Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Notty, you are wonderful. I love the amount of thinking you have behind the scenes!

Can't wait for the director's cut edition with commentary.
*curtsies*

I suppose this is a decent example of what I mean when I say the game can be played at lots of different levels.

As the player you can just base your choice on either the classic "which girl do I want to impress" or perhaps the slightly more teasy "let's see everyone in their knickers" - and there's nothing wrong with either of those bases. The game continues along in its merry way and your choices still give you want you want.

It's just that underneath there is still more going on should you poke around and try to work it all out. But only if you wish to. Not everyone will find that sort of thing interesting, and indeed why should they?

But for those that want it? It's there in spades:)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Hm, Wikipedia says that's a river goddess. Ophion is a dust bowl? What am I missing?
I shall repost my research.:)

Tonight on Conspiracy Times::sneaky:

Ophion is a Greek Serpent Titan.
Is there a snake on Ophion?

The Wiki page has the following interpretation:

"Pelasgian creation myth involving Ophion as a serpent created by a supreme goddess called Eurynome dancing on the waves.
Doesn't Eurynome sound similar to Amanda? Try reading Eurynome backwards. Supreme goddess? Dancing? Isn't that close enough to what a Walker does?

She is fertilized by the serpent and in the form of a dove lays an egg on the waters about which Ophion entwines until it hatches and the world issues forth.
Is that how Ophions came to be? Talk about a weird kink.

Then Ophion and Eurynome dwell on Mt. Olympus until Ophion boasts that he made the world alone. Eurynome, as punishment, kicked out his teeth and banished him to the underworld."
Ophions and the Serpent banished underground? Be on the lookout for abandoned teeth.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Between going to the dentist yesterday and binging The Orville, I find myself wondering about the level of medical technology in the world of Heavy Five. Do we have Star Trek level of regeneration, or cryo pods, or heal a broken leg in a few hours? What diseases are cured when we've tamed FTL and artificial gravity? I think we've been teased a view of the station's med bay... Are there cloning of organs?

And how much of this will be important when the natives revolt and you only have enough life juice to save one person until the Intrepid returns?
Maybe have a word with Marcus? :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I believe some "consensual boffin" could be kept secret for a bit.. you know the "let's wait for a better time to come clean to everyone" but even that would be a temporary solution that if used more than once would backfire
Yeppers, indeed. It also depends on your partner - and their motivations. The MC really only is just another player in this game...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did we just go from ACIO to AMCAB (All MCs Are Bastards)?
It's fun to be in the A. C. I. O.
I just make the world. What you do in it...has nothing to do with me :)
I just gave the pervert the keys to her house, I am not a fault for what he did with them! I just gave the baby the gun, it's not MY fault she shot someone!
Maybe we'll see Actual in Bored Pilot. *Crosses fingers!*
Who doesn't love the Actual woman? ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
It's fun to be in the A. C. I. O.
I just gave the pervert the keys to her house, I am not a fault for what he did with them! I just gave the baby the gun, it's not MY fault she shot someone!
Who doesn't love the Actual woman? ;)
She has three tiny scenes! You guys, really!

I'm going to have to put her up for April's BP aren't I?

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
You know what I kinda hate about you NT? The way your mind works in how you set up the scenarios, there is almost no way to plan out what choices I should take to lead to the outcome I want.

Your choices are like running down around the bases in baseball, choose to steal, then get hit with a dodgeball while a Marching Band strolls past.

I mean I love you, but I hate you.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
You know what I kinda hate about you NT? The way your mind works in how you set up the scenarios, there is almost no way to plan out what choices I should take to lead to the outcome I want.

Your choices are like running down around the bases in baseball, choose to steal, then get hit with a dodgeball while a Marching Band strolls past.

It's the space version of 10 things I hate about you?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

*grins*

Well...no, maybe, yes? :)

Everything that happens, or can happen, or character decisions will make sense. And, if you want to try and get a better handle on how people will react or their basis for acting as they do, the information will be there for you to find.

But, and this is a big but, you don't have to. It's only if you want that deeper experience. It's totes not a requirement. Promise. ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*grins*

Everything that happens, or can happen, or character decisions will make sense. And, if you want to try and get a better handle on how people will react or their basis for acting as they do, the information will be there for you to find.

But, and this is a big but, you don't have to. It's only if you want that deeper experience. It's totes not a requirement. Promise. ;)
Additional.

Partly it's because I wanted to make the sort of game, I wanted to play. Where my choices did matter, and where there were things beneath the surface. Where what the NPCs did and why they did it had as much meaning for them as my own actions did for me.

Obviously, I'm limited to a degree by my coding, but I still wanted it to hang together. I wanted it feel real. Yes, you as the player know what you want to achieve, and I'll try to give you as many ways possible for you to achieve it. But I also wanted the NPCs to want to achieve things to. Sometimes that may work with your agenda, sometimes against it. But no one said life was easy... :)

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Additional.

Partly it's because I wanted to make the sort of game, I wanted to play. Where my choices did matter, and where there were things beneath the surface. Where what the NPCs did and why they did it had as much meaning for them as my own actions did for me.

Obviously, I'm limited to a degree by my coding, but I still wanted it to hang together. I wanted it feel real. Yes, you as the player know what you want to achieve, and I'll try to give you as many ways possible for you to achieve it. But I also wanted the NPCs to want to achieve things to. Sometimes that may work with your agenda, sometimes against it. But no one said life was easy... :)
Right now all I want is a drink with Annie.. that was a though space walk.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Additional.

So inspirational.:)

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
*grins*

You're the devil. :devilish:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes