Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
incredibly when Ava behaves herself
Which is all the time .... it's true.

I like the characters, tho Rah-Rah turning in to something more than a well-meaning dumb blonde didn't sit well with me. I get it, there is a mystery to uncover now, but I would have liked her as she is. I'm curious to see how she will turn out.
2 quick points.

First, character growth. All characters change throughout a game or they get stale. Sooner or later Sarah would have had to have changed somewhat.

BUT....

Secondly, she was never dumb.

Clumsy, maybe, absent minded for sure but she's more quick witted than the rest of the crew which takes a degree of intelligence and knows major details about the weapons systems and running of the ship.

At worst she'd be ditzy but she was never dumb.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I like them too, but more professional looking things bring more eyes. Just good business. Also I think we would need ones for all the ladies/gents of our lovely game.
*had a bash but always happy for something better!*

Funny you mention pregnancy tags :p Will not do an eigth one conspiracy post about that one, but with the hints dropped by Notty, it will be no surprise if that will be one of the themes running in the game.
*blinks innocently*

Are you talking plot or subliminally flirting?
Flirt? Me?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Personally, I think you are both as bad as each other and should be punished, personally
I totally agree, she should be punished.

:(

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Thank you :)

Exactly how I feel the game should be played tbh! Kudos! :)

I'll have a look at Sarah's explanation of how the game works again to see if I can make it clearer. Thanks.

Interestingly that aspect of Sarah has been there since One - but a lot depends on who you talk to as to when you find it out. Sarah herself gives a glimpse of it in One if you discuss weapons with her and drinking with Annie in Two can also give a hint. Sarah reminds me of someone who once spent an afternoon solving a problem for a team that they had spent nearly four months on. In she breezes, talks, listens and BAM. Solved. She then took three goes to make a cup of tea, having first forgot to put the kettle on, then forgetting to put a teabag in and then finally (having thrown the previous two cups of tea away) made a super cup of tea and promptly threw it down the sink as she had done with the previous two...

On other playthroughs btw, the game is rather large. At the end of Three there are 18 paths running if you take the various combinations (this excludes minor conversational deviations of course which don't change paths). At games end this will rise to 116. This, although I know some won't like it, is deliberate.

I was tired of playing choice games where my choices didn't matter. Or, at best, led to two or three endings. I'm playing a game for ten hours and it comes down to three tracks? Nah... One of the things I wanted to do here was to make your choices count. Ideally to make -your- experience of the game as different as I can from someone elses. Now obvs there are limits. Tiny dev, crappy rig etc - I can only do so much. But I'm giving it a damned good go to make your game as unique to you as I can.

*knows this is a fruitless endevour in some ways as some peeps play all the paths regardless! :)

That is quite a lot of paths. Isn't it too big for the amount of people working on Heavy Five? :unsure:
Regardless a like the idea of having so many different variations on each playthrough depending on which choices I decide to follow.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
That is quite a lot of paths. Isn't it too big for the amount of people working on Heavy Five? :unsure:
Regardless a like the idea of having so many different variations on each playthrough depending on which choices I decide to follow.
If by people you mean me.... :) *is a single team of one*

It's all plotted out. So really all I have to do is write the actual dialogue for the plot point scenes and render the bloody thing :)

Last edited:

popabear

Jul 11, 2019
Oddly enough I do that for a reason (I know, right?!). I get a lot of DM's when I pop on here. Signing off is my way of letting peeps know that I'm not on and therefore won't/can't reply to them. *hates to be thought of as ill-mannered*
Actually my commment wasn't aimed at you at all. What you do interests people. I was speaking more generally about other user's low-effort off-topic posts.

It doesn't matter now. We keep trucking the same as before!

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I've nearly done that a few times.

You ever get like that when you've talked to someone for so long and you nearly pick up their mannerisms?

I've had to stop myself typing like that a few times now.

I'll end up turning into mini Notty.
Yes... I went on holiday with my dad when I was maybe 11-12, he hit it off with this woman and while he was off doing 'stuff' with her, I had to keep her son entertained, he had a very strong Scouse accent, when we got back off holiday, I had a mild Scouse accent for a few weeks; I was teased relentlessly for it.

BTW, nothing wrong with a little Notty ;):whistle:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I've nearly done that a few times.

You ever get like that when you've talked to someone for so long and you nearly pick up their mannerisms?

I've had to stop myself typing like that a few times now.

I have noticed that I picked up some elements of Nottyspeech after 7 months... I wonder what it will be like in a year...:D

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh, hunni, I never play against Notty. When we go it's always co op and we both win.
Mutual battle of pleasure then?
So you can start a life of crime and make ...a million dollars!
Okay, now that is a movie I want to see, if we are being honest. But I have to ask, how many paths will the movie have?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I do try to behave but it's impossible.

I've got Notty dropping towels and talking about being wet, i've got you guys wanting Becca spanked by Jane .... how the hell am i supposed to be a good girl when i'm surrounded by so many comments that make it so easy to make puns/innuendo's/jokes/just be rude?

It's impossible Dev, utterly impossible.
*manages it*

*is a good girl!*

Do we get to see it? Do we get to see it? Do we get to see it?:D
Oh no. Defo not! Not with the rest of that scene!

We're all being inducted aren't we?
Wrong tense there, I think, sweetie...

Yeah, I mean just look at us, we have the innocent thing down to a T.

Sure, someone with a dirty mind could possibly twist some of our innocent words into something disgraceful but nothing we'd say ourselves.

*nods rapidly*

Good call

All that she wants is another baby
She's gone tomorrow boy

I had their album.

Not really something to be proud of is it....
Could be worse - could be a -lot- worse...

Not fruitless at all. I play my main playthroughs immersively weighing every option and never rolling back on a choice. These first playthroughs where choices matter are those that matter the most to me.

I only play all the other paths only because of the brilliance of your writing (and rendering).:)
*curtsies humbly*

Avaron Vs, Notti ... just how tiny are you? Is it a fetish? Is it helping out? You seem to be throwing all the tantrums on this tiny agenda ... where is it going anyway?
*is five, eight*

Oh, hunni, I never play against Notty. When we go it's always co op and we both win.
*gigglefits*

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd .............is up to date!
Apologies if I missed anyone *did her best*

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If by people you mean me.... :) *is a single team of one*

It's all plotted out. So really all I have to do is write the actually dialogue for the plot point scenes and render the bloody thing :)
I wasn't sure if there was someone else on the "team", so in doubt i used the plural. :p

It is nice to know that you already have all the point points set.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I wasn't sure if there was someone else on the "team", so in doubt i used the plural. :p

It is nice to know that you already have all the point points set.
All totally written before I started. Took me about six months to work out before I released Chapter One due to the sheer complexity of it all. Tbh it was originally bigger with nearly 200 paths but that would have taken around 16 chapters.

I felt people might be bored of a game that long so cut it down a bit! :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
All totally written before I started. Took me about six months to work out before I released Chapter One due to the sheer complexity of it all. Tbh it was originally bigger with nearly 200 paths but that would have taken around 16 chapters.

*petitions for extended edition!*

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Avaron1974 said:
I do try to behave but it's impossible.

I've got Notty dropping towels and talking about being wet, i've got you guys wanting Becca spanked by Jane .... how the hell am i supposed to be a good girl when i'm surrounded by so many comments that make it so easy to make puns/innuendo's/jokes/just be rude?

It's impossible Dev, utterly impossible.
*manages it*

*is a good girl!*
You expect us to believe you after you were asking to be spanked just a few posts ago?
I'm Not Thea Lundgren! said:
We're all being inducted aren't we?
Wrong tense there, I think, sweetie...
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Avaron1974 said:
Yeah, I mean just look at us, we have the innocent thing down to a T.

Sure, someone with a dirty mind could possibly twist some of our innocent words into something disgraceful but nothing we'd say ourselves.
I am at least 90% sure our DM's are secure. If anyone does happen to read them we can always tell them we're thinking up the script for another, very very rude game.
*nods rapidly*

Good call

So those photos of mine were just storyboarding, yes? *wants to get her line right*
Now I want to see your "storyboarding" ;)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017

So... when do we get the directors cut of 16 chapters? *is willing to pay extra*

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*demands extended edition!*
So... when do we get the directors cut of 16 chapters? *is willing to pay extra*
Sadly it can't be done now. It's not just like dropping extra scenes in (although that could be done of course - but that's a different matter). The way the plot threads run mean you can't just shove stuff in. The story would fall over.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes