somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The finale of Heavy five, I see it now.

Pick red for bad ending, pick green for good and pick purple for "it was all just a dream".
It will probably be a red pill or blue pill, and when you take them, instead of now understanding the matrix you get warped to the start screen and are now a female, or are just drugged and end up in one of the girl's storage lockers a la river tam, to be used as a passed around sex toy.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*returns from a weekend of debauchery and gets down to answering properly*

No more delays, no more dates. It shall be released when ready, not sooner nor later.;)
Indeedy! I'm still sticking to a chapter a month, but no more false deadlines as to when exactly.

I believe I mentioned before that I'm a touch obsessive when it comes to completing a game. If it takes me a year or more, then fine, I'll spend that long just to be sure I've explored all the possibilities. That's not a problem; in my book, it's good design.

Although I wonder, when I mentioned earlier in the thread about this, did you take that to be a challenge? It really wasn't, but thanks anyway. ;)
Not a specific challenge :) Part of the design since day one. Still, at least it'll give you your monies worth, no? :)

Ava, I apologize from the bottom of my blackened, shriveled heart for not even considering that any of the cool kids like *edits* US that hang out here would share the sort of nerd humor I inflict on those around me.
It's the sharpest thread in the forum :) *hasn't seen a single "Save plz" yet* :)

Aww, no need for any of that, i'm quite lucky that I had a family with certain tastes so I got to experience a variety of music, movie and TV.

Also doesn't hurt that my girlfriend loves that kind of music. Sounds for the soul she calls it.

I always thought that was the Blues.

Or Jazz.
Opera. Totes opera.

*is totes a drama queen* But what aces parenting, no? "Off you pop sweetie, go kill that chap for mummy, hrm?"

Nah.. I would never do that to Ava, she's the one that came with the "Notty"

You know it is the third anniversary of H5's release? Im taking the game to a candle lit diner
Second! *isn't that slow!* ;)

Guys, what the hell?
224 pages in 2 months for the firs chapter of a game?
Sure it seems of high quality but... why all this popularity?
It is slightly bonkers isn't it? :)

I suppose some of the guys have played Chapter Two so it's not quite as odd as it might seem - but...alright, it is odd :)

I'll confess that maybe because the game has a number of layers to it might be the cause. It can be played quite lightly but underneath the skin of the main game - there is another deeper game. The player can ignore this entirely and still have a good time, but it is there. And for those who decide to poke around on some of the mysteries lurking further options and challenges open which can make the game almost an entirely different experience as we go forth. Plus...the choices. There are a lot and they really do matter.

2) Notty pampers us with conspiracy theories, ACIO and random bits of spoilers and naughty renders
*concedes this* :)

A combination of an actively communicative dev, a surprising amount of effort put into many areas of the game, a genre that isn't over-represented for this sort of game, and cocaine, lots and lots of cocaine.

But mostly, its notty, who is insane and has infected us all with her insanity.
_i8RXT.gif

Too kind Mr Choronzon :) Oh! And Jaffa cakes! We can't give cocaine all the credit - wouldn't be fair :)

Plus I like Notty, she's real easy.

To talk to.

I'd love to give her one.

Of those Patreon subs. Just waiting for games month to die down.

She simply makes me wet.

With perspiration when she writes about tense moments like climbing outside of the ship.

Too much innuendo for one post, i'll behave.
giphy (1).gif

Exactly. This is why I am surprised. Many games needed a lot of time before having an appreciation.
Well good for her.
*knows how lucky she has been out of the gate*

This is what I recognized right at the start. I was simply gobsmacked by the ambition, the skill, required to design it - let alone successfully execute it as a game. To put it in context, a successful author gets warm fuzzies when their tale is recognised for skillfully woven intricacy... @Nottravis is writing several of these at once, wrapped around, over, under and through each other, resulting in a delicate web of pathways that lead to an entire spectrum of conclusion. You wait; you'll see.

I only wish she'd been on directing the writing team of the Mass Effects! :D
Too generous as always Mr. Me666, but appreciated none the less. :)

But aye, I don't think ME3 would have ended -that- way... :)

The finale of Heavy five, I see it now.

Pick red for bad ending, pick green for good and pick purple for "it was all just a dream".
*eyes!*

It will probably be a red pill or blue pill, and when you take them, instead of now understanding the matrix you get warped to the start screen and are now a female, or are just drugged and end up in one of the girl's storage lockers a la river tam, to be used as a passed around sex toy.
*wiggles eyebrows*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Indeedy! I'm still sticking to a chapter a month, but no more false deadlines as to when exactly.
It has one drawback though. You'll be transfering all the stress to us.

It will be like "I gotta burst this balloon release Chapter 3, but Im not gonna tell you when. Do you feel stressed? Look at that, that's your peace of mind! It's gonna go bang! Do you feel stressed now? Do you?!":D

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Oh! In other news....

The Becca bonus will be out today and I've been doing some research for the next game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you want a good pirate show to watch with sex in it, I recommend Black Sails. Top tier show and acting.

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Too generous as always Mr. Me666, but appreciated none the less. :)
I may have been waxing lyrical on that particular night but, then again, you're a perfectionist and your own worst critic :p

You stand head and shoulders above most other devs here in terms of rendering. You're head and shoulders above most other devs, in terms of writing, whilst sat down. Your code isn't riddled with bugs, you engage fully with your fans and you both plan ahead and manage your time well -

I have always appreciated elegance-by-design, and you deliver in spades. Please pardon me my enthusiasm :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If you want a good pirate show to watch with sex in it, I recommend Black Sails. Top tier show and acting.
*has recently started watching it*

But God's...joyless sex and the current competition between Flint and Eleanor for which one can make the worse decision in a single episode may well kill it for me. Which would be a shame as there is a lot to like. (Also why is Flint constantly sniffing crockery!)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I may have been waxing lyrical on that particular night but, then again, you're a perfectionist and your own worst critic :p

You stand head and shoulders above most other devs here in terms of rendering. You're head and shoulders above most other devs, in terms of writing, whilst sat down. Your code isn't riddled with bugs, you engage fully with your fans and you both plan ahead and manage your time well -

I have always appreciated elegance-by-design, and you deliver in spades. Please pardon me my enthusiasm :)
TemptingElementaryKouprey-small.gif

Thank you - too kind :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
*has recently started watching it*

But God's...joyless sex and the current competition between Flint and Eleanor for which one can make the worse decision in a single episode may well kill it for me. Which would be a shame as there is a lot to like. (Also why is Flint constantly sniffing crockery!)
Figured the crockery sniffing was an English thing, kind of like drinking tea.

They are pirates, never expect good decision making or tactical planning.

The show does get better as it continues though.

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Figured the crockery sniffing was an English thing, kind of like drinking tea.

They are pirates, never expect good decision making or tactical planning.

The show does get better as it continues though.
*will stick with it*
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes