Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I am just trying to figure out if it is possible to create an auto-generated walkthrough. :p
And do you believe in sausages growing on trees? (old family saying)
Even a good manual walkthrough would be incredibly difficult to pull off, so I don't think an automatic one would work. To my mind, the only usable walkthrough would have to wait for the game to be finished and then retro engineer all the choices to get this or that ending. "To see Chris have lesbian sex with a spider, in chapter 2, ask her how she feels about eight-legged sex toys"

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
And do you believe in sausages growing in trees? (old family saying)
Even a good manual walkthrough would be incredibly difficult to pull off, so I don't think an automatic one would work. To my mind, the only usable walkthrough would have to wait for the game to be finished and then retro engineer all the choices to get this or that ending. "To see Chris have lesbian sex with a spider, in chapter 2, ask her how she feels about eight-legged sex toys"
Hey! Spoilers!
;)

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Do you use loops on purpose, for grinding?

God no! Absolutely zero grinding in this game. I hate it with a passion.
may I remind you episode 1 and the talk about games and books?
Becca? Nah... ;)
Notty... if you badmouth my waifu one more time.... I swear I'll lower my rating of the game to a mere 5 stars.
How does it work? Could you describe the mechanics?
you play with Sarah and make the right choice
I am just trying to figure out if it is possible to create an auto-generated walkthrough. :p
it's easy: 1) storm area 51 and get their best hardware and software, 2) spend 10 years pinning all variables 3) pray it doesn't crash your alien device

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Soooo.... I dropped out of this thread a while ago because of the constant "new message" alerts.
Looks like there's plenty new content since then? I guess now's a good time to actually start?

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Is there any way to find valuable scenes? Like, for example, each one has a label with the "end" substring? Or the highest possible number?

How does it work? Could you describe the mechanics?

I know something about this.
Code:
$ knockedup = False
if unsafesex > 0:
  for x in range(unsafesex):
    $ rand = renpy.random.randint(5,10)
    if rand >= 9:
      $ knockedup = True
      break
Let's say that I hate it with a passion. :p

Thanks for all the answers!
On finding scenes, no. I don't flag them like that.

With the mechanics not heavily reliant on stats an auto what's it wouldn't really work. It all comes down to choices and those choices are informed not just by past decisions but by what people say, do and react in each scene (or at least that is the goal).

As to how the VR works I hope you'll understand if I decline to answer just now with it only just coming out.

Oh! And an autopull wouldn't pick up the hidden content. Quite a few of my renders are staged deliberately not only to impart information but also to have additional content if the player can find it. This content is not even in the code....

*wiggles eyebrows*

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
And do you believe in sausages growing in trees? (old family saying)
Let's say that I believe that it is possible if you have well-defined goal.
Otherwise it is almost pointless, because you will have too many states.

I would rather create for her a T-X Terminator made of magic metal (Tritanium?). :p

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
you play with Sarah and make the right choice
I mean, whether it is an arcade or a time trial. Are movements (attack, defend, dodge) random?

it's easy: 1) storm area 51 and get their best hardware and software, 2) spend 10 years pinning all variables 3) pray it doesn't crash your alien device
This is definitely a bad approach. Let's say that you always have at least 3 choices, and you have to make a decision 30 times. It is over 2 * 10^14 possibilities. Definitely too much.
You must know your goals and do it wisely.

Damn, assault on Area 51 is already planned for September 20.

Is it you, Nottravis?

Last edited:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Notty.... since you're bug hunting and all that mojo..... in chapter one there's a game breaking bug.... it's called 'let's play already..." it's an unnecessary choice that simply increses the game's size... I understand the A.C.I.O philosophy but that's really useless and is the root of all evil (meaning every single bug that follows)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes