Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I think you're the only person so far who has remembered that little gem (or certainly mentioned it publicly) and thought about what implications it could have. :)
I'll be looking forward to see what you do with that... because I doubt you'd put that "little gem" in if you don't plan to use it in some way.

On one hand, there is part of me that is sorry that there is an element of the game you don't like. On the other, the writer part of me, is pleased that the characters are all sufficiently distinct that they are sufficiently fleshed out that you can actually dislike one of them.

After all, we don't like everyone we meet RL so why here? And it would be lying to say that Chris is adorable. She isn't.

That said, with ten girls to play with there should still be enough to entertain you I hope. Do feel free to drop me a PM if you wish to discuss further.
It's not so much that it's part of the game I dislike, it's that it's part of the game that it's part of the game that I end up locking myself out due to gameplay... I mean, to open most of her content you have to accept a boxing wager and as I said before, doing that is height of arrogance, idiocy or whatever you want to call it.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Regarding Chris and her rivalry. My theory is that it is a facade that stems more from her competitive nature. Not saying she wouldn't have some fun with them given opportunity, but I don't think it likely it would get more serious than that.

There is a lot beneath the surface with Chris. She is not a bad person.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I mean, to open most of her content you have to accept a boxing wager and as I said before, doing that is height of arrogance, idiocy or whatever you want to call it.
Why? What is arrogant or idiotic about a friendly wager?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Why? What is arrogant or idiotic about a friendly wager?
Let's see... you never boxed before but you agree to a wager depending on who win boxing match between you and someone who is boxing champion. Thinking you can actually win that match just because your opponent is a woman is not arrogant, delusional or idiotic?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Let's see... you never boxed before but you agree to a wager depending on who win boxing match between you and someone who is boxing champion. Thinking you can actually win that match just because your opponent is a woman is not arrogant, delusional or idiotic?
Or the lieutenant never boxed in a match

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Let's see... you never boxed before but you agree to a wager depending on who win boxing match between you and someone who is boxing champion. Thinking you can actually win that match is not arrogant, delusional or idiotic?
Maybe winning is not the goal? Maybe it's about showing you have the guts to go against the odds? Maybe it's fun to try despite having next to no chance? Even if you lose it can still be a valuable experience.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'll be looking forward to see what you do with that... because I doubt you'd put that "little gem" in if you don't plan to use it in some way.

It's not so much that it's part of the game I dislike, it's that it's part of the game that it's part of the game that I end up locking myself out due to gameplay... I mean, to open most of her content you have to accept a boxing wager and as I said before, doing that is height of arrogance, idiocy or whatever you want to call it.
I totes get where you're coming from here.

You'll forgive me, I trust, if I stay a bit vague in my answer but what I would say is that, yes, the decisions made (and I wouldn't disagree that fighting the Intrepids boxing champion is not a very smart move) might block content...they don't always block paths.

Chadwick is the most complex so I'll use a more straightforward example to illustrate my point. Sarah.

Traditionally we would expect that to unlock her path we go jump through the hoops of accepting the VR invite, play games with her and romance blossoms etc. Well, perhaps. But what if you don't like VR?

Well, and in my attempt to mimic RL, there are two further pathways to romance Sarah, neither of which involve her love of gaming.

So, yep, you lose content. But as the game progresses I think that's inevitable due to the scale. But pathways...I like to think that's different. If, I know what I'm doing that is :)

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
I'm sorry but I don't quite know what you wish me to add. More than happy to answer anything specific.

Naturally I'm grateful for your expressed interest in the game, but as to being able to persuade anyone to play it - I doubt I can other than to point to that which already exists in the opening post.

Of course others rate it rather highly, which may be a more reliable and certainly more independent view than my own as to whether you should play it. The ratings, of course, are worth a read and are certainly more thoughtful reviews than most others which dot around some games. In addition there was a thread on the top three games recently of which H5 cropped up a number of times from a variety of members.
if you think that's all what you need and there is to say im fine with it, that's all i wanted and that was the deal. i kind of ish like what you said and just wanted your own input on the matter , still have an other project at hand but after that I'm curious how game looks made by a female. i enjoy hearing out and exploring woman perspective on things especially when it comes to games, lots of stuff to learn there.

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
d3lk7y9-dea3638b-351b-425b-a8bd-2fcd10efbdf4.jpg

...I so don't want to win. :cool:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I look at it this way, the MC was a grunt and was more than likely fully trained in CQC, plus being from a family with lots of military in the blood, there was probably home training.

The MC took a bet against a perceived weaker/lighter opponent, expecting what I assume is normal boxing and not other types.

The opponent is a champion of a few hundred person group, whom most don't probably train/fight.

That is like hearing someone is the champion of the local gym.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes