Then the game -really- starts. :)
This is what I recognized right at the start. I was simply gobsmacked by the ambition, the skill, required to design it - let alone successfully execute it as a game. To put it in context, a successful author gets warm fuzzies when their tale is recognised for skillfully woven intricacy... @Nottravis is writing several of these at once, wrapped around, over, under and through each other, resulting in a delicate web of pathways that lead to an entire spectrum of conclusion. You wait; you'll see.

I only wish she'd been on directing the writing team of the Mass Effects! :D

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes