Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
An interesting detail I haven't noticed before about the Ch.3 sneakypeeky render is that there is a window that offers view of what appears to be the mess hall.

So if Chris was there that night, it would explain how, in a certain scenario, did she know when and where to go. It wouldn't explain though why would she wait so long before interfering. :unsure:
Oh missed that point. Did you mean why/how she turns up when she does?

That was purely because she says she will at the start of Chapter Two. If I recall correctly, the player is reminded of it when deciding whether to go for drinks, see Sarah etc too.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh missed that point. Did you mean why/how she turns up when she does?

That was purely because she says she will at the start of Chapter Two. If I recall correctly, the player is reminded of it when deciding whether to go for drinks, see Sarah etc too.
Ah, back to the good old times of me missing stuff. :D

You're right, of course. I think what confused me is that she said: "Maybe...I'll drop by later tonight" which I read as if there were no dots. Now I see the "maybe" is connected to her previous musings about what's going on.

So, at that point I didn't realise there was basically a scheduled appointment and I didn't count on it later on. There is no excuse for me ignoring the reminder every time though, that makes it clear as day. Gotta pay better attention to MC's thoughts from now on!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Ah, back to the good old times of me missing stuff. :D

You're right, of course. I think what confused me is that she said: "Maybe...I'll drop by later tonight" which I read as if there were no dots. Now I see the "maybe" is connected to her previous musings about what's going on.

So, at that point I didn't realise there was basically a scheduled appointment and I didn't count on it later on. There is no excuse for me ignoring the reminder every time though, that makes it clear as day. Gotta pay better attention to MC's thoughts from now on!
stop confusing me....

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I mean the "Still I've a few hours to myself before Chadwick is due to drop by to update me." should had made it clear to me that there is a VERY high probability of a Chris random encounter in an inopportune moment.:sneaky:
Yeah, just a tad :)

Don't get me wrong - I don't expect anyone went "Yay!" at that scene (although as I've said earlier, it opens up different paths and shouldn't be regarded as a bad end) but equally I tried to lay it out in such a way that no one should be thinking "Well, that was damned (insert expletive of choice as you see fit) unfair!"

From memory, as any time on the PC is dealing with you scamps, making some naughty schoolgirl becca renders or playing/checking Chapter Three, the nudges were as follows:

• Chapter One, Annie raises concerns about getting together with the MC as they could get into trouble
  • Chapter One, Chris can raise a flag if the MC comes across as too familiar with her crew
  • Chapter One, Annie's staff record does suggest she has a nose for trouble with her constant demotions.
  • Chapter Two, Chris says she'll visit
  • Chapter Two, Chris mentions during the walk with Marcus that Annie is a bit of a booze hound
  • Chapter Two, the MC's thoughts that Chris will visit prior to making the choice
  • Chapter Two, Annies rather copious thirst and pursuit of carrying on drinking even when drunk
  • Chapter Two, the MC's thoughts during the drinking session are practically screaming this is a bad idea (and on more than one occasion) and he has the option to bail out on several occasions.
So, the set up that getting caught with Annie is not a good thing; that Annie is likely to get drunk; that she's the type to do what she wants to do and sod the rules; and that Chris was going to turn up was, I feel, fairly signalled. And as a rider during that scene between Chris and Annie it should be fairly clear that this is not a one-off incident from our favourite engineer...

So...in a consequence based game, the player made his choice and got the consequences...

Your mileage, of course, may vary :)

Oh, it might be worth mentioning for the faint hearted that this is a really minor consequence compared to some down the road - but fair words butter no parsnips of course, so I'll get my lazy arse back in gear in getting better and getting more H5 out :)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yeah, just a tad :)

Don't get me wrong - I don't expect anyone went "Yay!" at that scene (although as I've said earlier, it opens up different paths and shouldn't be regarded as a bad end) but equally I tried to lay it out in such a way that no one should be thinking "Well, that was damned (insert expletive of choice as you see fit) unfair!"

From memory, as any time on the PC is dealing with you scamps, making some naughty schoolgirl becca renders or playing/checking Chapter Three, the nudges were as follows:

• Chapter One, Annie raises concerns about getting together with the MC as they could get into trouble
  • Chapter One, Chris can raise a flag if the MC comes across as too familiar with her crew
  • Chapter One, Annie's staff record does suggest she has a nose for trouble with her constant demotions.
  • Chapter Two, Chris says she'll visit
  • Chapter Two, Chris mentions during the walk with Marcus that Annie is a bit of a booze hound
  • Chapter Two, the MC's thoughts that Chris will visit prior to making the choice
  • Chapter Two, Annies rather copious thirst and pursuit of carrying on drinking even when drunk
  • Chapter Two, the MC's thoughts during the drinking session are practically screaming this is a bad idea (and on more than one occasion) and he has the option to bail out on several occasions.
So, the set up that getting caught with Annie is not a good thing; that Annie is likely to get drunk; that she's the type to do what she wants to do and sod the rules; and that Chris was going to turn up was, I feel, fairly signalled.

So...in a consequence based game, the player made his choice and got the consequences...

Your mileage, of course, may vary :)

Oh, it might be worth mentioning for the faint hearted that this is a really minor consequence compared to some down the road - but fair words butter no parsnips of course, so I'll get my lazy arse back in gear in getting better and getting more H5 out :)
You make it sound like we've been warned and made the wrong decision, when everyone knows that it was mostly the random wrath of an unjust dev god that lead to Chris catching us. I reject your reality and well thought arguments!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You make it sound like we've been warned and made the wrong decision, when everyone knows that it was mostly the random wrath of an unjust dev god that lead to Chris catching us. I reject your reality and well thought arguments!
*laughs!*

Reactions: TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Having got out the old calendar (and taking into account next week I need to back at work for the first time in two months...which will be so much fun I'm sure). Delivery dates for each remaining chapter are as follows:

Chapter Three: 14 June 2019
Chapter Four: 26 July 2019
Note no chapter delivery nor patreon charge will be made in August
Chapter Five: 13 September 2019
Chapter Six: 25 October 2019
Chapter Seven: 29 November 2019
Note no chapter delivery nor patreon charge will be made in December
Chapter Eight: 31 January 2020
Chapter Nine: 13 March 2020
Chapter Ten: 24 April 2020

Following completion I'll be spending two months for retrofitting optional choices for the player such as being able to choose their gender and race and remastering earlier graphics.

Laters!

Note that the above makes allowance for most things including optimism bias, contracting the plague, being elected to Parliament but makes no allowance for space hamster abduction which is beyond my means to plan for. Just saying!

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Oh! Final, final thing. Any volunteer to playtest playing games with Sarah? Since I have a tad of time I've been double checking things and I wouldn't mind a view on whether it works or not. I think it does...but...

• Love
Reactions: WaltS and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh! Final, final thing. Any volunteer to playtest playing games with Sarah? Since I have a tad of time I've been double checking things and I wouldn't mind a view on whether it works or not. I think it does...but...
Time is growing limited these days, but I am always willing to put aside a bit of it to give you a hand.

Reactions: Nottravis

jdoch

Oct 16, 2017
Having got out the old calendar (and taking into account next week I need to back at work for the first time in two months...which will be so much fun I'm sure). Delivery dates for each remaining chapter are as follows:

Chapter Three: 14 June 2019
Chapter Four: 26 July 2019
Note no chapter delivery nor patreon charge will be made in August
Chapter Five: 13 September 2019
Chapter Six: 25 October 2019
Chapter Seven: 29 November 2019
Note no chapter delivery nor patreon charge will be made in December
Chapter Eight: 31 January 2020
Chapter Nine: 13 March 2020
Chapter Ten: 24 April 2020

Following completion I'll be spending two months for retrofitting optional choices for the player such as being able to choose their gender and race and remastering earlier graphics.

Laters!

Note that the above makes allowance for most things including optimism bias, contracting the plague, being elected to Parliament but makes no allowance for space hamster abduction which is beyond my means to plan for. Just saying!
I think it is not necessary to pause Patreon just because you can't deliver a chapter each and every month. As long as you keep a steady output of good work, and your Calendar looks very much like you plan to do just that, everything is fine. Most devs only make significant content updates to their games maybe 2 times a year. It's perfectly fine in my book if you give yourself a "paid vacation" two times a year. (Based on the Dates and the preplanned nature, I am assuming August and December are your Vacation Months)

Frankly, if i look at the rate at which most Patreon funded games progress, most devs give themselves 3 and a half weeks of paid vacation each and every month :rolleyes:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes