Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
But they should be fair, or at least have a basis.

I want you all to shout at me should that never seem to the case and I'm always happy to discuss any concerns you may have.
Oh yes, I didn't really express myself well there. They should be possible to make using logic, perception, deduction and whatever other mental processes are appropriate for the situation. Basis is definitely important, it shouldn't be just random. Player must have a fighting chance so to speak.

But they shouldn't be too obvious, too easy or polarised in regards to the consequences. :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I feel my will to live slowly ebbing away. Only the next chapter of Heavy Five can save me.....and the next issue of Bored Pilot....and maybe watching Becca getting spanked again....oh and some chocolate cake would be nice too....with a glass of milk...Mmmmm :giggle:
*Will whip the new render hamster* :)

Speaking of BP, it looks like it's down to the wire again...

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Yeppers, indeed. It also depends on your partner - and their motivations. The MC really only is just another player in this game...
Polyamory, my preferred playstyle, is one that is barely ever catered for in games. Harem comes close, with one critical distinction, which is that the harem has a keeper. An owner. Since I am strongly of the belief that it is not possible to own another human being (no matter how much they may wish to be!), this goes against my grain. I'm also a big fan of honesty and openness; I once wound up in what I thought was love with both my wife-to-be and another woman, and immediately told everyone involved what was going on and asked for time to sort my head out. Indeed, that my wife had the patience to bear with me through this time is one of the many reasons that we are together. So underhanded shenanigans and deception is also generally not my cup of tea. I can roleplay all of this when needed, but it's always for the benefit of others when I do.

Which returns me to my point - that I appreciate the complexity, depth and independance of the characters presented. Because it affords me the very rare opportunity to genuinely try to make everyone happy. Sarah will want protection (serious), and yet is fun and teasing incarnate (playful). I want to give her this. Chris needs someone she can both trust and respect, so she doesn't feel either the need or the want to control them, and yet still be sure that her own interests will not be dismissed. I want to giver her this! Annie is determined not to be used or betrayed - I'm not interested in inflicting damage, and so honesty will be key here. I want to give her this, too.

I haven't played Chapter Two yet, so I only have the initial offering to go on, and I am certain that these synopses do not do the characters justice. What I am hoping for is that we have the chance to please each and every one of these people in the way that they need, so that we can - in the ends - cum together as one big loving sopping wet happy family :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Polyamory, my preferred playstyle, is one that is barely ever catered for in games. Harem comes close, with one critical distinction, which is that the harem has a keeper. An owner. Since I am strongly of the belief that it is not possible to own another human being (no matter how much they may wish to be!), this goes against my grain. I'm also a big fan of honesty and openness; I once wound up in what I thought was love with both my wife-to-be and another woman, and immediately told everyone involved what was going on and asked for time to sort my head out. Indeed, that my wife had the patience to bear with me through this time is one of the many reasons that we are together. So underhanded shenanigans and deception is also generally not my cup of tea. I can roleplay all of this when needed, but it's always for the benefit of others when I do.

Which returns me to my point - that I appreciate the complexity, depth and independance of the characters presented. Because it affords me the very rare opportunity to genuinely try to make everyone happy. Sarah will want protection (serious), and yet is fun and teasing incarnate (playful). I want to give her this. Chris needs someone she can both trust and respect, so she doesn't feel either the need or the want to control them, and yet still be sure that her own interests will not be dismissed. I want to giver her this! Annie is determined not to be used or betrayed - I'm not interested in inflicting damage, and so honesty will be key here. I want to give her this, too.

I haven't played Chapter Two yet, so I only have the initial offering to go on, and I am certain that these synopses do not do the characters justice. What I am hoping for is that we have the chance to please each and every one of these people in the way that they need, so that we can - in the ends - cum together as one big loving sopping wet happy family :)
That wasn't a bad little summary Mr. Me666. Not bad at all...

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Morning boys :)

It's all actually less about the MC's choices - but about Chadwick's...and she doesn't really have any.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer :)

Edit. You of course may have made your decision on entirely different basis to how Chris -thinks- you made it of course :)
I must say I was close to grasping the reasoning behind Chri's choice. I never though how she would thin of the MC if I decided to stay on board
More or less the same situation here actually. Don't think I could quite put it all into words like that, but everything you wrote definitely fits with how she was represented in Episode 1 imo, even if the time we had to interact with her was limited. Best girl btw

Notty, you are wonderful. I love the amount of thinking you have behind the scenes!

Can't wait for the director's cut edition with commentary.
This is exactly the stuff I'd be interested in as well.

*curtsies*

I suppose this is a decent example of what I mean when I say the game can be played at lots of different levels.

As the player you can just base your choice on either the classic "which girl do I want to impress" or perhaps the slightly more teasy "let's see everyone in their knickers" - and there's nothing wrong with either of those bases. The game continues along in its merry way and your choices still give you want you want.

It's just that underneath there is still more going on should you poke around and try to work it all out. But only if you wish to. Not everyone will find that sort of thing interesting, and indeed why should they?

But for those that want it? It's there in spades:)
I shall investigate this spade extremely thoroughly ;). Deep dives into well fleshed out characters or general lore is one of my favourite things when it comes to good stories and world building.

Which returns me to my point - that I appreciate the complexity, depth and independence of the characters presented. Because it affords me the very rare opportunity to genuinely try to make everyone happy. Sarah will want protection (serious), and yet is fun and teasing incarnate (playful). I want to give her this. Chris needs someone she can both trust and respect, so she doesn't feel either the need or the want to control them, and yet still be sure that her own interests will not be dismissed. I want to giver her this! Annie is determined not to be used or betrayed - I'm not interested in inflicting damage, and so honesty will be key here. I want to give her this, too.

I definitely want to echo the independence sentiment here. One of the things I enjoy the most about this project is that Notty treats the NPCs as proper individuals. I'm sure I and many others have stated this to the point of it being annoying, but from what I have seen in Episode 1 and heard about Episode 2 the game really succeeds at being a breath of fresh air in the nsfw games genre.

I will say though that I really do hope, to quote your interpretation (and assuming it's 100% accurate for the sake of making my point clear), that we are able to have the MC be someone that can fulfil the "need" Chris has for someone she can trust and respect, while also having the control aspect in regards to the bedroom. That is to say: Mutual respect, trust, and affection in the streets / mutual respect, trust and affection while clad in latex between the sheets. (or whatever Chris' preferred getup or lack thereof may be when it comes to femdom. (You get the point))

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Too kind as always.

As to your hope, I believe that Chapter Two answers those questions in a most satisfactory manner :)
"I have a duty to speak the truth as I see it" :cool:

I am most definitely looking forward to playing Chapter 2. Will hopefully be in a position to become a Patreon soon-ish as well, but it might not be in a few weeks :(. Will simply have to rummage around for scraps thrown into the comments here until then.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I believe Chadwick is a fun gal, and she would be willing to give some control, even in bed, if the guy is someone she can mutually trust and respect, BUT due to what her husband did, it will take the extra mile ( playing the bastard path was worth it just to read her remark on men)

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
I believe Chadwick is a fun gal, and she would be willing to give some control, even in bed, if the guy is someone she can mutually trust and respect, BUT due to what her husband did, it will take the extra mile ( playing the bastard path was worth it just to read her remark on men)
I just want for the MC and her to be in a position where she would be totally willing to do so (be equal in bed), but they still decide to keep the femdom aspect going just because the MC likes it as well as herself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
"I have a duty to speak the truth as I see it" :cool:

I am most definitely looking forward to playing Chapter 2. Will hopefully be in a position to become a Patreon soon-ish as well, but it might not be in a few weeks :(. Will simply have to rummage around for scraps thrown into the comments here until then.
Well fingers crossed Chapter Three should be ready in a couple of weeks (but after last time, no hard deadlines!) and Two will then become free. I'm all done bar getting the rendering finished but this chapter has probs the most renders yet and of course I'm a slave to the render hamster on that one :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes