Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I wonder if we're talking about the same walkthrough because mine seems to be overly convoluted with mostly just jumping around to find answers. Not to sound ungrateful, I mean it is readable enough, but kind of a mess.
I said it's simple to follow not that it was any use.

It explains what everything "should" be it just gets a lot wrong.

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
It's simple enough to follow.
When it comes to the nice guy path, I can agree.
However, I am still unable to unlock the second event with Annie as a bad guy. The "Berate her for the condition of the ship" option is just unavailable for me.
To be honest, at the begging I don't even intend to follow this path, but since we still waiting for an update, I decided to explore the current game some more.

Just started playing this I am trying to follow the walkthrough. Under first free roam here is what it says:

(otherwise if you are on the Annie's event 1 path you will instead get this branching first) I will have respect on this ship (AnnieAff -1)/ Leave her to what she was doing / I was a bit of a dick earlier (AnnieAff +1)(AnnieRes +1) (picking 'I will have respect on this ship' unlocks event 2 for Annie) Ask about the refit / Ask about the mission / Dismiss her Berate her for the condition of the ship (AnnieAff -1)(AnnieRes +1)/ Ask about the mission / Dismiss her

I choose I will have respect on the ship. If I then ask about refit I have no oprions. If I first ask about mission, then I ask about refit I can sympathise. How do I get the berate option?
I just started a new game in which I'm a bad guy, and I have the same problem. Any idea?
It seems to me that this is not enough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Canes

May 27, 2018
So how do I get the "You didn't perform a sexual act with Annie" achievement? -- The walkthrough mentions a masturbation scene at the end of v0.1 but no further info after that.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Canes
There are number of little things you need to do in general behaviour towards her. Not all of them though, so there is a lot of leeway in this. The key element is the talk with Chris, teasing her back and accepting the wager. Then there is the hug scene you need to go through to the end.

It's good to point out that Annie's endorphin hit is not essential to progress with her. In my Annie playthrough I went with her plan for the approach and thus missed it. There are often multiple pathways in different routes.:)

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
However, I am still unable to unlock the second event with Annie as a bad guy. The "Berate her for the condition of the ship" option is just unavailable for me.
To be honest, at the begging I don't even intend to follow this path, but since we still waiting for an update, I decided to explore the current game some more.
This is one of the inaccuracies I'm talking about.

See, Notty's plan regarding Chapter 1 is to remaster it after the game is finished. There are parts of it that require some adjustment. There were changes over the course of the development and some things didn't make it into the initial release, even though there are remnants of them present in the files.

This option in particular is so hard to achieve that it's probably better not to try for now. ;)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
It would be better if someone wrote a better walkthrough based on actual playing experience without all the unnecessary and confusing code stuff that players don't need to know like variables and hidden stats. This mess of a walkthrough IMO did much more harm than good.
For this game, especially, I think the walkthrough I posted as a comment on her Patreon is the best option:
  1. Play the game.
  2. Read everything, CAREFULLY. Pay attention, because choices matter.
  3. Make your choices and take your lumps.
  4. Repeat as many times as needed.
Seriously, though. By the time this gets rolling out to chapter 5 or 6 any hopes of a "simple" walkthrough will be dashed. There's too many moving pieces to keep track of them all. If someone can come up with a program that can play Ren'Py games (clicks on UI element, records the click, plays through the entire thing a few thousand times until it has hit every possible combination and records the outcome) then there might be a chance.

I should make something like that, in the spare time I don't have. :p

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You forgot the obligatory "when is the update coming out?", that makes up 1% of the rest of F95!

It would be better if someone wrote a better walkthrough based on actual playing experience without all the unnecessary and confusing code stuff that players don't need to know like variables and hidden stats. This mess of a walkthrough IMO did much more harm than good.
Yeah, walkthrough that tend to say "do X to gain 2 lovepoints with that character" are boring as fuck and contribute to the feeling that the game is only a specific path to follow to unlock sex scenes. I don't say making that WT wasn't hard work, I didn't peruse it, but H5 is clearly a game that has been designed with specific individuals in mind. You want to unlock said sex scene? Try to think how this or that character would open their legs heart to you.

It's a lot more fun playing it that way, as it's one of the few games here that rewards players' investment instead of giving everything away. It's a niche genre, of course, but is that bad?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
For this game, especially, I think the walkthrough I posted as a comment on her Patreon is the best option:
  1. Play the game.
  2. Read everything, CAREFULLY. Pay attention, because choices matter.
  3. Make your choices and take your lumps.
  4. Repeat as many times as needed.
Seriously, though. By the time this gets rolling out to chapter 5 or 6 any hopes of a "simple" walkthrough will be dashed. There's too many moving pieces to keep track of them all. If someone can come up with a program that can play Ren'Py games (clicks on UI element, records the click, plays through the entire thing a few thousand times until it has hit every possible combination and records the outcome) then there might be a chance.

I should make something like that, in the spare time I don't have. :p
Oh yeah. I would split players into two groups. Those who use their head I would recommend your walkthrough. Play the game.

To those who use their other head, I think the best kind of walkthrough to make is simply "How to collect all the sexy cg". That's what all the people who play with a walkthrough in the first place want I think. Junior might be too busy for them to properly pay attention.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes