frap

Oct 17, 2018
Well since I have to render in colour then convert, issue the B&W version as cannon with a colour pack attached I suppose?
However:
earliest color photography - 1850's
earliest color motion pictures - early 1900's
sources:

only surviving frame from the hand-colored version of "A Trip to the Moon" (Le Voyage dans la Lune)
Trip_to_the_Moon_Workshop.png

Of course, getting those kinds of washed out colors would likely require just as much post work as B&W

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Ah I see. That seems like a simple and effective solution. I had an idea of starting thematically with black and white and then switching to colour at some point and then perhaps ending again in black and white.
Like Wizard of Oz?

Reactions: TheDevian

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
For me, color is more immersive, if the intent is that you're *there,* then I'd want color.

However, if it's a noir-style, then I'd prefer B/W. And, I really like the noir with a dash of color, ala Sin City. Makes certain things pop.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Aye, I think when you're on your 100th render of Annie in a month you tend to get a bit tired of her! (I know, heresy!). And just knocking something out that's different in terms of models, script and doesn't require me to cross check 14 different coding flags would, despite it being more output, keep me fresh I think.
I get that. As much as you love a project there is only so much you can do especially when you stare at renders for days on end, it needs breaking up.

Can't speak for it personally but i've got friends "in the biz" both indie and AAA.

I have a friend that worked on Defiance and people complained when she streamed different games on weekends in her own time. She'd worked all bloody week and took a couple of hours to herself to have people whine she wasn't working in her free time or playing the game she stared at for hours on end.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So did I, until Fallout 76.

Sad thing is I enjoyed it immensely for 1 whole week and then it hit me .... where the fuck is everyone?

What am I doing?

Where am I going?

Is this it?

I had done all I could possibly do. I had my shelter built and more heavily guarded than a really heavily guarded thing (except from Mole Rats because they can pop up out of thin air it seems) and I had enough weapons and ammo to arm a small country for war.

There was nothing else to do.

I'm hoping Division 2 gives me more to do.

Thirded.
4 was a huge disappointment already, with building being the only thing that really kept me playing, but 76 was exactly what I expected from them. Not only a buggy mess without the help of modders to fix all of their shit, but one step closer to them stripping all of the RPG out of their games, and substituting microtransactions and paid mods. Skyrim, they stripped out stats, but they couldn't do that for Fallout, so in 4 theystripped out skills instead, and it just keeps getting worse.
I haven't any robots in H5...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So...um...

View attachment 265717

I'm sorta thinking of doing a small comicy thing every now and again about a rather hapless 1920's adventuress. I did a short KN for patreons last month on Becca and I rather enjoyed the change of pace.

Thoughts?

Underwater? What ARE those hands doing down there?
If it's going to be set in the 20's, then it's got to be black and white without question.
If so, then I would do splashes of accent color, like in Sin City.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes